Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > The Creative Community
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-17-2006, 08:36 PM   #31
nicurn
"dark side" scrapper
target shopping queen
Never say never to the Tag Fairy!
Gotta love drywall tape!

ok, I'll have to go check when all the other swaps are due so we don't have any major conflicts. maggie

thanks piratesmate
nicurn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 09:21 PM   #32
Disneyland_emily
I soo need to get that
I *knew* there was a reason I still had faith in people
I can't sleep unless I say goodnight to Drew

DAK works for me

I dont really care as I just need *something* to do.... and as I hope to be living back at WDW by this summer... I'll prob use it all :D

-em
Register to remove

Old 01-17-2006, 11:09 PM   #33
MamaCentral
Earning My Ears

I would love to join one as well and would love it if it was Disney related.
~Michele~
MamaCentral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 12:49 AM   #34
bubbasmom99

Disney Obsessed
I know you guys would understand the obsession....

I was on board to host a Disney MGM studios swap at some point this year, and will still do so when all the dust settles from all the others I don't remember who originally volunteered to host the Animal Kingdom swap, but I think it's a great idea!!

4/14 - WDW BCV + Disney Dream to the Bahamas, 1/13 - DL GCH
5/11 - WDW BCV + Disney Dream to the Bahamas, 1/11 - 2 nt cruise to nowhere on the Wonder! 5/10 - DL HOJO + Royal Caribbean Mariner of the Seas Mexican Riviera, 7/09 - DL - DLH, 12/08 - US/IoA - RPR + 7 nt Eastern Magic, 11/07 - DL DLH, 5/07 - DL - BWPPI, 12/06 - WDW BCV + 7 night Magic with 2 stops @ CC 12/05 - WDW VWL, 12/05-DL Doubletree, 8/05 - DL DLH, DL 6/05 - DL HoJo, 3/05 - DL Candy Cane Inn, 12/04 - WDW AKL/BCV and 3 day Wonder , 11/03-DL WestCoast Anahem, 5/03- WDW WLV, 10/02-DL DLH, 11/01-DL GCH, 3/01 - DL DLH, 12/00 - WDW Dixie Landings, 12/99 - DL Crystal Suites, 8/98 - DL DLH, 8/96 - WDW Grand Floridian & Contemporary - **honeymoon**
bubbasmom99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 07:34 AM   #35
Spinning
Give me a chunk of something and hot glue/no sew glue and I "create"
The Tag Fairy loves the dog costume I made! Do you do one with wing holes?
Needs tiny bandaids for holes in fingers

Can't wait to see everything you guys make! I bet this will be an amazing swap!
Have fun!
maggie thanks for setting this up!

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally the Tag Fairy lost the last part of my quote.. bad fairy. Bad bad fairy.
Spinning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 08:00 AM   #36
Tink&Belle's Mom
Mouseketeer

I'd be interested, too, in an AK swap, depending on the due date. I just sent out my first swap (the Year-round one), and am anxiously waiting to see how my items "stack up" to the others.

Thanks for thinking of a way to make it easier for us new swappers to get started!
Tink&Belle's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 08:09 AM   #37
jenny2
Victim of a TAGNAPPING!

Maggie, I'd be interested in an AK swap too! I have so many pictures from that park...

* Oct '07 ~ 7 night Eastern Magic Cruise - for our 10th Anniversary! *
* Nov '08 ~ 7 night Western Magic Cruise *
jenny2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 08:44 AM   #38
nicurn
"dark side" scrapper
target shopping queen
Gotta love drywall tape!

ok so I'm trying to keep this as uncomplicated as possible... so here are a few questions for y'all.

1) is a due date of march 24th ok?
2) do you want to just do one element (ie:someone just does borders, someone just does squares, etc)
3) or do y'all want more of a page kit? (you do photo mats and something else that goes with that, ie) photomats and squares, etc
4) small groups?

that's all I can think of right now. maggie

thanks piratesmate
Old 01-18-2006, 08:54 AM   #39
piratesmate
Drah-gun! I don't do that tongue thing!
I actually used to be smart...before I had kids & brain damage

1) Mar 24th is fine with me
2) one element is good with me - especially if we don't do small groups
3) I'd prefer not to do a large page kit...2 elements per person sounds great. I think large kits may become overwhelming for newbies. JMHO
4) small groups are good - but up to 11 would be okay too
Old 01-18-2006, 08:56 AM   #40
soccerchick
Dis Veteran
My husband has rice duty

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicurn
ok so I'm trying to keep this as uncomplicated as possible... so here are a few questions for y'all.

1) is a due date of march 24th ok?
2) do you want to just do one element (ie:someone just does borders, someone just does squares, etc)
3) or do y'all want more of a page kit? (you do photo mats and something else that goes with that, ie) photomats and squares, etc
4) small groups?

that's all I can think of right now. maggie
Date sounds fine!

Would you elaborate on #4 please. We work with some others to create a page kit?

As an intimidated newbie, #2 sounds more in my comfort zone.
I'd probably vote for #3 although I've never swapped before so what do I know? It seems like things might "go better" KWIM?

Could some swap vets chime in here and educate us swap virgins?

Thanks and sorry to be so clueless...
soccerchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 09:04 AM   #41
nicurn
"dark side" scrapper
target shopping queen
Gotta love drywall tape!

ok, I think that perhaps since this is a swap for the new people we should go with one element. I don't want the groups to be overwhelming either so I will limit each group to 10 people (and no one needs to panic, we can have more than one group) So each person would make 10 of each thing they sign up for. (am I making sense?) maggie

thanks piratesmate
Old 01-18-2006, 09:08 AM   #42
bigsis1970
Eating and Drinking our way around the Food & Wine Festival Sept 26 - Oct 4 2014. Loves being Hunny to the Hubs. On the way to losing 1/3 of myself.

I would love to join in if there is space- not new but as an elder!! hee hee .. but i will let newbies sign up first so they can get their feet wet.. Michelle

Our family: Me - Michelle & DH - The Hubs DD -Princess B DS - Buddy Welcome home Hunny 11/26/13

8D/9D for the Food & Wine 9/26-10/4 2014! OMG I went 3 Times in 2012 !!
Trip #1 With DD 4/7-4/14 2012!! Trip #2 With Work 4/29 - 5/2 2012!! Trip #3 Just Me and the Hubs! Hubs 1st Trip 5/2 -5/7 2012 !!
Homeowners = Aug 18, 2011
R.I.P ( Race In Peace)Uncle Bub 06/05/2010 /Bandit RIP 4/1/1997 - 10/2/2013 / Copper RIP 2/1/2001 -9/23/2011/XO miss you all
bigsis1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 09:23 AM   #43
piratesmate

Soccerchick - Well, the way swaps were traditionally around here the swap was divided into 2 groups A & B. Each of those had the same elements. People signed up for one in group A. You weren't required to do group B - but if you chose to do both (and 98% seemed to do both) then you chose a different element but had to do the same theme.

Then too many people were missing out on the swaps so they started doing a whole new group of A & B - calling them things like Creativity, Innovation, Vision...stuff like that. Each of those had group A & B as well. Of course there were always people who signed up for Creativity & then looked at the themes in Innovation and decided they wanted those items as well...so they'd sign up for both. (Yes, I was one of the crazies! LOL)

So for my first swap I chose Princess squares in group A - then decided I was missing out on some really neat stuff in group B so I signed up for Princess borders. My stuff went together. I used the same cardstock for everything. For the squares I did heat embossing of princess stamps I'd gotten in a tub at Mikes: Cinderella, glass slipper, Snow White, mirror. For the borders, I used the same embossing powder to accent the computer font I used and for the star/pixie dust stamp from the same tub. Those were the things that were the same - there were other aspects to the borders as well.

I like when things work together - less I have to do when I finally scrap those pages but am intimidated by the whole page kit thing. It's hard enough to come up with a creative idea for a swap for a couple items. I put more into those elements than the things I do just for myself. If we don't do kits, you come up with an idea & just "copy" it to make the others. With kits, you have to come up with creative ideas that go together for ALL those elements.

So what I'm saying is there are good & bad aspects to both ways of doing it. Neither is better - just different...depending on your working style. And I'm good with whatever the group decides.
Old 01-18-2006, 09:25 AM   #44
piratesmate

Oops - ignore that rambling! LOL I took too long writing it out & I see that Maggie has already made it all a moot point.
Old 01-18-2006, 09:37 AM   #45
soccerchick
Dis Veteran
My husband has rice duty

Quote:
Originally Posted by piratesmate
Oops - ignore that rambling! LOL I took too long writing it out & I see that Maggie has already made it all a moot point.

That's okay-- I appreciate the help. I always looked at the posts when you swappers would display your products, but never paid attention to the rules and procedures.

Thanks
soccerchick is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: