Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-09-2013, 10:00 PM   #601
donaldduck352
Proud Redhead
What ever ya do try it, you wont be disappointed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksromack View Post
Entrees at Mythos. I ordered the Risotto of the Day, which happened to be spinach/mushroom....and it came with sirloin tips. This dish was spectacular! The risotto was cooked perfectly and the beef tips were so tender! The wine gravy was the perfect touch!

Had this dish several times and it's awesome.VERY FILLING and great priced.
Old 01-11-2013, 07:11 AM   #602
stitchaholic
DIS Veteran

I am so happy this thread was started , we are planning our first trip to the dark side this summer ! There seems to be a lot of crescents served there ,lol !

More pics please , would love to see more from city walk , Hard Rock , Margharitaville , nascar , and especially latin quarter , I didn't even have that last one on my radar until I saw the pics !!!!
WLV-jan 2nd,2010 , AKL july 2011 , ASMo2012 , AKV 2012 , july 2013 Universal/SW/DC
stitchaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-18-2013, 12:33 PM   #603
kkendle
Mouseketeer

Does anyone know if Three Brooksticks still offer the Great Feast and how many people it is supposed to serve and the price?

Thanks! This looks like a great meal for a 17 yr old boy....and me and his sister. The 17 yr old eats a lot but maybe this is way too much?
kkendle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 01:16 PM   #604
vleeth
I heart Disney

Bad idea to look at this on an empty stomach.
vleeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 06:24 PM   #605
Mad Hattered
I had a stick of CareFree gum, but it didn't work. I felt pretty good while I was blowing that bubble, but as soon as the gum lost its flavor, I was back to pondering my mortality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkendle View Post
Does anyone know if Three Brooksticks still offer the Great Feast and how many people it is supposed to serve and the price?

Thanks! This looks like a great meal for a 17 yr old boy....and me and his sister. The 17 yr old eats a lot but maybe this is way too much?
I like escalators, because an escalator can never break; it can only become stairs. There would never be an “Escalator Temporarily Out of Order” sign. Only an “Escalator Temporarily Stairs… Sorry for the Convenience.”
Mad Hattered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 11:03 PM   #606
kkendle
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Hattered View Post
Thanks for posting this!!
kkendle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 10:54 AM   #607
TarHeelScott
Earning My Ears

[QUOTE=nerdboyrockstar;35173063]Orchid Court Sushi Lounge
Royal Pacific Resort

Does the Orchid Court Sushi Lounge at Royal Pacific Resort still sell the Ahi Tuna Sliders and Seared Ahi Tuna Appetizer as pictured on pg 25 of this thread? They look so delicious! Also, can you eat at the restaurant if you're not staying at the resort?

Sorry can't quote the pics until I have 10 posts and I'm a newbie.
TarHeelScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 12:55 PM   #608
macraven
Proud Redhead
Has the longest test on record
I’m a Universal Homie

Location: between milwaukee and chicago (in Tom Felton's house)

[QUOTE=TarHeelScott;47747599]
Quote:
Originally Posted by nerdboyrockstar View Post
Orchid Court Sushi Lounge
Royal Pacific Resort

Does the Orchid Court Sushi Lounge at Royal Pacific Resort still sell the Ahi Tuna Sliders and Seared Ahi Tuna Appetizer as pictured on pg 25 of this thread? They look so delicious! Also, can you eat at the restaurant if you're not staying at the resort?

Sorry can't quote the pics until I have 10 posts and I'm a newbie.
yes and yes.

anyone can eat at the restaurant.

you don't have to be a hotel guest to do so.

macraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 05:05 PM   #609
TarHeelScott
Earning My Ears

[QUOTE=macraven;47748522]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelScott View Post

yes and yes.

anyone can eat at the restaurant.

you don't have to be a hotel guest to do so.

Thanks Macraven! I was wondering because I didn't see it listed on their menu online. So, is it as tasty as it looks?
TarHeelScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 06:49 PM   #610
donaldduck352
Proud Redhead
What ever ya do try it, you wont be disappointed

I dont eat sushi but my DD does and said it was great.
Old 03-16-2013, 12:10 PM   #611
coastgirl
DIS Veteran

I just reviewed this starting at 2010. Great thread.

A couple of questions...

Do they care much about "kids' menu" vs adults at Three Broomsticks and other counter service? (I.e., are they gonna "card" me to make sure I'm under 10?? ) I know CS usually not, but 3B is more a hybrid... Thanks to whomever posted the kids' fish and chips. I like fish and chips, but don't need a huge serving for lunch.

Flip side of that--kids' menu at Emeril's on City Walk doesn't look as good value as that $22 prix fixe. Do you think they'd allow sharing on the prix fixe? I know prix fixe can be pretty restrictive, but looks like a GREAT deal for a special lunch for dh and I. Just wondering if we could get one for the kids to share. Either way, I think we will do that lunch, and buy the kids chicken fingers if we have to.

Thanks for telling about the prix fixe...I have bookmarked Emeril's site for our summer trip. It's right there on the menu if anyone else is looking forward to it! http://www.emerilsrestaurants.com/emerils-orlando

So, if you had to choose between Emeril's and Mythos, which would you pick? Dh is really picky and exceptionally skeptical of "hype" so I am worried about taking him to Mythos.

Oh, the other thing I noticed is a lot of frozen french fries. We are lucky locally in that many places serve fresh-cut fries. Frozen fries are pretty meh. Doesn't look like anyone bothers with fresh cut? Three Broomsticks and Finnegan's seem to have wedges, but that's all I saw that didn't look frozen?

1st trip May/June 06
Jan/Feb 07, same crew at CBR. DCL Magic Eastern Dec 07 CSR Sept 2009
Universal/WWoHP in Sunset Lakes villa Feb 2010 Same again Aug 2013 in Emerald Island villa
PTR/TR Without the Mouse Round 2
TR: First visit to Universal/SeaWorld Feb 2011
coastgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 02:30 PM   #612
braddillman
Mouseketeer

I'd pick Mythos. Been to Emeril's once but just for appetizers and wine. Emeril's feels more like a traditional restaurant and was good. I'd prefer Mythos for theming and location, and probably food. The food was pretty good (check out the menu). Service at each was comparable. Don't worry they're both good choices. My younger daughter liked the ravioli in the shape of a fish.
Nov 1999 - Wyndham on I-drive - MK... Oct 2001 - The Fountains - USF/IoA... Sep 2005 - The Fountains - USF/IoA... Apr 2008 - The Fountains - WDW... Feb 2011 - The Fountains - USF/IoA/SW/Aquatica... Dec 2013 - The Fountains - USF/IoA/EPCoT (1st drive)
me DW DD15 DD12 DS 11
braddillman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 05:44 PM   #613
TigerKat
HOPE YOUR DAY IS FILLED WITH JOY AND HAPPINESS !!
Blow some of that cool air down here
Warning! Getting a tag is hazardous to my mouse

Having been to both Mythos & Emeril's it's no contest for us...Emeril's!!!!! The food and service are great.
Old 03-24-2013, 03:09 PM   #614
hpfan100
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by coastgirl View Post

A couple of questions...

Do they care much about "kids' menu" vs adults at Three Broomsticks and other counter service? (I.e., are they gonna "card" me to make sure I'm under 10?? ) I know CS usually not, but 3B is more a hybrid... Thanks to whomever posted the kids' fish and chips. I like fish and chips, but don't need a huge serving for lunch.

Flip side of that--kids' menu at Emeril's on City Walk doesn't look as good value as that $22 prix fixe. Do you think they'd allow sharing on the prix fixe? I know prix fixe can be pretty restrictive, but looks like a GREAT deal for a special lunch for dh and I. Just wondering if we could get one for the kids to share. Either way, I think we will do that lunch, and buy the kids chicken fingers if we have to.

Thanks for telling about the prix fixe...I have bookmarked Emeril's site for our summer trip. It's right there on the menu if anyone else is looking forward to it! http://www.emerilsrestaurants.com/emerils-orlando

So, if you had to choose between Emeril's and Mythos, which would you pick? Dh is really picky and exceptionally skeptical of "hype" so I am worried about taking him to Mythos.

Oh, the other thing I noticed is a lot of frozen french fries. We are lucky locally in that many places serve fresh-cut fries. Frozen fries are pretty meh. Doesn't look like anyone bothers with fresh cut? Three Broomsticks and Finnegan's seem to have wedges, but that's all I saw that didn't look frozen?

Ate at 3 broomsticks last July for breakfast and was offered the kid's size in place of the adults. Kids portions were huge! Food is not great but it was filling.

~~Amy~~ Lexi Baby
~~Jeff~~ Mickey Larry
WDW/WWoHP June 2010 WDW POP Sept. 2010 DL Oct. 2010 WWoHP July 2011 DLR 24hours Leap Day 2012 WWOHP and WDW Platinum Trip July 2012 DLR annual passholder Sept. 2013-2014, April 2014-2015 WDW and WWoHP May 2013 WDW anniversary March 2014 WWOHP DA July 2014 DLR/WDW Wedding/Disneymoon Oct. 2014 DLR New Year's 2014/15, US/WDW Feb. 2014

Long Term Goal is to stay at all Disney Hotels...so far I've been to.....
All Star Movies-1, All Star Music-1, Pop-1, Coronado Springs-1, Animal Kingdom Lodge -2, Poly-1, Disneyland Hotel-1, Disney grand Californian-2, Paradise Pier-3
hpfan100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 11:52 PM   #615
ksromack
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by coastgirl View Post

A couple of questions...

Both dh and I LOVED Mythos! I had the risotto of the day with beef tips and it was one of the best meals we had in Orlando. Dh had the filet. Everything right down to the bread was amazing! It's nice to sneak away from the bustle of the park yet still remain inside.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: