Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-03-2013, 03:12 PM   #1
Paigesmom2013
Mouseketeer

Strollers on WDW railroad?

I saw on this site that folded strollers can go on the railroad, but not disney strollers due to size. Does anybody know what that means for personal double strollers? We have a Baby Trend Sit and Stand.
Paigesmom2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 03:24 PM   #2
figment_jii
DIS Veteran

The stroller has to be able to fold up and fit within the bench spacing. The Disney strollers do not fold down; they are one solid piece of plastic. As long as your stroller folds up into a reasonably compact size, you should be fine.
figment_jii is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-03-2013, 03:25 PM   #3
Robo
Attention: There's a '71 Castle in the Hub with its lights on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paigesmom2013 View Post
I saw on this site that folded strollers can go on the railroad, but not disney strollers due to size. Does anybody know what that means for personal double strollers? We have a Baby Trend Sit and Stand.
Folded strollers, yes.

Disney strollers, no.

It's not the SIZE that's the problem.
It's that the strollers can't have kids riding in them, and they
can't roil while on board.

Disney strollers don't fold.

Robo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 03:26 PM   #4
kmb584
DIS Veteran

A folded Sit 'n Stand will be fine. The problem with Disney's strollers is that they don't fold but rather are just one big piece of plastic.

Me (30) DD (5)
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible." - Walt Disney
kmb584 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 04:26 PM   #5
pumpernickel
Mouseketeer

Double strollers will not fit.
pumpernickel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 04:39 PM   #6
sleepymama
Earning My Ears

We have taken our double stroller on lots of times. It fit fine folded up.
Old 07-03-2013, 05:04 PM   #7
musicluvr40
Earning My Ears

This past week we were at the MK with my extended family. My sister and her family used a sit and stand stroller that folded up. We went to board the train by Splash Mountain. My BIL had the stroller folded up, and the CM working on the platform informed him that he could not take it on the train and that he would need to walk to our next stop and meet us there. So we took the train and he took the stroller and met us in Fantasyland.

We were told that only umbrella strollers could go on the train.
All Star Movies March, 2004
Pop Century October, 2007
Coronado Springs Resort October, 2009
Caribbean Beach Resort October, 2010 (Surprise Trip for our girls)
Sea World/Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure/Busch Gardens/Treasure Island Fall Break 2011 - Stayed at Residence Inn SeaWorld and Sunset Vistas Treasure Island
2013 - Big family trip! POR June 19-22, Formosa Springs Villa (offsite) June 22-29, Sunset Vistas Treasure Island June 29-July 2
musicluvr40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 05:40 PM   #8
Robo
Attention: There's a '71 Castle in the Hub with its lights on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicluvr40 View Post
This past week we were at the MK with my extended family. My sister and her family used a sit and stand stroller that folded up. We went to board the train by Splash Mountain. My BIL had the stroller folded up, and the CM working on the platform informed him that he could not take it on the train and that he would need to walk to our next stop and meet us there. So we took the train and he took the stroller and met us in Fantasyland.

We were told that only umbrella strollers could go on the train.
Another overzealous CM creating her/his set of rules.

Robo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 06:23 PM   #9
ttintagel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo View Post
Another overzealous CM creating her/his set of rules.
I'm wondering if they have to change the policy to make more room on the train if it's particularly crowded.
ttintagel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 08:12 PM   #10
buzznina
DIS Veteran

Location: The White Sugar Beaches of the Florida Panhandle, Destin area. 7 hours away from the Magic Place.

We were there in March and we have a sit-n-stand and have always taken it on the train. The stroller takes up one seat, just stands folded between DW and myself. The front end of each car usually has a double wide area, where one row is facing towards the back. I have seen many people with double wides sit there.

DW DH DD(9) DD(4)

AKL-SV(2), POLY, GF(CL), CR, POFQ(3), POR(6)(RGR(2)), CSR(10), CBR, FW CABINS, BW, POP(3), ASMU(2), ASSP, ASMO and DLH
buzznina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 08:35 PM   #11
kirby428
Mousejunkie Wannabe

One seat can be too many

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzznina View Post
We were there in March and we have a sit-n-stand and have always taken it on the train. The stroller takes up one seat, just stands folded between DW and myself. The front end of each car usually has a double wide area, where one row is facing towards the back. I have seen many people with double wides sit there.
A stroller taking up just one seat can be one seat too many if the depot is packed with people who paid for their ticket to ride whereas a stroller did not. Hooray if the CM votes not to give my seat to a stroller. I never said I was nice. Rarely am if my feet hurt and a stroller wheels do not. And a stroller can't ever enjoy waving to those brave CM standing in that Native American village 24/7 rain or shine.

kirby428 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 12:12 AM   #12
mikedoyleblogger
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirby428 View Post
A stroller taking up just one seat can be one seat too many if the depot is packed with people who paid for their ticket to ride whereas a stroller did not. Hooray if the CM votes not to give my seat to a stroller. I never said I was nice. Rarely am if my feet hurt and a stroller wheels do not. And a stroller can't ever enjoy waving to those brave CM standing in that Native American village 24/7 rain or shine.
The stroller wheels may not hurt, but I'm sure the feet attached to the mom or dad pushing the stroller probably do. And they paid--for themselves and their child(ren)--to be in the park just like you did, didn't they?
WDW 1973 Poly | WDW Jul 1977 offsite | DLR Jul 1988 offsite | DLP Apr 2000 offsite | DLR Apr 2002 PPH | DLR Sep 2002 HoJo | DLR Dec 2002 HoJo (HolidayTime!) | DLR Apr 2003 HoJo | DLR Dec 2005 HoJo | DLR Mar 2013 HoJo | WDW May 2013 Pop | DLR Oct 2013 HoJo (HalloweenTime!) | DLR Aug 2014 GCH | DLR Sep 2014 DLH for the first time! (HalloweenTime!) | DLR Dec 2014 TBD (HolidayTime!) | Moving to L.A. 2015!
mikedoyleblogger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 12:20 AM   #13
corneredbycorn
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikedoyleblogger View Post

The stroller wheels may not hurt, but I'm sure the feet attached to the mom or dad pushing the stroller probably do. And they paid--for themselves and their child(ren)--to be in the park just like you did, didn't they?
This is kind of what I was thinking...

corneredbycorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 12:53 AM   #14
smidgy
dimples

we are empty nesters who often go to WDW, just the 2 of us. believe me, I am not a fan of strollers. but I realize they are a reality.
the thing with the railroad is this: it's not just a "ride"; it's a mode of transportation. so of course people need to bring their strollers with them.
we have often taken the railroad from the begining of the park to frontierland. if one person in the party has to "meet you there" what's the point? (unless you are just doing a full circle. ie, using the train as a ride ony).
yes, a stoller takes space. on the train. on the monorail. on the bus. on the boats.
what's next? at epcot..mom and kids get on the boat at showcase plaza, going over to Morocco.. and dad has to walk around and meet them there? cause there's a line?
smidgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 04:50 AM   #15
DISHoppy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirby428 View Post
Wow. Talk about intolerance and a lack of compassion. Perhaps I'll use that as my excuse the next time I'm on a bus after the park closes and a lady, child or a parent holding a worn out child needs a seat. 'Sorry, my feet hurt.' I ALWAYS give up my seat, and I would gladly wait for the next train in 5 minutes for a family to ride the train together.

-Kevin
May 1998 - WDW offsite
Oct 2007 - WDW offsite (DDs first visit)
Dec 2008 - WDW @ POR
Mar 2009 - WDW @ POP
Feb/Mar 2010 - WDW @ SSR (home)
Dec 2010 - WDW @ SSR
Dec 2011 - DCL Disney Dream
Dec 2011 - WDW @ SSR
Jun 2012 - DLR @ DLH
Nov 2013 DCL cruise Dream booked
Nov 2013 WDW @ SSR booked
DISHoppy is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: