Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Gay and Lesbian at Disney
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-08-2006, 05:36 PM   #16
mickeymousemom
Missing: Three tags last seen in this space. Large reward for any info leading to their return.

Location: An hour north of the Greatest Spectacle in Racing and 90 minutes south of legendary NOTRE DAME...Go Irish!

The other day DH and I were listening to the radio and on pops and Earth Wind & Fire song. We were GROOOOOVIN' BABY! (Thank God no one saw us)....so...

Is there anything wrong with bringing out the Earth Wind and Fire or perhaps Kool and the Gang??? ("Celebrate" rules....doesn't it??? )....or howsabout KC and the Sunshine Band??? I have been known to embarrass the crap out of my DD's while dancing to their music in Old Navy.

Now, I also prefer to pull a little Carlton(from Fresh prince of Bel Air) and dance to some Tom Jones...all in jest of course, but quite fun!

And isn't most of that stuff clean??
Old 03-09-2006, 02:24 PM   #17
dkostel
Future owner at CRV? VCR? I don't care lets call it Bob as long as it happens!
I have great appreciation for anything that can make me laugh when I'm out in 10 degree weather

When my niece way young my fav kids CD was Choo Choo Bugaloo by Buckwheat Zydaco. I think Zydaco may be an acquired taste but it was definitely kid friendly and definately danceable!
Register to remove

Old 03-09-2006, 03:55 PM   #18
toto2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by True North

I also think I might have to join the "Bad Parenting" thread. I got a CD of kid friendly music. After sitting through two songs the dance party threw out the CD, and is now playing Kelly Clarkson, Basement Jaxx, old boy bands, and songs from Star Academie, (the French Canadian version of American Idol.)

Does you child prefer Star academie or American/canadian Idol ? I feel like Star is much more entertaining with all the big production number and all the kids in the province know each and every contestants !

http://www.staracademie.ca/
Old 03-09-2006, 11:17 PM   #19
True North
Mouseketeer

haha! Thanks for the song tips guys!

Toto, you are entering the true language debate of our house. Francophone DH would choose Star Academie, while Anglo me perfers Canadian Idol. Mark has yet to really watch TV, so we will have to see what he chooses. Mark being the only truly fluently bilingual person in the house will be the imparcial judge. I know Star Academie will probably win becuase it does have the big production numbers, but I grew up on the songs of Canadian Idol. The only way I could win is becuase Mark is more used to English songs just becuase I don't have that many French CDs.

That leads into a whole diffrent problem. While I can speak French fine with a healthy English accent, I don't tend to translate songs in my head when listening to them. Like I can if I think about it, but often I just sing along without. A couple times I have been singing along and realize that I am listening and singing to a very inapropriate song that maybe I shouldn't be singing to with a child that is learning to repeate every word I say beside me. Oh the T-word is going to haunt me for a while....
True North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 11:29 AM   #20
SeattleRedBear
Mouseketeer
An old floorboard creeks, but the frog was in the crick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by True North
Oh the T-word is going to haunt me for a while....
OK, 'fess up. For those of us who never learned swear words in college french, are you talking about the word for *sshole?
Disneyland Paris: 1999, 2001

Dreaming for Tokyo and Hong Kong....
SeattleRedBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 12:10 PM   #21
True North
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleRedBear
OK, 'fess up. For those of us who never learned swear words in college french, are you talking about the word for *sshole?
haha! No, but that does start with a T. While the meaning of the word is not the same, the T-word is the equivalent of the English F-word.
Old 03-10-2006, 03:57 PM   #22
toto2
DIS Veteran

Would tha word be tabar...k ?
Old 03-15-2006, 09:50 PM   #23
princess pooh
I bet there's some jerk living under a bridge, drinking stolen milk and reading Chicka, Chicka, Boom, Boom
I'd sell my soul for some good Baklava
Why is Chachi on a hamster

Your baby is such a cutie! I guess your avatar pic isn't that new if he's already up and dancing

My nephew is two years old and built like a linebacker, but he's the most graceful dancer! We should throw a baby dance party one day
Old 03-15-2006, 10:06 PM   #24
Mama Twinkles

Join hands in a moment of science.

Here's a primer on French-Canadian profanity: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quebec_French_profanity

You guys got me curious!
Mama Twinkles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 10:45 PM   #25
True North
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama Twinkles
Here's a primer on French-Canadian profanity: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quebec_French_profanity

You guys got me curious!

Okay, I didn't think is was right to swear in (even in French) on the boards, but then you go and post a full list!
Old 03-16-2006, 10:41 AM   #26
toto2
DIS Veteran

This piece is hilarious and I will print it to showit to my english friend, so they understand swearing in québécois !!! it explains it much better than any of my attemps !
Old 03-16-2006, 11:12 AM   #27
Disneydreaming6
Mouseketeer

First I want to say, what a beautiful baby. Would love to see an updated pic. Second, I used to dance around the house with my kids when they were younger. I still love to put the cd's in and dance around the house, my ds4 still loves it. Dd16, rolls her eyes not again mom, runs to hide telling me I am soooo embarrassing. (yes I have been known to do this while her friends were here). The other day I was driving down the street singing my heart out "dancing" in the car when it hit me. Eminem might not be the best cd to be listening to with the little one in the car. It was the "clean" version but I found I was singing the words they left out. Sooo, I switch cds to one of my Rod Stewart cds songbook2 and I hear from the back, Mooommmmmmmm, I can't dance to this song. I really need to get some Kid friendly cd's for the car, But I'm thinking it might be too late for that.
Disneydreaming6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 11:37 AM   #28
SeattleRedBear
Mouseketeer
An old floorboard creeks, but the frog was in the crick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama Twinkles

You guys got me curious!
I swear you can find anything on wikipedia. Thanks for the url. Very interesting to know the words that I thought were swear words are pretty mild.
Disneyland Paris: 1999, 2001

Dreaming for Tokyo and Hong Kong....
SeattleRedBear is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: