Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-10-2010, 10:30 PM   #1
yeahdisney
DIS Veteran

ticket ?"s changing prior child ticket to now adult -long post

For my DD now 11, I have 2 sets of non expiring hopper tickets from when she was in the age 3-9 cat. DD used all the park tickets, left on 1 set is 3 visits to the extras including disney quest, on the other ticket 9 water park tickets exist. She also has an adult ticket which I have no questions about.

On our last trip, I did not want to hold still long enough, to change her child tickets into adult ticket, WE DID NOT USE THEM during that trip for anything, we only used her adult ticket. This time we have GAD tickets which I think I might change into 7 day expiring tickets, since I will already be at the window I was going to change her other tickets. I will have all four family member's identical tickets from our prior trips, DO I need to bring all the receipts from the prior purchases? I do have them, I leave them in the room safe in case I lose a ticket.

One other question. I bought DS a 7 day expiring non hopper ticket last trip to beat the price increase with my disney reward points. We had extra points left and with credit cards really changing their rewards and charges, I wanted to use-not lose those rewards. Anyway we did not use it. We park hopped so we of course used his other ticket. This trip DS will be 9, I need to use one day of that ticket and then next year change it to an adult ticket correct? (Hopefully this trip we might have enough rewards to pay for the increase non expiring). If I don't use any of that ticket, when he turns 10 I would have to pay for the change, correct? Thank you. D
yeahdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 10:39 PM   #2
PatMcDuck
DIS Veteran

Years ago, I went to guest relations with partially used child tickets for WDW. The kids were older, 10 and 12, so I asked about converting them to adult tickets. The cast member told ME, not to worry about it, and to just use them..... and this was before the tickets were tied to individuals by fingerscan.

Your question is more complicated of course, and the policy may have changed.
PatMcDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-10-2010, 11:28 PM   #3
Alesia
DIS Veteran

Unless she looks significantly older than she is, you can just use the tickets as is.

Alesia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 12:05 AM   #4
SandrA9810
DIS Veteran

many people will tell you, they have no issues at all going to the window. I don't even think you need to go through the hassle of bringing every one else's tickets and receipt and all that other fun stuff.

Although give or take 5 minutes and cheshire figment will be along with a post to tell you to read the Everything about WDW tickets... with link in the sig.
SandrA9810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 12:48 AM   #5
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

From the "sticky" thread about tickets (on the Theme Parks board):

Quote:
Disney does not penalize children for growing older. If you have a partially used child's ticket, and the child is now 10 or older, you may exchange the child's ticket for an adult ticket with the same remaining entitlements and no charge.

The child for which this is being done must be present at the ticket window when this is being done. The age difference must be reasonable! For example, if the child appears to still be a pre-teen, and the ticket is two or more years old they should be no problem. However, if the child appears to be 16 and the ticket is only a year old this will not be done.

This applies whether the ticket is MYW or pre-MYW.

However, if the ticket has never been used, the ticket may only be upgraded to a ticket with at least the same entitlements and the guest must pay the difference.

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: