Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-06-2011, 01:45 PM   #1
punkin413
feel the magic, dang it!

Viewing Illuminations from La Hacienda de San Angel

Hello! Since I haven't been to Disney World since this restaurant was built/opened, I can't imagine how the setup is. I've seen pictures but it's never the same as seeing it with your own eyes. I've been told the views of Illuminations are great. But I have a question. Can you only see Illuminations from a window table? Is there outside seating or is that only for the CS restaurant next door? I have an 8:15 ADR and am hoping to be able to see Illuminations (showing at 9:00) from the table. Just wondering how difficult this is going to be to accomplish. Thanks!
punkin413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 01:57 PM   #2
katieam1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkin413 View Post
Hello! Since I haven't been to Disney World since this restaurant was built/opened, I can't imagine how the setup is. I've seen pictures but it's never the same as seeing it with your own eyes. I've been told the views of Illuminations are great. But I have a question. Can you only see Illuminations from a window table? Is there outside seating or is that only for the CS restaurant next door? I have an 8:15 ADR and am hoping to be able to see Illuminations (showing at 9:00) from the table. Just wondering how difficult this is going to be to accomplish. Thanks!
There is no outside seating it is glass windows all along the wall facing out. I have been against the window as well as at a table in the back and was able to watch from both locations with no problem. It is a wonderful experience to sit and have a great meal and enjoy the show. It was an excellent place to watch the show. Highly recommend. hope that helps.
My family: DH (Dan 35), Me (Katie 30), dd (Shelby 7), & dd(Madilynne 6) Baby #3 due 8/2/14

katieam1 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-06-2011, 02:14 PM   #3
catne
DIS Veteran

We went during a very slow week in November, but this place is popular for the chance to see Illum. However, just an FYI: totally different experience is possible there...about 1/3 of the seats are in a side room with NO view at all (and there are "window seats" in there, too...but the view looks at the walk-way going towards China...no view of the lagoon at all, so no Illuminations view.) We checked in at 7:40 and requested a window table...we were thrilled when they said "sure, no problem"...then we were seated at the window in the side room . Whoop tee doo, what a thrill. We expressed our dismay at this table: the hostess said it could take an hour or more to get a table in the other room...basically they'd put us on the bottom of the walk-up list--IF they were still taking walk-ups, which she wasn't sure about. When seated at 7:45 the hostess told us they basically seat the last tables in the main room at about 7:30 and those people all tend to stay until Illuminations is over. We've seen Illum. many times so we kept that table . The food & service was good.

Anyway, when Illum. starts, they dim the lights in La Hacienda (to the point you cannot see your plate to eat, even in the room with no view) If you're seated in the side room, you are allowed to get up and stand in the back of the other room where you have a so-so view (you're at the back of the room)

At 8:15, I'd say you have very little chance of getting a table with any view.
January (twice) & February 2014 SSR December 2013 POFQ October 2013 Off-site, September 2013,POFQ March 2013 AoA Feb 2013 POFQ Feb 2013 POFQ Jan 2013 Caribbean Beach Nov 2012 POFQ Sept 2012 BC May 2012 POFQ Mar 2012 POFQ Feb 2012 POFQ JAN 2012 AKL Oct 2011 Wilderness Lodge Sep 2011 POFQ Feb 2011 Pop Century Jan 2011 Pop CenturyNov 2010 CSR Sept 2010 Boardwalk May 2010 POFQ Jan 2010 BCV 2009 Sept & 2009 May POFQ 2009 Jan Contempo 2008 Sept Pop 2008 May POFQ 2007 May Poly 2000 May FW Cabin 1992 May off site 1990 May off site
catne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 02:48 PM   #4
punkin413
feel the magic, dang it!

Thanks for the info - just rebooked it for 7:15!
punkin413 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: