Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-01-2006, 09:46 PM   #16
BroadwayGirl
DIS Veteran

I think people who don't appreciate live entertainment for whatever reason end up feeling like it is okay to skip Epcot. A lot of people are very focused on rides and technology based attractions and don't realize how magical the live performances are for kids of all ages. Kids also really seem to enjoy meeting and interacting with the cast members from around the world over in WS. I know that I see so many children who are absolutely enchanted with the live entertainment (Dragon Legend Acrobats, Off Kilter, World Showcase Players, etc) get dragged away because the parents are eager to be off to sample the next beer or check out the next thrill ride.

Not saying everyone has to like Epcot or that it is wrong to skip it if it just doesn't suit your style but I do encourage everyone to give Epcot a chance to enchant you.

"Because I knew you,
I have been changed for good"
BroadwayGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 09:48 PM   #17
JennyMominRI
Live from Red Sox Nation
We may get lucky

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwayGirl
I think people who don't appreciate live entertainment for whatever reason end up feeling like it is okay to skip Epcot. A lot of people are very focused on rides and technology based attractions and don't realize how magical the live performances are for kids of all ages. Kids also really seem to enjoy meeting and interacting with the cast members from around the world over in WS. I know that I see so many children who are absolutely enchanted with the live entertainment (Dragon Legend Acrobats, Off Kilter, World Showcase Players, etc) get dragged away because the parents are eager to be off to sample the next beer or check out the next thrill ride.

Not saying everyone has to like Epcot or that it is wrong to skip it if it just doesn't suit your style but I do encourage everyone to give Epcot a chance to enchant you.
I love that chair Act in France.I always get caught up watching it
JennyMominRI is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-01-2006, 09:53 PM   #18
qtwns
DIS Veteran

After my first trip I hated Epcot, but I realized after my second trip that I missed EVERYTHING! Now my DSs (ages 9, 6 & 6) and DH beg to go to Epcot, and as "chief planner" I am happy to oblige whenever they want. I am glad you've decided to go. Take some time doing research on what is there and where it all happens and have a blast.
qtwns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 09:58 PM   #19
WDW LOVR
WDW Makes us smile. Why do we never have enough points?

Our kids really didn't like Epcot when we first went to WDW, and the kids were young. But we made them go any way because as adults we saw the beauty of it. As the kids grew they began to enjoy it more and more and now it's their favorite park.

I would say even if you don't think they'll have a great time now, at least spend some time there showing them all the things you think are cool: The live entertainment, talking to CM's from other countries, The Living Seas, The Land, Journey into Imagination, some fantastic restaurants in the WS, the World Showcase Players, The Malestrom, Oh Canada, Margaritas in Mexico .....I could go on and on.

The most important thing I tell everyone when they ask about Epcot is: TAKE YOUR TIME. Explore all the countries. All the little nooks and crannies. It's the little things that make Epcot special.

Proud Members LOTW
WDW LOVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 10:10 PM   #20
LadyZolt
DIS Veteran

For me, the park I'd miss if I had to miss one is Animal Kingdom. I think you could do EPCOT and MGM in one day if you didn't do much in World Showcase (and if your kids are really small, I think they'd get more out of the other stuff anyway), and because MGM is so close, to EPCOT you could do it, too. If I had to choose between Illuminations and Fantasmic, I'd pick Fantasmic. I think MGM and Magic Kingdom are my favorite parks, but I also never miss EPCOT. I think you should look at the sites online and decide what's the best use of your time for you and your family. I'm sure whatever you decide, you'll have a magical vacation.

-Dorothy (LadyZolt)
LadyZolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 11:58 PM   #21
jdonat
Mouseketeer

It's funny... our "skip" park would be MGM. It 'does' have one of the COOLEST
rollercoasters ever, but IMHO, on a hot day it's the hottest park, for whatever
reason.

When our DD's were younger (they're 17 and 12 now) we'd spend most of
our time at EC -we loved the World Showcase.. eating, etc around the WS, and
watching the shows...

One of our favorite things happened when our oldest DD was somewhere around 4 or so... We were looking for characters.. and my DW asked if we
knew where Ti double gg r was today.. and my DD piped up from the stroller
with "and that spells Tigger!!!'' we laughed so hard we just about crashed the
stroller...

With younger kids, the Kidcot stuff might be lotsa fun, the shows (if your kids
like that kinda stuff) would be good.. Maelstrom in Norway, Figment,
The Living Seas (the aquarium kept our dd's entrancef for HOURS!)...
Innoventions, Universe of Energy.. Test Track (depending on age)..

Our DD's now say that EC is their favorite park......

It can be a surprisingly good park for kids...

have fun!!!

john
#Disneyland 1992/1997/2000/Disneyland Paris 1997
# BWV 1997 1998 1999 2000 2001 2006/2007 2008/2009 2009/2010 Jan 2011 Dec 2011 Jan 2012 October 2012 Dec 2012 NYE 2014/2015
# All Star music 2002, Mar 2012 All Star Sports Jun 2012, Beach ClubVillas 2002 AKL Kidani Village Apr 2011 Mar/June 2012 May 2013 Feb/July 2014 AKL Jambo House June/October 2011
#OKW/WL Aug 2003 OKW Grand Villa NYE 2003/2004 2004/2005 2005/2006 WL Easter 2004 WDW Swan Aug 2008
jdonat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 12:42 AM   #22
taxmom04
Mouseketeer

If you don't already have it, The Unofficial Guide to WDW would be a great
book to find out all the details about each attraction/ride at Epcot.
It helped me tremendously in my planning for the children.
taxmom04 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: