Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-30-2011, 11:56 AM   #1
2012DisneyWorldBride
I was a Disney Bride on 12.8.12
I put ketchup on my ketchup

Epcot Dessert Party Questions

We just recently added a dessert party for the night of our wedding. The places I really wanted to have it (UK Lower, and France) were already booked, the only places available were Norway and Morocco, so after looking at some pics I realized Morocco isn't that bad. So were booked for Morocco! But I'm looking for an actual list of menus for an Epcot Dessert Party. I really wanted the ice cream sundae buffet but I think we might need to add a few other desserts like cheesecake and stuff. How easy is it to customize and add things? We are not doing a bar, and trying to keep around $1600 including the transportation we are required to have. Besides the motorcoach, what are my options for that... We will have 20 people max.
Thanks!!!!

Michelle & Jeff's 12/8/12 Disney Wishes Wedding WP/GF/DP Morocco - Planning Journal and Trip Report!!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2850449
Our Wedding / Honeymoon Trip - 8 Day Deluxe Dining Plan Review With Pictures!!! Didn't finish...
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3037533
Michelle - Jeff (DH) - Chanel (Maltese Puppy)
Disney Trips: AP - for as long as I can remember - AKL 8/2011, GF 12/2012 & AKL 12/2012, CBR 9/2013 & GF 12/2013, CBR 8/2014 & GF 12/2014

Last edited by 2012DisneyWorldBride; 12-30-2011 at 11:57 AM. Reason: Spelling
2012DisneyWorldBride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 12:54 PM   #2
lurkyloo
The Attic was just perfect
OK, apparently I've been living under a rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012DisneyWorldBride View Post
We just recently added a dessert party for the night of our wedding. The places I really wanted to have it (UK Lower, and France) were already booked, the only places available were Norway and Morocco, so after looking at some pics I realized Morocco isn't that bad. So were booked for Morocco!
Good choice! Norway is tiny, and the overhanging trees obscure the higher fireworks.

Quote:
How easy is it to customize and add things?
Very. You can have pretty much any dessert you can think of, you just have to wait for your planner to get a price quote from the chef. Links to the standard Epcot menus are floating around this board somewhere, but I can also email you a PDF if you PM me.

Quote:
Besides the motorcoach, what are my options for that... We will have 20 people max.
Thanks!!!!
With 20 people you could do a minibus for $288.75 one-way, $336 round-trip (up to 2 stops in each direction), or $91.35/hour chartered (with a 5-hour minimum). But, depending on your exact guest count, it'd probably be cheaper to get a few 8-person luxury vans at $40 one-way or $50/hour charter (3-hour minimum).
lurkyloo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-30-2011, 10:14 PM   #3
kharmagirl
Mouseketeer

We did the make your own sundae bar. Everyone loved it. The quoted menu came with cookies, brownies, fruit I believe, and something else. My MIL wanted key lime tarts instead of something else. It was a ton of food and more than enough. We kept encouraging people to go back but I have to say the ice cream and fruit was eaten more than anything else.
kharmagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 09:51 PM   #4
minniebride
DIS Veteran

We just had our DP in French Lower Terrace a few weeks ago. There was another DP going on at the Morocco site and we thought it was a nice location. We had the Marceline menu, but we modified it quite a bit. We had these AMAZING "marshmallow squares" on our menu that were just out of this world-squares with marshmallow, peanut butter, tiny m&m's, macadamia nuts-WOW! I would highly recommend them to anyone planning a DP menu!
minniebride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 05:42 PM   #5
amyy
I do pat them out on a floured surface
I always think I may find paper /stickers etc

We had a dessert party with about the same number of guests as you had and everyone loved the location. For our 5 year anniversary the only thing we really want to do is another dessert party in Morocco

They let you customize thing up until the last few weeks as that is when I did the majority of my final decisions. I know it isn't the best way but it all worked out.

Happy planning!
amyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 01:32 PM   #6
tinkandonaldfans
DIS Veteran

We loved our morocco location and didn't have any issues we had a menu for $32 pp and it included
Ice Cream Station with a selection of toppings and sauces. We had flavours of chocolate and Strawberry
Chocolate covered strawberries
Chocolate and peanut butter marshmallow squares
Assorted mini cheesecakes
Chocolate fudge brownies
Oreo bon bons-
Assorted cupcakes

Our Disney Wedding Planning Journal
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2346010
tinkandonaldfans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 05:48 PM   #7
geek+nerd
DIS Veteran

We also loved our dessert party at Morocco. My MIL kept saying she felt like a celebrity

Our meal included the following:

assorted cookies
s'mores
chocolate peanut butter marshmallow squares (TO DIE FOR )
chocolate covered Mickey Mouse krispy treats
black and white chocolate covered pretzels (choc covered pretzels drizzled with white chocolate)
fruit
coffee (the cast member working with us, Matt, made me and DH an awesome caramel iced coffee)
water
fruit punch
tea

We definitely want to do another one in the future, either for an anniversary or as a family celebration.

1987 Off-property; 2008 Off-property; June 2011 DFTW!!! POR & Off-property; December 2011 POP; June 2012 POP; June 2013 POP; December 2013 AoA
geek+nerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 08:44 PM   #8
Ash8716
Disney Maniac

We had our at France but started as a dessert party and then we turned it into a welcome dinner. It is really easy to customize your menus. Just speak with your planner about the things you would like and she will go to catering and get a quote for you! By the way the mini cheesecakes are amazing Everybody loved the tiramsu(or however you spell it) as well. I didn't try it though! The ice cream buffet sounds like so much fun.
Old 01-12-2012, 04:35 PM   #9
geek+nerd
DIS Veteran

I knew I forgot something! We had the mini cheesecakes as well

1987 Off-property; 2008 Off-property; June 2011 DFTW!!! POR & Off-property; December 2011 POP; June 2012 POP; June 2013 POP; December 2013 AoA
geek+nerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 05:58 PM   #10
2012DisneyWorldBride
I was a Disney Bride on 12.8.12
I put ketchup on my ketchup

Thank u!

Thank you all so much for your answers... They made me feel more at ease about Morocco and I'm glad to know about customizing our menu.

Thanks!!!

Michelle & Jeff's 12/8/12 Disney Wishes Wedding WP/GF/DP Morocco - Planning Journal and Trip Report!!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2850449
Our Wedding / Honeymoon Trip - 8 Day Deluxe Dining Plan Review With Pictures!!! Didn't finish...
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3037533
Michelle - Jeff (DH) - Chanel (Maltese Puppy)
Disney Trips: AP - for as long as I can remember - AKL 8/2011, GF 12/2012 & AKL 12/2012, CBR 9/2013 & GF 12/2013, CBR 8/2014 & GF 12/2014
2012DisneyWorldBride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 11:38 AM   #11
mickeymommy3
Gimme More Disney!!! Can't Get enough of the Mouse!!!

Quote:
Thank you all so much for your answers... They made me feel more at ease about Morocco and I'm glad to know about customizing our menu.

Thanks!!!
We are in the planning stages of our June 2013 Wedding and EPCOT Dessert Party, and we totally customized our menu. I think we have things off of each menu, plus a few "special" requests that were not on any of them menus. We wanted to add some special tradition treats that we have every trip, like the Mickey Mouse ice cream bars, Mickey rice krispy treats, and Conefetti Flavored popcorn from Main Street !!! Our way of sharing some of the reason why we love Disney so much!
Old 01-13-2012, 02:31 PM   #12
FutureMrsF
Mouseketeer

Wow your menu sounds amazing and perfect mousketeer bars and confetti popcorn. What a great idea I love it
How did you find out the different choices and prices I'm finding it really hard at this early stage we are planning for May 2013
Andrea
X
FutureMrsF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 05:18 PM   #13
mickeymommy3
Gimme More Disney!!! Can't Get enough of the Mouse!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureMrsF View Post
Wow your menu sounds amazing and perfect mousketeer bars and confetti popcorn. What a great idea I love it
How did you find out the different choices and prices I'm finding it really hard at this early stage we are planning for May 2013
Andrea
X
There was no list of other options, after going through all the menus, I sent our planner a list of requests. She checked availibility and got the price for me. Whats nice is most of them can be BOC ( bill on consumption) so I am not left paying for lots of un-eaten popcorn, or ice cream bars.
Old 01-13-2012, 05:26 PM   #14
minniebride
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by geek+nerd View Post
chocolate peanut butter marshmallow squares (TO DIE FOR )
Weren't those amazing??? I wish you could buy those in the parks!!
minniebride is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: