Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-03-2006, 04:17 PM   #1
Sandra22
Mouseketeer

House of Blues. . . has anyone been?

We are looking at going to see Willie Nelson at the House of Blues February 1st.
The only tickets left are general admission, which mentions no seating. So I am assuming that you stand the whole time.
I was wondering if anyone has been here, is it worth going and do you have to stand for the performace?

Thanks,
Sandra
Sandra22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 04:27 PM   #2
amyminzey
Mouseketeer

didn't see any performances there, but love eating in the restaurant.
amyminzey is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-03-2006, 06:26 PM   #3
TotoToo
And Your Litte Dog Too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandra22
We are looking at going to see Willie Nelson at the House of Blues February 1st.
The only tickets left are general admission, which mentions no seating. So I am assuming that you stand the whole time.
I was wondering if anyone has been here, is it worth going and do you have to stand for the performace?

Thanks,
Sandra
It's almost all standing only. Very few seats (a few in the balcony & along the walls as I recall). Great place to hear music.
TotoToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 06:34 PM   #4
Sandra22
Mouseketeer

Thanks TotoToo, I did decide to purchase the tickets. I have never been to the House of Blues(which sounds like a really cool place), & couldn't resist the chance to see Willie Nelson at a smaller venue.

Sandra
Old 12-04-2006, 12:03 PM   #5
5mins2disney
DIS Veteran

I'll let you know in a month how it was! We have tickets to see Widespread Panic at House of Blues on Jan 20th, 2007 (the Downtown Disney one).

I've been to the one here in Chicago a few times actually, it's a great place to see a concert! Saw Duran Duran there of all people (I know I know..but hey...someone called and said do you want these free tickets for tonight?)... it was actually a great concert especially in that venue!

I've also been to their Gospel brunch on Sunday's... all I can say is AWESOME..both the music and the food were top notch and I would highly recommend anyone doing to this if you have the chance!!
5mins2disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 12:34 PM   #6
ducklite
Take the Poly, it's fabulous!
Another Mama Melroses fan here!
I am SO in! And I don't care if my friends all think I'm a dork because of it

House of Blues is like a second home to me. There are seats in the balcony area for balcony ticket holders only, and you'll find a few along the main bar and railing on the first floor. They go FAST! Make a dinner reservation at the restaurant for about two hours before the doors time for the concert venue, and then use "Pass the line" to be one of the first through the doors. Walk in and to the right of the merchandise stand past the main bar, turn right go down the stairs and grab one of the bar stools on your right against the railing. You'll have a great view.

Let me know if you ahve any other questions about the place.

Anne
ducklite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 03:43 PM   #7
dgaston
Proudly wears a "Believes in Fairies" t-shirt

We didn't have the advantage of Anne's advice and painfully stood the entire time for Peter Frampton. Great music, sore knees! And remember all the prohibitions for cameras, etc. There aren't any nearby lockers.
Old 12-04-2006, 03:56 PM   #8
ducklite
Take the Poly, it's fabulous!
Another Mama Melroses fan here!
I am SO in! And I don't care if my friends all think I'm a dork because of it

HoB specifically prohibits cameras of ANY type--even disposables--unless you've got photo credentials and sign a release.

They do have a camera check area at every show though--it's between the box office and the HoB storefront, to the far right in the little courtyard area right by the entrance to the music venue.

I *think* I've seen lockers by the restrooms outside Cirque, but I could be wrong.

Anne
ducklite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 05:07 PM   #9
Sandra22
Mouseketeer

Anne, thanks so much for your advice. Unfortuneately this show did mention "no pass the line".
I am really looking forward to the show and we will try our best to get there early and follow your instructions. I didn't realize we had a chance for bar stools.

Thanks again!

Sandra