DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-16-2011, 01:56 PM   #76
carlbarry
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna114 View Post
Can anyone tell me if you need to make a reservation? I've looked around but can't seem to find out definitively. I have a 7:20 reservation at the Rose and Crown that night so the timing is perfect.
I've never been, but in my extensive research on the subject LOL I've never seen it mentioned that a reservation is required. It's a walk-in.

carlbarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 02:18 PM   #77
twinklebug
Dreaming in Mickey Vision
Too bad I wasn't 20, oh, I mean 3 years younger

Location: Left my heart in WDW, if found please leave at WL frontdesk

Quote:
Can anyone tell me if you need to make a reservation? I've looked around but can't seem to find out definitively. I have a 7:20 reservation at the Rose and Crown that night so the timing is perfect.
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlbarry View Post
I've never been, but in my extensive research on the subject LOL I've never seen it mentioned that a reservation is required. It's a walk-in.
No reservations: it's a walk-in / walk-out deal. All they ask is to see your membership card and ask who's with you so the riffraff can be kept out
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-16-2011, 04:06 PM   #78
Suellen
DIS Veteran

I'm surprised by the limited dates! Last year we were able to attend the week AFTER Christmas last year and since hubby will be with us this year we were hoping to attend.
Old 11-16-2011, 05:13 PM   #79
RaySharpton
DIS Veteran

Quote:
No, just bring your DVC ID card.

RaySharpton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 06:21 PM   #80
d-r
l|ll|||ll||ll||

this will be the first year in a long time that we aren't going to go get an ornament and a snowman or stocking rice crispy treat. It seemed like a drag last year it was sooo big at the contemporary.
Old 11-16-2011, 06:30 PM   #81
ilovecoasters
DIS Veteran

I received an email from member services yesterday with the MM information. We were also very surprised with the Tuesday dates and that you have to enter the park to go. We have PAP's, so that part isn't a problem. 3:00 on a Tuesday is DH commented that by requiring park admission, it may also cut down on people bringing guests to the mixer. I wish they'd just send the ornament to all members as a yearly thank you.
Old 11-17-2011, 11:22 AM   #82
Anna114
Pluto Rocks!

Thank you everyone for the response. I have been at the venue before for a Disney Mom's panel dessert party. I'm lucky in that we have AP's, for now, but it is too bad that they make Park entry necessary.
5/1988 POLY (Honeymoon) 2/1998 Offsite 5/2002 Caribbean Beach 5/2006 Wilderness Lodge 12/2007 POP 8/2009 Port Orleans Riverside 5/2010 POLY CL (Anniversary) 10/2010 SSR 1/2011 OKW 8/2011 FW Cabins & VWL 12/2011 SSR 5/2012 VWL 9/2012 VWL 8/2013 VWL 25th Ann. w/my boys 5/2014 AKV 12/2014 VWL 5/2009 DVC Owners Villas at Wilderness lodge!

Anna114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 07:00 AM   #83
tgropp
DIS Veteran

Is this the first year that the MM is held on a Tuesday? I have tickets for MVMCP on the 6'th so I dont really want to waste a days admission ticket to go to Epcot for a few hours. Oh Well. No ornament for me this year.
Feb 2012: DCL Mexican Riviera Cruise Dec 2011: VWL/BCV
Christmas 2010: VWL
Nov 2009: BC Villas Dec 2008: VWL/AKV/ Dolphin
Dec 2007: BWV/VWL Feb 2007: Dolphin/DCL Eastern cruise/OKW/VWL
Christmas/New Years 2005: WL/Dolphin
Dec 2002: AKL/WL
Christmas/New years 2000: BC/WL Christmas/New Years 1998: WL/BC
Christmas 1996:WL Junior Suite Christmas 1994: WL
Dec 1992:CBR Dec1989, April 1983, Jan 1980: OffSite
tgropp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 07:24 AM   #84
VrBchJ
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgropp View Post
Is this the first year that the MM is held on a Tuesday? I have tickets for MVMCP on the 6'th so I dont really want to waste a days admission ticket to go to Epcot for a few hours. Oh Well. No ornament for me this year.
This is the first time in my recollection that it's been on Tues. It was on Thurs. for many years. And then it was on Fri. a couple of times. Last year it went back to Thurs. but in a function room at the CR. It was such a big venue that there was very little "mixing" at the Merry Mixer.
VrBchJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 09:21 PM   #85
Disney Yooper
Formerly UP Disney

Location: Michigan's Beautiful Upper Peninsula (3 days a week), Lansing (4 days a week), and Saratoga Springs

It's on the official dvcmember website now. I almost missed it because it isn't listed in order. It's underneath and outside the Latest News box on the home page. http://dvc.disney.go.com/dvc/member/...ixerDetailPage

Disney Yooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 05:51 AM   #86
n2mm
aka WALTSGIRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovecoasters View Post
I received an email from member services yesterday with the MM information. We were also very surprised with the Tuesday dates and that you have to enter the park to go. We have PAP's, so that part isn't a problem. 3:00 on a Tuesday is DH commented that by requiring park admission, it may also cut down on people bringing guests to the mixer. I wish they'd just send the ornament to all members as a yearly thank you.

n2mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 05:56 AM   #87
n2mm
aka WALTSGIRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjkraz View Post
I haven't been to a Mixer in 7 years because they don't hold them in February, May, June, July or October. And they aren't held at Disneyland which we visit every summer.

If it fits into plans, go and enjoy. But DVC cannot accommodate every member's schedule.

Having been to one at the cold, outdoor International Gateway location, I'd say moving it indoors is a step in the right direction. Tried the Contemporary last year and that didn't go over well so they're looking at other sites. Better than just sticking with the same 'ole, same 'ole IMO.
Now that is funny! I always say the same thing. I go Jan/April/May/Aug/Oct, but because I don't go in December -- my choice -- I don't get a DVC ornament....I think they should just mail them to everyone and skip the MM and save the money! Sounds like a cheaper option.

n2mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 06:59 AM   #88
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people
Wants to dine with Kansas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Yooper View Post
It's on the official dvcmember website now. I almost missed it because it isn't listed in order. It's underneath and outside the Latest News box on the home page. http://dvc.disney.go.com/dvc/member/...ixerDetailPage
Finally! (wonder what took them so long when Tim gave us this information awhile back. )

RachelTori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 08:54 AM   #89
twinklebug
Dreaming in Mickey Vision
Too bad I wasn't 20, oh, I mean 3 years younger

Location: Left my heart in WDW, if found please leave at WL frontdesk

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgropp View Post

Quote:
Thank you everyone for the response. I have been at the venue before for a Disney Mom's panel dessert party. I'm lucky in that we have AP's, for now, but it is too bad that they make Park entry necessary.

Although I won't be able to attend as we arrive too late, I'm not sure I'd want to now that I'm reading/thinking about all the people who won't be able to. This leaves a bad taste in my mouth thinking about Disney rewarding those who are fortunate enough to be able to afford the pass and ignoring those left outside the gate who are DVC members but for one reason or another, maybe they're having a rough year, cannot attend due to no admission (before the argument is made, yes I know anyone is fortunate to just be able to make it down for the holidays, I'm focused on DVC purposefully eliminating potential attendees.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Yooper View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelTori View Post
Finally! (wonder what took them so long when Tim gave us this information awhile back. )
I'm betting it's more about getting the resource to update the website and reviewing/rolling the change than it is about making that decision.

Last edited by twinklebug; 11-19-2011 at 11:45 AM.
twinklebug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 04:41 PM   #90
carlbarry
DIS Veteran

One other reason I'm annoyed is that they are having this on an Extra Magic Hour (morning) day at Epcot. I keep reading how an EMH day is a day to avoid. I was going to go to Epcot on a low-attendance day, but now, if I want to go to the Mixer, I have to go on a busy day!

carlbarry is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: