Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-11-2006, 07:39 PM   #1
Glynis
Taking applications for a WDW tour guide!

First timer: need help

I am a lurker on this thread who has drooled on her keyboard reading all your descriptions of the food. Now, however, I am coming out of the woodwork! DH is taking me to WDW for the 2007 half marathon, and then 4 quickie days in the parks to celebrate my 40th birthday! I'm so excited I can hardly stand it!

I have some ideas of where I want to eat, but I do have some questions:

1. Does anyone have opinions on Flame Tree BBQ, or Tusker House?
2. Can anyone tell me anything about the Village Haus? Is it a TS? Is the food worth going?
3. If Village Haus is not a good idea, can anyone recommend a nice place (not a buffet or character meal) in the MK?
4. Is Wolfgang Puck Express a TS restaurant?

Also, (no flames, please) I recently had gastric bypass. By the time we go, I will be over a year out from the surgery, so my restrictive eating will be much lessened. However, I need to know if it will be frowned upon if DH and I occasionally share an entree? I don't plan on doing any buffets, simply because I HATE using the medical card the dr. gave me, and I don't eat enough to make paying for a buffet worth it.

DH and I are going without kids, so seeing a character meal is not really top priority. We just want some nice places to eat (CS or TS) that won't break the kid's college funds.

Thanks in advance!

2014 Reading Challenge Goal: 70 books

The Art of Racing in the Rain ~ The House of Hades ~ How To Be Like Walt ~ Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows ~ The Seven Mouths of God ~ Behind the Beautiful Forevers ~ The Mysterious Affair at Styles ~ The Big 5-Oh ~ A Year in the Life of William Shakespeare ~ Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children ~ Wait Till Next Year ~ While We Were Watching Downton Abbey ~ Great Expectations ~ The Maze Runner ~ The Fault In Our Stars ~ The Juliet Club ~ The Girls' Guide to Love and Supper Clubs ~ The Power of One ~ The Supremes at Earl's All-You-Can-Eat ~ Hollow City ~ The Fountainhead ~ Cat's Cradle ~ Speaking From Among The Bones ~ Death Comes to Pemberley ~ Quilt or Innocence ~ The Chocolate Thief ~ On Strike for Christmas ~ Bikini Season ~ Mrs. Lincoln's Dressmaker ~ Miss Dreamsville and the Collier County Women's Literary Society ~ Cinnamon Roll Murder ~ Red Velvet Cupcake Murder ~ Blackberry Pie Murder ~ Home To Holly Springs ~ In The Company of Others ~ The Devil in the White City ~ Gathering Blue ~ Messenger ~ The Bell Jar ~ The Boys in the Boat ~ The Dead in Their Vaulted Arches ~ Son ~ Beach Colors ~ Welcome to Last Chance ~ Last Chance Beauty Queen ~ Last Chance Knit and Stitch ~ The World According to Garp ~ The Bean Trees ~ I'll Be Seeing You ~ The Hours ~ Prodigal Summer ~ The Ocean at the End of the Lane ~ The Light Between Oceans
Glynis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 07:55 PM   #2
beth_cam
DIS Veteran

As far as at the magic kingdom for a table service...Would it be out of the question to go over to Contemporary or Grand Floridian? I know you can walk to contemporary but you can also boat/monorail to both of them I think.

I havent done anything in the park really except crystal palace. But we really did like the Concourse Steakhouse. And there is another NICE restraunt at the contemporary. Grand Floridian Cafe is supposed to be good too.

beth_cam is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-11-2006, 08:23 PM   #3
zachnlucy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glynis
1. Does anyone have opinions on Flame Tree BBQ, or Tusker House?
2. Can anyone tell me anything about the Village Haus? Is it a TS? Is the food worth going?
3. If Village Haus is not a good idea, can anyone recommend a nice place (not a buffet or character meal) in the MK?
4. Is Wolfgang Puck Express a TS restaurant?

Also, (no flames, please) I recently had gastric bypass. By the time we go, I will be over a year out from the surgery, so my restrictive eating will be much lessened. However, I need to know if it will be frowned upon if DH and I occasionally share an entree? I don't plan on doing any buffets, simply because I HATE using the medical card the dr. gave me, and I don't eat enough to make paying for a buffet worth it.
Will you be on the dining plan? Wolfgang Puck Cafe is TS, Wolfgang Puck Express is CS.

For the MK, if you're interested in traveling to the Contemporary, I second Concourse Steakhouse, or 'Ohana if you want to go to the Poly. I think Bethcam is talking about the California Grill in the Contemporary, which is 2 TS credits. We're going there in April.

Here's a link to the restaurant menus in AK:
http://allearsnet.com/tp/ak/ak_rest.htm

I think we're gonna try Tusker House because of the varied men selections, but I've read that Flame Tree is also good.
Old 01-11-2006, 10:10 PM   #4
Glynis

Quote:
Originally Posted by beth_cam
As far as at the magic kingdom for a table service...Would it be out of the question to go over to Contemporary or Grand Floridian? I know you can walk to contemporary but you can also boat/monorail to both of them I think.

I havent done anything in the park really except crystal palace. But we really did like the Concourse Steakhouse. And there is another NICE restraunt at the contemporary. Grand Floridian Cafe is supposed to be good too.
I'm sure that anything is an option at this point. We've never been to WDW, so don't know all the in's and out's of transportation. We are used to DL, where the longest walk is from DL to the hotel (5 minutes). I'll check out Concourse Steakhouse. DH loves steak.

The Art of Racing in the Rain ~ The House of Hades ~ How To Be Like Walt ~ Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows ~ The Seven Mouths of God ~ Behind the Beautiful Forevers ~ The Mysterious Affair at Styles ~ The Big 5-Oh ~ A Year in the Life of William Shakespeare ~ Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children ~ Wait Till Next Year ~ While We Were Watching Downton Abbey ~ Great Expectations ~ The Maze Runner ~ The Fault In Our Stars ~ The Juliet Club ~ The Girls' Guide to Love and Supper Clubs ~ The Power of One ~ The Supremes at Earl's All-You-Can-Eat ~ Hollow City ~ The Fountainhead ~ Cat's Cradle ~ Speaking From Among The Bones ~ Death Comes to Pemberley ~ Quilt or Innocence ~ The Chocolate Thief ~ On Strike for Christmas ~ Bikini Season ~ Mrs. Lincoln's Dressmaker ~ Miss Dreamsville and the Collier County Women's Literary Society ~ Cinnamon Roll Murder ~ Red Velvet Cupcake Murder ~ Blackberry Pie Murder ~ Home To Holly Springs ~ In The Company of Others ~ The Devil in the White City ~ Gathering Blue ~ Messenger ~ The Bell Jar ~ The Boys in the Boat ~ The Dead in Their Vaulted Arches ~ Son ~ Beach Colors ~ Welcome to Last Chance ~ Last Chance Beauty Queen ~ Last Chance Knit and Stitch ~ The World According to Garp ~ The Bean Trees ~ I'll Be Seeing You ~ The Hours ~ Prodigal Summer ~ The Ocean at the End of the Lane ~ The Light Between Oceans
Old 01-11-2006, 10:11 PM   #5
Glynis

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachnlucy
Will you be on the dining plan? Wolfgang Puck Cafe is TS, Wolfgang Puck Express is CS.

For the MK, if you're interested in traveling to the Contemporary, I second Concourse Steakhouse, or 'Ohana if you want to go to the Poly. I think Bethcam is talking about the California Grill in the Contemporary, which is 2 TS credits. We're going there in April.

Here's a link to the restaurant menus in AK:
http://allearsnet.com/tp/ak/ak_rest.htm

I think we're gonna try Tusker House because of the varied men selections, but I've read that Flame Tree is also good.
I don't know if we'll be on the dining plan. I'm not sure it would be a good idea since I've had GB. Would it be worth it, since I can only eat about 1/4 cup of food per meal?

The menus for both Tusker House and Flame Tree sound really good.

Old 01-16-2006, 10:36 AM   #6
beansmom
Your dream eludes you? Don't you know that a dream is a wish your heart makes??

I am struggling with the same question right now...DP or not DP? DBF eats a normal meal and I'm not sure he'd want to share everything with me....but two meals is waaaay too much altho by now I can eat a very small normal meal in a sitting. I guess I could take a to-go box sometimes.

I'm leaning toward DP tho...he says we're on vacation and we're gonna live it up. He's awesome.

I sent you a PM...would love to know how things are going for you.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: