Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > The Creative Community > Scrapbooking
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-22-2006, 03:39 PM   #1
josanna
Earning My Ears
Josh Hartnett could have me in a heartbeat and dh knows it! Mmmm!

Need help with Sizzix application

I got a Sizzix machine and script alphabet for Christmas and I am finally using it. I've cut all my letters out, but how the heck do you mount them on a page? They end up being so tiny! I used upper and lower case. I think I may remember someone telling me to apply the adhesive before you cut, but then how does that work? I am using a CM mini tape runner and having to peel off the mini squares and even folding some of them over. This is so NOT fun! Please, someone tell me how you apply the letters to your page so I can not regret that I asked for this for Christmas!! Thanks!
josanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 04:03 PM   #2
patchchild
Mouseketeer
Shorties of the world, unite!
the Tag Fairy aimed a bit lower this time! ;-)
Ok, I admit it. I'm a bibliophile

Someone here suggested to me sending the pieces through my Xyron sticker maker. It has been a complete lifesaver for me. Before that, I'd been running them over with my Dotto adhesive but they always got tangled up. The Xyron is the best for the tiny pieces.
patchchild is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-22-2006, 04:05 PM   #3
piratesmate
Drah-gun! I don't do that tongue thing!
I actually used to be smart...before I had kids & brain damage

Do you have a Xyron 100 aka "little X"? Or have heard of it? I put my letters in the Xyron which attaches the adhesive. I think that's what they mean about applying adhesive before you cut - although I don't do that...it's too messy & gunks up the Sizzlit. One thing though - I've found it is much much easier to put the letters in if you take the cartridge out instead of trying to get thim into the X right-size up. LOL

If I had it to do over again, I'd just buy the cartridge & skip the X thingy. I think it wastes too much adhesive.
Old 02-22-2006, 04:08 PM   #4
piratesmate
Drah-gun! I don't do that tongue thing!
I actually used to be smart...before I had kids & brain damage

Oh - and I use a pair of tweezers to put the letters into the X instead of trying to use my big fingers.

Last edited by piratesmate; 02-22-2006 at 04:56 PM. Reason: Because I don't know what "big finders" are! LOL
piratesmate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 04:13 PM   #5
calanniebu
... you're never to old to love a little pooh bear ... wonders if the tag fairy will tag the newbies ...
sales are good - I'm the queen of them :-) and it looks like the Tag Fairy answered your question!

I was wondering about that ... I just got a little X for my sizzix letters and was noticing it wasted A LOT of adhesive. I'll have to try it without the machine :-) Thanks for idea!
~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~
calanniebu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 09:46 AM   #6
bcarson
Mouseketeer
I will second Orlando Bloom! But I have to raise you Sawyer, from lost. Ooh la la!

I use the X or I use a skinny blue zig pen. YOu can hold it with a pair of tweezers of just by one corner. Either one works for me. Script is the only one I have to and was suprised how small it really is. I really want to get round about because it is big!
bcarson is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: