Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-15-2011, 06:49 PM   #1
Plumeria9
DIS Veteran

Exclamation D23 Membership discount w/ Disney Visa

I just received my Disney Rewards Winter 2011 brochure. In the back is a mention for a 15% discount for D23 membership when you use your Disney Visa Card to pay. Visit Disney.com/D23 and click on "Join D23". Promo code at checkout is D23DisneyVisa. Offer Valid Nov. 1, 2011 - Jan. 31, 2012. Not valid on renewals.

Question: Who has a membership, and what is the benefit of the Gold vs. the Silver membership? I am thinking of buying membership for my DH who has recently really become obsessed w/ Mickey Mouse watches! I see that the gift w/ membership is a D23 Mickey Mouse watch. That is awesome, but it comes w/ either membership. We don't get to the parks very often, hopefully every other year, so any park perks or D23 convention doesn't really matter since we probably won't be going. The quarterly magazine sure sounds nice but I don't know if it's worth $35 for four of them, or are they? It just seems like it would be a great holiday gift solution for my DH since he is difficult to find gifts for. TIA!
POR 6/2014 • DLR 1/13 • CBR 1/2011 • Off-Site WDW 3/09 • Good Neighbor hotel @ DLR 1/09 • Poly 1/07• Honeymoon @ CBR 4/92 • Native Disneylander "Take what you can get, and give nothing back!""If you can't say somethin' nice, don't say nothin' at all" - Thumper
Plumeria9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 08:49 PM   #2
Good Morning Dewdrop
DIS Veteran

I'm thinking about getting this for dh too so I"m looking forward to the replies!

We do get down to WDW regularly - I know in the past they've done events mostly at DL I'm hoping that they are going to continue to have events in FL!

Previous Magical Adventures:
  • AP #3 September 2013 - AS Music; November 2013 - AS Music; January 2014 - AS Music; May 2014 SWW AS Music
    AP #2 January 2013 - AS Music: October 2012 - AS Music; September 2012 - AoA - LM opening day!; April 2012 - AS Sports; January/February 2012 - AS Music
  • AP #1 September 2011 - AS Music; May 2011 - AS Music - D23 Scavenger Hunt - Team "Pixie Dust"!!; February 2011 - AS Music; December 2010 - POFQ; September 2010 - AS Music
  • September 2009 - AS Music & CBR
  • January 2009 - AS Music
  • January 2008 - POP
  • January 2007 - AS Movies
Good Morning Dewdrop is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-16-2011, 12:28 PM   #3
LuJoy
Earning My Ears

D23 Membership

Plumeria, thanks for posting this -- I haven't received my Disney Visa bill yet, so I hadn't heard about this! The basic difference between the Gold and Silver memberships is the magazine. If you only want to go to special events, then get the silver membership. If you want the magazine delivered directly to you along with a gift four times a year, get the Gold. To me, it's COMPLETELY worth it. I laugh when Disney fans say it's too expensive but go out and spend $150 on T-shirts and souvenirs every time they go to the park! This works out to about six bucks a month, and for the magazine alone, if you ask me, it's TOTALLY worth it. With a 15% discount, that would be $63 for the year, and that's the cost of the magazine if you went out to the bookstore and bought it ....think of it this way, you're saving on gas and time AND you get a free gift four times a year (five if you include when you become a member)!
LuJoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 12:58 PM   #4
Plumeria9
DIS Veteran

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuJoy View Post
Plumeria, thanks for posting this -- I haven't received my Disney Visa bill yet, so I hadn't heard about this! The basic difference between the Gold and Silver memberships is the magazine. If you only want to go to special events, then get the silver membership. If you want the magazine delivered directly to you along with a gift four times a year, get the Gold. To me, it's COMPLETELY worth it. I laugh when Disney fans say it's too expensive but go out and spend $150 on T-shirts and souvenirs every time they go to the park! This works out to about six bucks a month, and for the magazine alone, if you ask me, it's TOTALLY worth it. With a 15% discount, that would be $63 for the year, and that's the cost of the magazine if you went out to the bookstore and bought it ....think of it this way, you're saving on gas and time AND you get a free gift four times a year (five if you include when you become a member)!
LuJoy, Thanks for your input! After reading your post I am convinced that I will go ahead and get DH the gold membership. He doesn't need stuff, he likes novelties like this though.
POR 6/2014 • DLR 1/13 • CBR 1/2011 • Off-Site WDW 3/09 • Good Neighbor hotel @ DLR 1/09 • Poly 1/07• Honeymoon @ CBR 4/92 • Native Disneylander "Take what you can get, and give nothing back!""If you can't say somethin' nice, don't say nothin' at all" - Thumper
Plumeria9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 02:59 PM   #5
YayDisney!
I See Hidden Mickey's

I'm so glad I found this thread! I was considering joining this club for my family this year for Christmas. My question is, can I have the membership in my daughter's name (she's 12), or is there an age limit? If she can be the recipient, would I still be able to use her membership card to purchase the D23 merchandise online and at the parks? I just thought it would be nice for the certificate to be in her name. We would all benefit from the magazine and special purchase items.

Thanks so much for your input!!
July 1978: childhood day trip with family; 1989: BGSU Spring Break - MK & Epcot day trips; November 2002: Old Key West; September 2004: All Star Movies; September/October 2005: POP Century; September/October 2006: POP Century; December 2007: Port Orleans Riverside; June 2008: Orlando World Center Marriott & Windsor Hills (Story Time); November 2008: POP Century; January 2009: Caribbean Beach Resort; May/June 2009: POP Century & Omni Resort; September/October 2009: Port Orleans Riverside; November 2010: Caribbean Beach Resort; June 2011: Wyndham Bonnet Creek; August 2011: Wyndham Bonnet Creek

YayDisney! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 05:13 PM   #6
Tinkerbell58
DIS Veteran

15% is good only for new memberships; not for renewals.
Tinkerbell58 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: