Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-21-2006, 09:32 AM   #1
mkutch
Can't get enough of Disney

Hotel Experts Please.... Can't Commit

You would think by now I would have finally picked a place but I am still waivering. To recap -I am going to a convention April 5-9. DH and the kids are going to DL and CA. I have a ressie at HoJo's and the Sheraton. The Hilton is booked for my group rate and DLH hasn't signed the contract yet on whether or not they will also provide a group rate (no one there could confirm if they even will). I had wanted fireworks at the hotel but now am thinking so what -I would rather have the best room (we would be in it from 8pm - 9am each day and maybe for naps) and a good pool for kids that are not good swimmers and like to play in the water with toys. From what I can tell most people like the Candy Cane Inn. I am also interested in hearing how the Clarion compares and the Radisson Maingate. I have stayed at the HoJo's before but I am concerned about the distance to the convention center. Based on the posts from this thread I am making a decision!!!!!!!!
Thanks!!!!!
mkutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2006, 11:19 AM   #2
Lollipop's Mom
Special trip with your little one ~~ PRICELESS!

Hi,
I am no expert but know your dilemma.....I have been there.
If the pool is really important, just know that that Candy Cane's is very small. If that is a big concern then I would go with the Hojos! It really isn't 'that' far to the convention center. Do you have a car? If not, you can take the bus down to the corner very easily. I wouldn't worry about that at all! IMO the hojos is not really walking distance to DL. After all the walking in the park, it would feel like a long walk back, so I would use the ART. You could even take the ART to DL and then transfer to the ART to the convention center.
Don't stress! I have done this myself so many times and once you get there, you will find it didn't matter as much as you thought!

Sept 2015 - Disney Wonder Hawaii
Sept 2014 - Caribbean Beach Resort
Dec 2013 - Disneyland
May 2013 -Disney Fantasy Western Caribbean
March 2013 -AKL Jambo Studio & AKL Jambo Concierge, & POR Princess Room
March 2012 -Disney Wonder Mexico
March 2012 - Disneyland
May 2011 - Disney Wonder Alaska
Apr 2010 - Disneyland
Jan 2010 -Disneyland
Jan 2009 - Disney Magic Western Caribbean
Jan 2009 - POFQ
Jan 2008 - POP
April 2007 - Disneyland
Sept 2000 - Disneyland
Jan 2000 -BWV Studio
Sept 1994 - All Star Sports
April 1977 -Contemporary

Lollipop's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-21-2006, 11:23 AM   #3
judimouse
Looking for the Duck.

If you go to my website you can view pictures of the hotels.

http://www.*****************

I would pick the Clarion over the Radisson.

HoJo's is great plus you can walk to DL. Sheraton is out of the way and you would need to use their shuttle.

mousepatrol on vmk

TDC-Lover of Donald Duck and Mistress of the Nightime **Fireworks**
judimouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2006, 12:22 PM   #4
samkj
I LOVE changing them for the holidays
I love living in CA!!

Personally I wouldn't go with either the Sheraton (unless you are talking about the Sheraton Park and not Sheraton Anaheim) or HoJo's. Neither is close to the Convention Center and personally I feel the HoJo walk to DL at the end of the day is too far for my kids. I would go with something close to the Convention center, Hilton Anaheim, Marriot Anaheim (I honestly don't know anything about this hotel, I just saw it on a map of the area) or like the Candy Cane Inn with its own shuttle if the walk get to be too much. It doesn't sound like your kids need a big pool, so I think the Candy Cane Inn would be fine for your needs.
Old 01-21-2006, 01:34 PM   #5
munchkinsmom
Mom to DD12 and DS9

I'm just guessing, but I think the walk from the HOJO to the CC would take about 20 minutes; from the Sheraton, about 30 minutes.

If your heart is set on staying at one of these hotels, you could take the Anaheim Rapid Transit (ART) from the HOJO, get off at the DLR bus/tram stop, then take another ART tram to the stop nearest the CC or walk the rest of the way. The Sheraton has its own tram to the DLR bus/tram stop, so you could ride that, then transfer to the ART or walk to the CC. The cost for the ART is $3/day for adults with unlimited use of any tram (children riding w/ adult are free).

Hotels/motels along Katella or on the corner of Harbor and Katella are better bets for you if you don't want the hassle of walking or taking a tram. We've stayed at the Anaheim Marriott, which is close to the CC and have no complaints about it. While I've never stayed here, I've heard nice things about the Candy Cane Inn. We have stayed at the Castle Inn across the street from Candy Cane, but I'm not too impressed w/ their pool and it presents itself more of as a "motel" rather than a hotel, IMO. If this isn't an issue for you, then this might be a nice compromise for you and your family. Their family suite layout is nice and works well for early kid bedtimes and parent "alone time" in the evening.

Good luck in your decision and have a great time!
munchkinsmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: