Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-29-2006, 12:48 PM   #1
lisametairie
mother of three, four if you count my husband

buena vista suites

Has anyone ever stayed at the Buena Vista Suites before. Any info on this hotel would be greatly appreciated..
lisametairie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2006, 04:05 PM   #2
DaddyDon
My oldest daughter said i was a hottie when i was younger
My youngest daughter thinks Im the bomb!

We stayed there last spring.The staff was nice as could be.The breakfeast was also good plentful and hot.The pool is rather small but you can pool hop next door to the caribe royal.The room i had was basic and for the most part clean,a queen suite.The room was showing its age and in my humble opion could use a renovation shortly! You are just down the steet from disney and the nick hotel,a publix store is also a stones through away.It is in a great location.I would stay there again if i could get a 89 dollar rate like i had last year.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-29-2006, 04:34 PM   #3
kilee

The Tag Fairy knows all, sees all.....
Love is in the air!

Here is some great info and rates:

http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/Resor...x.htm#hm-Buena
Old 02-05-2006, 11:48 PM   #4
DIS NURSE
DIS Veteran

To DaddyDon...could you please expand on your comment that when staying at the BVS, you can "pool hop" to the Caribe Royale's pool and slide? I have read this time and time again.....only to get no info from the resorts themselves, eventhough they claim to be "sister resorts". I even contacted them each individually regarding this question, and I got a "I don't know" and a, "that is not allowed".

I want to take the kids over to the Caribe Royale for the pool once or twice. I also want to use their (CR's) gym. Any hints or words of encouragement that this indeed, is allowed?

Thanks for any help!
DIS NURSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 12:32 AM   #5
FoodLover
Founder of MouseSavers.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIS NURSE
I want to take the kids over to the Caribe Royale for the pool once or twice. I also want to use their (CR's) gym. Any hints or words of encouragement that this indeed, is allowed?
I answered this question on another thread, but for anyone who might miss it, the answer is no, it's not allowed. The two hotels are owned by the same people, but they do not share facilities. I have asked my contacts in management at both hotels and they are completely consistent in saying no, Buena Vista Suites guests are not entitled to access the Caribe Royale pool or other CR guest facilities such as the gym or business center. (Of course you can eat in the CR restaurants, since those are open to the public.)

The actual suites at the two resorts are virtually identical, but the extra amenities are far more extensive at Caribe Royale, and that's why CR guests pay more.

Mary
MouseSavers.com
FoodLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 06:15 AM   #6
kilee

The Tag Fairy knows all, sees all.....
Love is in the air!

If you'd prefer to stay at Caribe Royale- you may want to watch www.hotelkingdom.com for a good rate. Once in a while they get some.
Old 02-07-2006, 08:36 AM   #7
wenabre
DIS Veteran

I have stayed at the BVS and the Caribe and I can honestly say that I will never stay at the Caribe again. Considering that they are owned by the same company the BVS is much cleaner, friendlier and a lot more 'bang for the buck'.
We had to call several tmes at the Caribe to get things done right in the room, cleaning etc, where as at the BVS, we never needed to. At the BVS I found the staff to be a lot more friendlier and accomodating. The free breakfast is nice and saves a few dollars a day for a family. Yes The pool is smaller but I am only in it to cool down and swim a few laps in the water. The days of slides, diving boards and cannon ball pool entry are long over for me. I will probably get some people flaming me for putting the Caribe down but it my opinion and my expierence with both hotels. Have a great time!!

WDW- 1977, 1978, 1981, 1997, 1999, 2000, 2001,2003 X 2, 2004, 2005,2007 X 2,2009

DL- 1994
DCL- 2000, 2002, 2003, 2004,

WDW- 1977, 1978, 1981, 1997, 1999, 2000, 2001,2003 X 2, 2004, 2005

DL- 1994
DCL- 2000, 2002, 2003, 2004,
wenabre is offline   Reply With Quote