Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > The Creative Community > Scrapbooking
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-10-2006, 07:01 AM   #1
kaddjr
Now I'm going to have to stalk that Kroger for a few weeks just to look for clearance stuff!

Scrappers- How Much Do You Spend Each Month?

I was just sitting here mentally adding up what I spent on scrapping supplies in the month of January and the amount I came up with was $250! Now, in my defense, that did include the money I received from my parents for Christmas and I've only been scapping since last September. During a normal month, I would say I spend around $100 on scrap supplies. So my question is...

IS THIS NORMAL????

I should also add that I do purchase things on sale or use Joann's, Mikes, and HL coupons whenever I can to cut down on the expense a bit.
kaddjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 08:18 AM   #2
dizney-cruiser
DiZney CraZy ºoº
we dont want no stinkin snow in NJ!!

in my opinion, you got off easy! i dont even want to try and add up what i spent last month!!

dizney-cruiser
(Janice)

2004 (Wonder); 2006 (Magic); 2007 (Wonder);
2008 (Magic Double Dip); 2010 (Magic Double Dip); 2011 (Dream B2B);
2012 (Fantasy B2B); 2013 (Fantasy); 2014 (Fantasy);

2015 (B2B Fantasy!)
dizney-cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-10-2006, 09:00 AM   #3
patchchild
Mouseketeer
Shorties of the world, unite!
the Tag Fairy aimed a bit lower this time! ;-)
Ok, I admit it. I'm a bibliophile

I joined a monthly scrapbooking club that sends me oodles of goodies each month by mail. That has really helped me stick to a budget better. I can't just go out and spend more because I know that I have surprises on the way.
patchchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 11:28 AM   #4
PixieDust32
♥ Live ♥ Love♥ Disney ♥

Oh gosh! I don't even try to add up anything, because I don't want to know!

But I do use all the coupons I put my hands on, also I wait to see the sales of the different stores, I LOVEEEE the craft outlet and the discount stores.

Instagram: roxyy39

PixieDust32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 01:05 PM   #5
TN Traveler
DIS Veteran

Last Thursday I went to Hobby Lobby and spent $32 buying probably 50-60 sheets of cardstock, 2 pair of scissors and 2 specialized kits. I thought that was awesome. Yesterday I had to buy more photo stickers, a refill for my tape runner and another glue stick. That was MAYBE $10. I don't think that's too bad--$42 in 6 weeks. Like everyone else I wait on sales and use coupons. That's one reason why I had so much paper to buy at HL last week b/c I haven't bought any in a while. I also buy albums on sale and stock up.

Now, when CKU comes to town or I go to a LSS....LOOK OUT!! Katie bar the door b/c I WILL stock up on the good stuff then!!

Karen
TN Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 01:34 PM   #6
lewdyan1
DIS Veteran

Too Much!

Dyan 0=====0

Too many times to count... but never enough!!!Twirl Trips 2010!August - Orlando, October -Orlando July - Savannah
lewdyan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 03:13 PM   #7
Torontogal
Mouseketeer & Disney Vacation Club Member

I am thinking of joining a scrapbooking club. Sounds exciting to receive stuff every month. Any ideas on some good ones? Are there any that have Disney stuff?
Old 02-10-2006, 03:35 PM   #8
czycropper
DIS Veteran

I refuse to add how much. I'm in two clubs and still manage to spend $$$ on an online store which I love & at my LSS Let's not even count the money I spent last weekend when I was at the scrapbooking weekend - I dogged my DH question by showing him all the pages I did

1972 - 1975 - Offsite; 1976 - Contemporary; 1977-1988 - Off site; 1992 - POR/Swan; 2004 - Poly Concierge; 2005 - off site; 2008 - 6/22-6/26 @CBR for dance with Disney Magical Music Days
2009 - 5/22-27 - quick trip to Discovery Cove & Busch Gardens
2011 - WWoHP

Non-Orlando trips
2006 - Colorado
2007 - Caribbean
2010 - Galapagos
2012 - Cedar Point/Holiday World/Hershey Park/Great Adventure/Dorney Park - aka "The Great Roller Coaster Vacation"
2013 - England & France
czycropper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 04:06 PM   #9
Spinning
Give me a chunk of something and hot glue/no sew glue and I "create"
The Tag Fairy loves the dog costume I made! Do you do one with wing holes?
Needs tiny bandaids for holes in fingers

Is this a trick question? are you really my DH trying to figure out where all our money goes???
actually when I first started easily $100 a month or more some months! Had to stock up you know!
Now I think maybe about $20 believe it or not...of course some months are $100 but that is usually when I really need to stock up or a great sale. and believe it or not sometimes I spend nothing per month! But I do have a huge stock pile of stuff!

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally the Tag Fairy lost the last part of my quote.. bad fairy. Bad bad fairy.
Spinning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 04:26 PM   #10
TiggerFamily
Love to scrap book

OMG, I was thinking the same thing did my husband put you up to this question. Since I became a CMC I spent less because of my discount but I do buy more then I normally woulhd have so now that I think of it maybe I'm still spending the same, oh no. Don't tell him. Nancy
TiggerFamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 04:30 PM   #11
hilltopfamily
"The sun and the sand, and a drink in my hand....with no bottom" (thanks Kenny Chesney)

hmmmmm.....depends, but I am a really FRUGAL person by nature

For me (I'm a pretty new scrapper, maybe been at it for about a year) it varies quite a bit. If I go to a CM crop, like I'm doing tonight, I usually will spend about $20 or $25 there. (I don't buy their albums or too many of their things...too much $$ for me) but I do like their crops, their punches, and some other of their tools & I try to go to one of those crops a month. Then I'll go to HL, Ben Franklin Too, Michaels, and/or Joann's if they have something on sale that I want or need or if I have a coupon. I try to limit myself to that, but of course I end up finding other things along the way that I want, too. Last night I went to a LSS and spent only $9. I rarely spend lots at those places, as I hate to pay their prices, though I do love browsing at their goodies and especially hitting the clearance bins/tables! But part of that is also because I'm really a simple scrapper, too. I don't do embossing, stamping, or inking. And I rarely use sewing or ribbons/threads/fibers. I pretty much stick with lots of papers, stickers, rub ons, borders, die cuts, brads/eyelets, tags, and embellishments. Adding up this month I'd say I've spent roughly $50. Last month was probably more like $30 and that is probably the norm for me. (Of course, this doesn't include photo processing). One of my fav places is Dollar Tree! Love getting stuff there for a buck! So, I guess I'm kind of a cheap scrapper, but then, as I said at the beginning, I'm really frugal (read: cheap) by nature, so that is reflected in my scrapping. (hey, I gotta save money for those cruises somehow, now don't I? )
Carnival Celebration Cruise March 2004
Carnival Elation Cruise August 2004
Our 1st Mickey Trip August 2005 (8 days at WDW & Cypress Pointe Resort)
NCL Sun Cruise Jan 2006
Carnival Conquest Halloween Cruise 2006
Carnival Conquest Extended Family Cruise Oct. 2007
hilltopfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 04:59 PM   #12
tubachick
DIS Veteran
Official DIS "good thread" popcorn supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by PixieDust32
Oh gosh! I don't even try to add up anything, because I don't want to know!

You know what I'm talking about!!!

If I knew, I would just DIE!!!!
POP 10/12**CR 5/12**POP 2/12**POP 10/11**POP 7/11**POP 3/11**WL 1/11**WL 12/10**POP 10/10**CR 08/10**CSR 07/10** POP 05/10**POP 02/10 ** WL 11/09**WL 08/09**POP 06/09**POP 03/09** ASM 1/09**YC 8/08**ASM 4/08 **ASM 10/07**WL 9/07**DL/PP 4/2007**DCL 3/2007 ** CBR 3/2007**YC 8/2006**CBR 3/2006**CR 8/2005 ** WL (Honeymoon Suite)2/2005**WL(DISNEYMOON Concierge level) 4/2003**ASM 12/2000**ALS 1/2001
LAST! IT'S NOT FOR EVERYONE!
Hail thee Babylonia, the goddess of women and all things fertile, and the landmark of the bathroom
tubachick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 05:04 PM   #13
bcarson
Mouseketeer
I will second Orlando Bloom! But I have to raise you Sawyer, from lost. Ooh la la!

If you are a new scrapper we will forgive you this time. But this is something that it never discussed among scrappers!

Okay seriously, I am in the ball park of don't want to know. I have great months and not so great months and it all balances out right? Okay that is what I tell myself. As long as I keep my dh happy collecting hotwheels he doesn't care or notice.
bcarson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 05:15 PM   #14
Grumpy's Gal
Of course, who wants to get gold lame' undies from a stranger? NOT ME!
I bought a bunch of trashy undies and had them mail them from all over the states

how much do I spend or how much do I admmit to spending???????
Grumpy's Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 06:56 PM   #15
mom2riceboys
Mouseketeer
I am in love with Tony Soprano. I've never liked pretty boys!

I have no idea how much I spent last month. I know how much I spent today though! $38! I bought a bunch of Disney stuff in anticipation of a future (not yet planned) trip to WDW.
mom2riceboys is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: