Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-26-2006, 10:32 PM   #1
SalandJeff
Disney Addict x2
Likes a nice hot cup of tea

Best Prices for Philosophy products?

After suggestions from others on these boards, I would like to try Philosophy skin care products. Where do find them at the best prices? Also, does anyone know where they might have introductory sizes...they are kind of expensive and I would like to make sure they work for me before spending a fortune.

Me DH DD 10
SalandJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 10:34 PM   #2
iggbees
DIS Veteran

qvc or hsn (i can't remember which one) usually has philsophy products. i'd assume they have good prices on them since they have like introductory prices and specials. check on their websites? i usually just buy it from sephora. sometimes they have sales after the holidays on their special scents online. i love their stuff, it smells soooooo good. mmm...

my flickr
iggbees is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-26-2006, 10:43 PM   #3
HayGan
We could all use some pixie dust now and then :)
Papa Smurf Oh Papa Smurf!

Location: Steeler Country - PA!!!! Home of the World Champion PITTSBURGH STEELERS!!!

Check ebay. You can find lots of smaller (trial) size things on there. I like some of their stuff but I think it is a bit over priced. Oh yeah, drugstore.com carries their stuff as well and you can sometimes find a good deal.
Next up:
Girls Only B-Day trip for F&WF - Oct. 2013, Turkey Day & 1st cruise! Nov/Dec. 2013
, Key West & BCV for the first time!!! May 2014
HayGan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 10:51 PM   #4
PocahontasLookALike
DIS Veteran

I would recommend QVC as well. I think they have an introductory set, with small sized bottles.

I don't know if I would get them off ebay...something just doesn't sit right with ME about buying hygiene products on ebay. JMHO!

Ridiculously happy DVC Member
"I solemnly swear that I am up to no good"
WDW 2001 - Sheraton Vistana
WDW 2005 - BWV
WDW 2007 - BWV
WDW 2009 - Beach Club Villas
Childhood Disneyland Trips...too many times to count!
2007 Disneyland trips: January, March and October - VGC
2008 Disneyland trip: 2008 Half Marathon in August!
2009 Disneyland trips: September for the Disneyland Half Marathon, October for a big family trip - VGC
February 2011 Disneyland - PPH
April 2013 Disneyland- PPH
October 2014 Disneyland - VGC
PocahontasLookALike is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 07:50 AM   #5
tinkerdorabelle
DIS Veteran

I LOVE Philosophy products. You have to at least get the Hope in a Jar. First time I used it about a year or so back I had used it for about 1-2 weeks and then was at the gym in these intense bright lights and looked at my face and was like wow I look great, what is it? Its funny, I thought the lights are different, was it my makeup? (was wearing only a little), how the heck do I look so good? I had forgotten that I was using the Hope in a Jar. I've never seen such dramatic results from anything. I get mine from QVC, if you don't like it you can send back even if you've used it. QVC has little "try me kits" of Philosophy products that have a few of the products, there are a couple of them, try one of those, make sure it as the the Hope in a Jar, then you can try and add the other Hope is not Enough, etc, but the Hope in a Jar is the main one I use.
tinkerdorabelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 09:10 AM   #6
BBGirl
DIS Veteran

If you sign up for Philosophy.com mailling list you will get some good free with purchase deals. QVC is not cheaper unless they have introductory price on he item and their shipping is ALWAYS higher. They do have some "try-me" type kits at QVC that philosophy.com doesn't have. If QVC has a Today Special Value on philosophy that will save you ALOT. Philosophy lets yu return product upto 60 days even if you use it. I'm in to the shower 3-in-1's it's an addiction.
HTH
AKV Dec 2013
ASMu Nov-Dec 2008
Pop Nov-Dec 2006
ASSp Nov-Dec 2005
ASMo July 2005
BBGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 09:15 AM   #7
karebear1
BL II - Purple Team
Always misses the big numbers
The pixie dust in the air is totally confusing, but the TF doesn't think you are an airhead! :)

I love Philosophy stuff. I got the trial pack from QVC in January and can't berlieve the difference in my skin! If you go to QVC.com and do a search for A67462 the trial size Hope in a Jar kit will come up. I think it's $35.00. That's what I ordered. Like I said, I ordered in January and still have half of the stuff left- and that's washing my face 2 everyday at least once, sometimes twice a day.
'92 offsite, '95 Double Tree; '97 Boardwalk; '98 Holiday Inn; '99 DXL; '01 WL, CS; '03 OKW, Swan; '04 WL, BCV, BWV; Jan. '05- WDW 1/2 Marathon- BCV's, 7-Day DCL Western on the Magic; Nov. '05- BWV's for an all girl trip;December '06- BCV, WL & AKL- Mom and Son trip; September '07- YC, AKV & GF; September '08- BCV; January '09 AKL & BCV SIL Getaway, February '09 CSR & BWV DisBoutique Meet; GF & BCV November '09, 30th WEDDING ANNIVERSARY TRIP March '10, Family Reunion CiCi and Henry's 1st trip to WDW at BCV November '10, Cici and Henry's 1st Halloween at WDW BCV October '11 Kate and Mom at BCV November 2012

karebear1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 09:10 PM   #8
bigolive9
DIS Veteran

I think most places that carry Philosophy have pretty much the same prices. I think that Philosophy actually sets the prices, not the individual stores. But, sometimes you can get gift with purchses. Nordstom usually has some sort of event in the spring, also Drugstore.com usually has a gift with purchase. However, a lot of times the GWP is a body type produst, not necessarily skin care.
You can get gift sets that have smaller sizes and are usually cheaper than buying everything separately. This gift set has a good variety of products: http://www.philosophy.com/web/store/...0001_-1_25757_

This one has mostly the same things, but a different "theme": http://www.philosophy.com/web/store/...0001_-1_25650_

Also, If you go to your local philosophy counter (ours at Nordstrom is great), then they will give you a few small samples (a couple days worth of product) if you ask for them.
bigolive9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 09:21 PM   #9
deide71
DIS Veteran

The Makeup Optional kit is great. Includes Hope in a Jar mosturizer and also the eye cream, Purity face cleanser, and the When Hope is Not Enough serum for 68.00 @ Drugstore.com with free shipping for $68.00. The retail price for all of these items is over $100 so I think it's a great deal. All of the products are full size though.

If they have the same kit @ QVC you could get it there and return it if you don't like it. May be worth the shipping fee.
deide71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 09:24 PM   #10
Kaybee
Mouseketeer

If you order from QVC you have a 30day return policy so if you find you don't like it you can return it. But I do love the Philosphy creams. They are great.
Kaybee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 10:46 PM   #11
SalandJeff
Disney Addict x2
Likes a nice hot cup of tea

Thanks for all the info. I learned of philosophy products on a thread about bare escentuals. But it never occurred to me to look and see if philosophy had their own website - DUH They have some kits with smaller products that I will try.

Me DH DD 10
SalandJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 08:52 AM   #12
poohbear2
Disney Think Formula is:
HE= #D X DV (Height of excitement level = Number of days left till your vacation multiplied by the number of days of your vacation)

Sephora also carries Philosophy products. If you order $75.00 or more you can get free shipping. You also can get little samples of other products they carry.
Old 03-01-2006, 09:39 AM   #13
pezpam
DIS Veteran

I find that if I time things right, drugstore.com often winds up with the best prices. They have frequent specials for free shipping and that can combine with the free products with purchase.(I can also shop them through the Upromise website to add a little to DDs college fund.) I think I have also found good sales at philosophy.com and amazon.com and it is worth looking around. I've never had a brand I was this loyal to before - just love them! They do feel expensive, but the amount you get just lasts soooo long.
Old 03-15-2006, 07:01 PM   #14
MickeyBabe
Sassy but Humble Parks Game Player
Everyone's Favorite DWhip Wench
Brut, the Tag Fairy's breakfast of Champions!!!!!!

I just orderd the philosophy makeup optional skincare system kit from drugstore.com.

I also got philosophy the microdelivery peel kit, has anyone else used tried this?

Is it better or worse than philosophy exfoliate kit ?

...frosted, snowed and ho ho ho`d by DJen
MickeyBabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 07:15 PM   #15
snowbunny
DIS Veteran

I just started using The Present (sort of a weird makeup underbase - so far so good) and The Supernatural spf 15 mineral powder, which I love. People said Bare Escentuals is really shiny but this is very matte so I'm glad I chose it, shiny/sparkly does not look good on my oily skin. The liquid facial cleanser is great too. Free shipping at drugstore.com with $49 purchase, which doesn't take long with these products.
snowbunny is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: