Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-30-2011, 10:53 PM   #1
homedad
DIS Veteran

Going to WDW at a new time of year!

We have gone to WDW the last 4 times in fall, late Sept/Oct. As I was packing tonite for our Friday depature I was thinking how much I was looking forward to MNSSHP, then I realized its April. Anyone else get into a routine or season when you seem to visit and going at a different time feels "weird" ?
homedad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 10:58 PM   #2
Pinocchio #1 Fan
Disney Premier Passholder, Believer in the power of Hakuna Matata!

We have always gone in September, too! Keep us posted on how it goes!
Pinocchio #1 Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-31-2011, 06:53 AM   #3
MonorailDriver
Insane

I've been at all times of the year, keeps is fresh and gives you different experiences...I think it will be good for you!
Old 03-31-2011, 06:58 AM   #4
chskover
Mouseketeer

We always go in May and a few times in December because of school. We may try October since school won't be a factor. Hard to step out of the box.

2014 BWV
2013 AllStar Sports, 2012 POR Riverside;2012 POP/CBR; 2011 AKL/BLT; 2010 AKL/OKW; 2009 SSR; 2009 POP; 2008 SSR; 2007 FW Cabins; 2001 Allstar Music; 1999 CBR; 1996 Offsite
1979 Yogi Bear Campground
chskover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 06:59 AM   #5
Noel22
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by homedad View Post
We have gone to WDW the last 4 times in fall, late Sept/Oct. As I was packing tonite for our Friday depature I was thinking how much I was looking forward to MNSSHP, then I realized its April. Anyone else get into a routine or season when you seem to visit and going at a different time feels "weird" ?
I totally know what you mean! I always visited the World in summer. But last year we were there during March. It felt different and somehow I was not 100% satisfied [for being in FL, the weather was too cold for me]
So.. this year we're going in July again

Walt Disney World
1995 Caribbean Beach
1997 Port Orleans French Quarter
1999 All Star Music
2010 All Star Music

2011 Caribbean Beach
Noel22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 10:56 AM   #6
WantToGoNow
DIS Veteran

Our last 4 trips have been late November or early December. I don't even remember what the parks look like without the holiday decorations. We are going at the end of October this year and I'm a little excited about see the parks with fall decorations instead.
WantToGoNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 11:49 AM   #7
GovieMom
DIS Veteran

Due to our two being in high school and then college, our last three trips were taken during the first week of January. Our upcoming trip is planned for May 7 - 15, and I am soooo ready to experience Disney without hearing Christmas music being played everywhere! My only fear is that, knowing how hot and humid it gets here in SC by then, that it'll be unbearable for me at Disney. I would love to go during early November for the weather, but we've always gone as a family so far, and it wouldn't feel right if the "kids" weren't with us ... they love it too!
GovieMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 12:34 PM   #8
sue_gowin
Mouseketeer

We've also always been there in Sept/Oct (it's beautiful in the fall, not as busy from what I understand, and we LOVE the F&W fest)....but I don't think we'll be going at all this year planning to go in April/May of next year though....can't wait to hear about your trip!

sue_gowin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 12:35 PM   #9
Jupiter&Wolfe
Just a poor college kid scraping up every dime to pay tuition AND go to Disney!

We go whenever we get a chance, so it all over the map. August, September, April, and now we're going in May!

We've gone at all pretty busy times of the year(we went to Disneyland in September during the D23 Expo so it was crowded then too). I make my plans based on avoiding the crazy crowds, and I'm worried that one day we'll finally go at a slower time of the year but I'll still be in crazy avoid the crowds mode!

May is supposed to be moderate and the week we're going has some slow days predicted, so maybe this will be a good transition for me.

Jupiter&Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 01:50 PM   #10
pat fan
I'm leaving now so I don't have to witness what comes next

We have always gone in July due to the kids & school, but now that it's just DH & I, we are looking forward to trying a different time. Haven't decided when that will be, but enjoying the options!

"Sure I wave the American flag. Do you know a better flag to wave? Sure I love my country with all her faults. I'm not ashamed of that, never have been, never will be."
-- John Wayne
pat fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 01:57 PM   #11
TinkBride
I am pro Spaceship Earth wand. I am anti candy/cake castle.

I have gone in early Winter, Summer, and Spring.

I will never go again in the Summer, too hot, too crowded.......even if it means taking my kids out of school (let the flaming begin). But I can not wait to go sometime in the Fall. Fall is my absolute favorite time of year and I would love to see my favorite place decorated for my favorite season. Everytime I see pictures of the Fall decorations, I want to go so badly. It has just never worked out that way.

Next time.......
DLR - 2 trips
TinkBride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 10:33 PM   #12
homedad
DIS Veteran

glad I'm not the only one who sorta has a routine. I'll post when we get back how it went and am looking forward to seeing disney is a different light!
homedad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 12:25 AM   #13
Scrappy_Tink
DIS Veteran

We are making our first Christmas-time trip this year, we usually go in Oct. I was just thinking today how much I will miss F & W and MNSSHP. At the same time, I can't wait to see the lights & MVMCP for the first time. just out of curiosity, what made you want to fight the Spring break crowds this year? (question not meant meanly)

Scrappy_Tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 01:06 AM   #14
MikeandSulley
Mouseketeer

Because of college and jobs we've always gone in May, but finally the last of our group is out of college and we're switching to September this year, I'm excited but it is definitely weird. I'm nervous about the weather, I'm hearing horror stories about the humidity and living in Denver, I don't think our bodies will be ready for that. May weather has always been so nice. We're going to get to do MNSSHP this year, so it'll of course be fun!

"Wait, there's no line at Stitch, we should at least try it..."

August 1992: Offsite - May 2007: POP! - May 2008: POP! - May 2009: All-Star Movies - May 2010: All-Star Sports - June 2010: Disneyland! - September 2010: Disneyland! - May 2011: Disneyland! - September 2011: POP! - November 2012: Disneyland! - November 2013: Bonnet Creek - October 2014: Disneyland! - November/December 2014: Bonnet Creek
MikeandSulley is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: