Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-28-2011, 01:37 PM   #1
neville04
Mouseketeer

discount tickets

has anyone ever booked disney tickets with reserveorlando.com ? ... What did you think... and the tickets were ok? you just never know now days when getting tickets online

past trips: dec 11' -POFQ, Mar 10' offsite, Dec 01' - all stars movies
neville04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 01:45 PM   #2
Cheshire Figment
Friend of Figment

I checked a list on the Cast Portal of "Authorized Off-Site Disney Ticket Sales Locations". This is a list of all companies in the Orlando area which are authorized to sell tickets or vouchers for tickets and lists about 90 names. I cannot publish the list as it clearly states it is not for public release.

That name does show up on the list.

Now Working Part Time at Walt Disney World! Currently at Everything Pop Merchandise after nine years in Guest Services/Ticket Sales.

A few very helpful links which are on DisBoards:
Everything About WDW Tickets and this one disABILITIES FAQs
Cheshire Figment is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-28-2011, 01:48 PM   #3
neville04
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheshire Figment View Post
I checked a list on the Cast Portal of "Authorized Off-Site Disney Ticket Sales Locations". This is a list of all companies in the Orlando area which are authorized to sell tickets or vouchers for tickets and lists about 90 names. I cannot publish the list as it clearly states it is not for public release.

what do you mean cast portal?

Old 06-28-2011, 01:50 PM   #4
siskaren
DIS Veteran

Undercovertourist.com is a site that a lot of people on this board use (I never have because I always get packages) and I've never heard a bad word about them.
siskaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 01:56 PM   #5
butterfly71076
DIS Veteran

This is the first year I did not book a package through Disney, we rented points. Got our tickets at Undercover Tourist, cheaper than Disney by almost $150! I was a bit worried about the shipping time as they said allow 22 business days for delivery, but we got our tickets in about a week.
butterfly71076 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 01:57 PM   #6
vicki_c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by neville04 View Post
what do you mean cast portal?
Cheshire Figment is a Cast Member - he is referring to Disney's internal cast member website.
June 1978 - Poly / Nov 1996 - Yacht Club / Jan 2001 - Poly / Jan/Feb 2004 - Wilderness Lodge / 2004-2006: Animal Kingdom Lodge, Nick Hotel, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside, HI Sunspree, Buena Vista Suites, Caribe Royale / Jan 2008 - Poly / June 2008 - Saratoga Springs and Villas @ Wilderness Lodge / Nov 2008 -Boardwalk Villas / Dec 2008 - WL, Beach Club Villas and Beach Club / June 2009 - POFQ and Poly / Jan 2010 - AKV, 4 night DCL & BCV / Nov 2010 - POFQ / April 2011 - SSR / Nov 2011 Swan / Jan 2012 - BC/ April 2012 OKW / April 2014 AoA & AKV
vicki_c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 02:34 PM   #7
neville04
Mouseketeer

Just want to make sure hes a legit. cast member its a lot of money to be shelling out for tickets,but they are a couple hundred cheaper than the undercover tourist for our entire party

Old 06-28-2011, 03:06 PM   #8
vicki_c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Just want to make sure hes a legit. cast member its a lot of money to be shelling out for tickets,but they are a couple hundred cheaper than the undercover tourist for our entire party
Wow - I'd be seriously careful of anything that is saving you "a couple hundred" more than UT unless you have a HUGE party of people. Sounds very questionable to me, even if they do show up on Disney's authorized ticket reseller list.
June 1978 - Poly / Nov 1996 - Yacht Club / Jan 2001 - Poly / Jan/Feb 2004 - Wilderness Lodge / 2004-2006: Animal Kingdom Lodge, Nick Hotel, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside, HI Sunspree, Buena Vista Suites, Caribe Royale / Jan 2008 - Poly / June 2008 - Saratoga Springs and Villas @ Wilderness Lodge / Nov 2008 -Boardwalk Villas / Dec 2008 - WL, Beach Club Villas and Beach Club / June 2009 - POFQ and Poly / Jan 2010 - AKV, 4 night DCL & BCV / Nov 2010 - POFQ / April 2011 - SSR / Nov 2011 Swan / Jan 2012 - BC/ April 2012 OKW / April 2014 AoA & AKV
vicki_c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 03:33 PM   #9
rock_doctor
DIS Veteran

Quote:
has anyone ever booked disney tickets with reserveorlando.com ? ... What did you think... and the tickets were ok? you just never know now days when getting tickets online
The shown price does not contain tax but for a 10 day non hopper no expire they are $20 cheaper then UnderTourist mouse savers price. So i would go for it and hope for the best. I chose the print a voucher option if you ask for a real ticket to be sent the price may be more. Good luck. Let us know how you make out. IMHO Disney ticket prices are pushing the limit of outrageousness.... Thank goodness i have my next 10 years of tickets already....
rock_doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 01:23 PM   #10
siskaren
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rock_doctor View Post
The shown price does not contain tax but for a 10 day non hopper no expire they are $20 cheaper then UnderTourist mouse savers price. So i would go for it and hope for the best.
I certainly wouldn't "go for it and hope for the best" when Cheshire Figment said that it's not on the list of authorized off-site Disney ticket sales locations.
Old 06-29-2011, 01:26 PM   #11
mmtska
I dreamed of a wish and it came true!

Location: 15 minutes from Disney, but my home will always be in Pittsburgh!

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by siskaren View Post
I certainly wouldn't "go for it and hope for the best" when Cheshire Figment said that it's not on the list of authorized off-site Disney ticket sales locations.
Actually he said that it IS on the list.

No trips planned for now....just the odd day at the parks whenever I want
Feeling hot, hot, HOT 7/11 PTR
The Attack of the Lime green Mickey Heads
mmtska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 01:30 PM   #12
CookieDiva
I can't imagine plucking each one of those suckers.
Has a method to her dishwasher madness
I think that I don't like prime numbers above 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by siskaren View Post
I think that you may have misread Cheshire Figment's post (bolding mine).
Quote:
I checked a list on the Cast Portal of "Authorized Off-Site Disney Ticket Sales Locations". This is a list of all companies in the Orlando area which are authorized to sell tickets or vouchers for tickets...That name does show up on the list.
Sorry mmtksa posted before I did...
Old 06-29-2011, 02:05 PM   #13
siskaren
DIS Veteran

Oops, you're right, I did misread it. Still, I'm much more familiar with Undercover Tourist (because it's very highly recommended by people on both this board and another one I'm on) and $20 is actually only about a 4% savings over UT's price on a 10-day no park hopper with no expiration.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: