DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Member Services
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-03-2013, 09:52 AM   #1
marymaya
Mouseketeer

booking timeline

I am interested in renting points ......(edited to remove specific info).......... I'm so confused at when to try to book it. How likely is it that we'll get a place ...............? I would like to book as soon as possible, from the financial aspect...just want to make sure all is paid for overall. I keep reading about 7 month and 11 month marks. I was told to wait until April to start looking but that seems to long to wait. I want to book now. Can someone please explain this in simple terms for me? I'm new to this and on a budget.
Thanks.

BTW I can't post threads in the DVC forum so I am turing to you all for advice.

Last edited by CarolMN; 02-03-2013 at 10:40 AM. Reason: remove rental detail
marymaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 10:49 AM   #2
CarolMN
DVC Co-Moderator

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by marymaya View Post
I am interested in renting points ......(edited to remove specific info).......... I'm so confused at when to try to book it. How likely is it that we'll get a place at ...............? I would like to book as soon as possible, from the financial aspect...just want to make sure all is paid for overall. I keep reading about 7 month and 11 month marks. I was told to wait until ...... to start looking but that seems to long to wait. I want to book now. Can someone please explain this in simple terms for me? I'm new to this and on a budget.
Thanks.

BTW I can't post threads in the DVC forum so I am turning to you all for advice.
Daddio (www.dvcrequest.com) has a good guideline for when to rent, depending on what you want and when you want to go.

How Soon Should I Reserve

If you reserve before the 7 month window opens, you will need to find an owner of the resort you prefer. Any owner can reserve for you if you wait until the 7 month window opens.

You are welcome to post general questions here on the DIS DVC Forums. We do not allow specific requests anywhere except as a reply to a thread on the Rent/Trade Board.

Be very careful about dealing with anyone who initiates a contact with you via PM as a result of this post. There have been some issues with rentals arranged in this manner (bypassing the Rent/Trade Board).

Good luck!

BWV - Early Morning on May 2, 2008
CarolMN is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-03-2013, 12:34 PM   #3
marymaya
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the tips. Great advice.
Old 02-03-2013, 05:08 PM   #4
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

If you are looking at any holiday times, you really need to be booking that stay now. It's already past Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year's for the 11 month booking time. If you wait too late, you'll wind up with nothing.

If you have never gone to WDW before, why not just reserve a hotel room for cash through Disney Reservation Center for your first stay? It will make it a lot easier. You'll be able to cancel or rebook easily going that way. With a reservation through a DVC member, not so easy. Most members don't have any cancellation policy. Meaning, if you have to cancel, you lose whatever you have already paid them. Unless they are willing to work with you to try to rerent the reservation.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: