DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-13-2013, 11:23 AM   #1
halfmonkey
Mouseketeer

Aulani DVC Villas vs. hotel rooms

I'm confused about something and I'm hoping someone here can help me clarify something.

When I visit Aulani's website, there's mention of the DVC Villas and the hotel rooms. Are the DVC Villas only accessible to the people that have bought the Disney time share or can a regular person book either the hotel rooms or the Villas at Aulani?
halfmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 11:45 AM   #2
mom2aidanNpiper
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by halfmonkey
I'm confused about something and I'm hoping someone here can help me clarify something.

When I visit Aulani's website, there's mention of the DVC Villas and the hotel rooms. Are the DVC Villas only accessible to the people that have bought the Disney time share or can a regular person book either the hotel rooms or the Villas at Aulani?
You can book either, however paying cash for the villas are pretty.expensive. if that is something you are interested in, renting points from a member directly or through an agency is a much better value for your money

For instance I paid $400 a nt for rack rate for a standard room for a last minute stay (and noticed that the one bedroom villa was nearly $900). But I paid $500 a NT for the one bedroom villa through renting points. Much better deal!

DL: 1985, 1988, 1994, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2012 (x2),2013 (x2) WDW: 2010 DCL: 2010, 2011, 2012 Aulani : 2013, 2014
mom2aidanNpiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 04:40 PM   #3
Fuhnuh
Mouseketeer

We are not DVC owners, but we have stayed at Aulani three times, twice doing a split between regular hotel rooms and DVC villas. Each time we booked directly with Disney. Our first three trips, our one bedroom villa was in the $500 range (about the same or a little less than a standard hotel room). This year it's in the $800-900 range for our two trips. I don't know if this is a trend or I just got lucky on the other trips, but I suggest you just price them out by doing a search and pressing the Aulani Villas button on the top right to compare prices. As long as the rooms show up during the internet search, they should be available for non-DVC owner's to book at the rates listed.
Fuhnuh is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: