Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-08-2012, 09:57 PM   #1
tikster1
Earning My Ears

Dolphin

This is my first post so forgive me if I'm doing it wrong. After several stays at GF and the Poly DH and I decided to try the Dolphin for the F&W this year. We love the location. Just don't know that much about the hotel itself. Does anyone have any feedback from the Dolphin? (good or bad)

Thanks!!
tikster1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 10:12 PM   #2
BuzzLiteyear
To infinity and beyond....or just drop me off at the Contemporary Resort!

Location: 978.19 miles just East of due North of CR (1161 by roads)

We stayed there for a couple of nights a few years back. We liked the hotel and loved being able to walk to DHS and EPCOT. We also took the boats too.
BuzzLiteyear is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-08-2012, 10:21 PM   #3
tikster1
Earning My Ears

Quick question (if you remember)...Did you get there early? We're airline ppl and we always have to take the first flight out to try to get on a plane. Is the Dolphin like the other resorts that will hold your bags for you if your room is not ready? If all goes as planned we will be there by around 9 or 10 am.
tikster1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 06:31 AM   #4
roydavid7771
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tikster1 View Post
Quick question (if you remember)...Did you get there early? We're airline ppl and we always have to take the first flight out to try to get on a plane. Is the Dolphin like the other resorts that will hold your bags for you if your room is not ready? If all goes as planned we will be there by around 9 or 10 am.
They sure will. They usually call us when our room is ready so we head to EPCOT as soon as we can. When you finally get into your room, just call bell services and they'll bring them up for you.

2014: Coronado Springs (WDW Marathon Weekend)
2013: Port Orleans Riverside (WDW Marathon Weekend), Animal Kingdom Lodge, Villas at Wilderness Lodge, Beach Club Villas (Nephew's 1st Visit)
2012: Boardwalk Villas (Our 1st DVC Stay!)
2011: Beach Club, Swan (Honeymoon!)
2010: Pop Century, Wilderness Lodge
2009: Swan
1989: Marriott Orlando World Center
1980: Offsite
1978: Offsite
roydavid7771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 06:36 AM   #5
Couchy
DIS Veteran

Dolphin is great. Somepeople don't like the resort fee they add on but it is still a great deal for the location and they give you two bottles of water a day and 60 minutes of local calling.

We always arrive in the a.m . Once I was given my room at 8:30 am , other times they just held my bags for me until it was ready

4 trips as a kid.2002-Westgate, 2004 -Hilton DTD, 2005 -Westgate, 2007 -Royal Sun DTD, 2008 Hilton DTD, April 2011 -Swan, Dec 2011-Dolphin/ Yacht Club , Feb 2012 -Solo@Swan , April 2012-Dolphin with our friends, june/july 2012 - Beach Club
Couchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 08:53 AM   #6
Bubblygal
Earning My Ears

Great info thank you
Bubblygal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 10:55 AM   #7
olive
Mouseketeer

We have also stayed at Polynesian and GF, and our last trip was a Poly-Dolphin split. We are doing a Poly-Swan split this January (or maybe will switch back to Dolphin). We got to the hotel relatively early around last Memorial Day. They checked our bags and we went on to the pool. It was not an issue. We had an Epcot fireworks view room, which we loved. We didn't do much eating on site, but really enjoyed walking to DHS and Epcot, and walking around the BW. Hope you enjoy your first Dolphin stay!
olive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 11:51 AM   #8
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

You will love the Dolphin. I have stayed there on several occasions when I wasn't able to book BWV!! I love the area..so easy to get to both Epcot and DHS. The one thing you have to keep in mind is that you can't use DME..you have to use the Mears shuttle, rent a car, or use a car service. And, you can't charge purchases back to your room if you are off Dolphin property. But you can have purchases sent to the front of the park and then you can grab it on your way out.
You can't add the dining plan at the Dolphin either...but that's not a big deal. The do have their own dining plan there, but I think it's fairly expensive.
The pool is terrific..one of my favorites. I love eating at Picabu...bottom level of the Dolphin. Great food there.
The park buses will also stop at the BW as well as the Swan and the Dolphin. And sometimes, YC/BC are also incuded, but not all the time.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: