Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Planning Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-13-2012, 10:24 AM   #16
2Tiggies
I am subscribing to this thread just so I can see your shirt
I like those water proof containers that hang around my neck on a lanyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercod View Post

Now to sort out what we are doing for the 1st part of the trip, fun ;-)
Dieting to make way for the DxDDP?
2Tiggies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 11:01 AM   #17
wayneg
VMK AceCaptainWayne
I can't get my mouth to say healthy things

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercod View Post
Cheers for all the feedback, it's been very helpful.

One thing that's disappointing is that "tips" are not included in the DDP any more, it was when we 1st had it in 2005 (was really autopilot dinning then). So will be looking at 20% per meal so that's soon going to mount up. However you need to pay the tip anyway no matter if you do it on the plan or outside the plan.
You are correct if you are going to eat onsite anyway then the tips will be same (as a party of 6 the add 18% on this summer for us) but if you would eat offsite without DDP then cost of food (and drink) is less meaning tips a lot less.
I was amazed this year how the prices had risen in Disney, it hit home when we dined at Sanaa, paying for 1 starter, a bread selection and tips cost almost as much as paying OOP for our whole meal & tips at Logans Roadhouse.
  • 2005(Oct) Disney Magic + BW Lakeside, 2005 (Xmas) BW Lakeside, 2006(Aug) Courtyard By Marriott LBV + 1st RCCL cruise,
  • 2006(Oct) Disneyland, Cailfornia Howard Johnson, 2006(Xmas)Comfort Inn LBV,2007(Easter)Fairfield Inn, Marriott Village
  • 2007(Aug)Courtyard By Marriott LBV, 2007(Oct) Disneyland CA, HoJo/Vegas, Flamingo,2008(Easter) Windsor Hills, Disney Wonder, Fairfield Inn
  • 2008(Aug)Country Inn, 2nd RCCL, AKL, 2008(Oct)& 2008(Xmas)Fairfield Inn, 2009(May)Country Inn 2009(Aug)OKW, Disney Magic, Regal Sun
  • 2010(Easter) Hampton Inn LBV 2010(Aug) Royal Pacific & OKW 2011(Feb)H.I. Express LBV 2011(Aug)OKW, Disney Dream, HI DTD
  • 2011(Oct) Fairfield Inn 2012(Aug) Fairfield Inn, OKW 2012(Nov) Fairfield Inn 2013(Apr) Fairfield Inn LBV 2013(Aug) Swan & ESA LBV 2013(Oct) ESA LBV
  • 2014(Jul) Hilton Garden Inn LBV 2014(Sept) Disney Magic 14nt WBTA, Wyndham Bonnet Creek
wayneg is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-13-2012, 11:27 AM   #18
2Tiggies

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayneg View Post
You are correct if you are going to eat onsite anyway then the tips will be same (as a party of 6 the add 18% on this summer for us) but if you would eat offsite without DDP then cost of food (and drink) is less meaning tips a lot less.
I was amazed this year how the prices had risen in Disney, it hit home when we dined at Sanaa, paying for 1 starter, a bread selection and tips cost almost as much as paying OOP for our whole meal & tips at Logans Roadhouse.
Wayne, even CS only this year, I noticed how the prices had increased. I never paid attention to them while there that much but every year I complete an excel spreadsheet from my credit-counter and receipts and the average per day was up significantly this year from 11 months before. It's the 'small' stuff too, like beverages and sides where they just add on an extra 40c or something small - yet you buy 60 of those over a trip and other similar items and it adds up quickly!
Old 11-13-2012, 11:39 AM   #19
wayneg
VMK AceCaptainWayne
I can't get my mouth to say healthy things

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Tiggies View Post
Wayne, even CS only this year, I noticed how the prices had increased. I never paid attention to them while there that much but every year I complete an excel spreadsheet from my credit-counter and receipts and the average per day was up significantly this year from 11 months before. It's the 'small' stuff too, like beverages and sides where they just add on an extra 40c or something small - yet you buy 60 of those over a trip and other similar items and it adds up quickly!
It isn't just the food, the merchandise has risen a lot in the past few months, we are replacing all our pic frames this year with these as we get 20% off with PAP. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Disney-Mic...item3f0c7c933a
They have gone up 15%-20% between our August to Nov trips, wished we had bought them all in August.
  • 2005(Oct) Disney Magic + BW Lakeside, 2005 (Xmas) BW Lakeside, 2006(Aug) Courtyard By Marriott LBV + 1st RCCL cruise,
  • 2006(Oct) Disneyland, Cailfornia Howard Johnson, 2006(Xmas)Comfort Inn LBV,2007(Easter)Fairfield Inn, Marriott Village
  • 2007(Aug)Courtyard By Marriott LBV, 2007(Oct) Disneyland CA, HoJo/Vegas, Flamingo,2008(Easter) Windsor Hills, Disney Wonder, Fairfield Inn
  • 2008(Aug)Country Inn, 2nd RCCL, AKL, 2008(Oct)& 2008(Xmas)Fairfield Inn, 2009(May)Country Inn 2009(Aug)OKW, Disney Magic, Regal Sun
  • 2010(Easter) Hampton Inn LBV 2010(Aug) Royal Pacific & OKW 2011(Feb)H.I. Express LBV 2011(Aug)OKW, Disney Dream, HI DTD
  • 2011(Oct) Fairfield Inn 2012(Aug) Fairfield Inn, OKW 2012(Nov) Fairfield Inn 2013(Apr) Fairfield Inn LBV 2013(Aug) Swan & ESA LBV 2013(Oct) ESA LBV
  • 2014(Jul) Hilton Garden Inn LBV 2014(Sept) Disney Magic 14nt WBTA, Wyndham Bonnet Creek
wayneg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 11:56 AM   #20
2Tiggies

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayneg View Post
It isn't just the food, the merchandise has risen a lot in the past few months, we are replacing all our pic frames this year with these as we get 20% off with PAP. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Disney-Mic...item3f0c7c933a
They have gone up 15%-20% between our August to Nov trips, wished we had bought them all in August.
Perhaps I was a little hasty to suggest that DD was burning through her spending money this trip then. She took a very substantial amount to spend which she had saved hard for over the last year so I was shocked when she asked for an advance on her allowance 2 weeks into the trip. To be honest, I ddn't really pay much attention to prices as I focused more on taking photos and other aspects this year and just gave the shopping and spending a complete miss. I will have to keep that in mind for our next trip and budget accordingly!
Old 11-13-2012, 12:35 PM   #21
Portugal1000
DIS Veteran

Last year at SSR for 3 weeks we paid for an extra ticket and said 4 people in the room which meant we got 21 more credits per day. We then used all these extra credits to go to the signature restaurants and the CS for breakfast. It was alot cheaper than paying for the deluxe plan. Plus we only wanted it to go to signatures, we would never have been able to eat all the starters. However we spent a fortune in tips! When I got home I called Disney and said I had a ticket I hadn't used but it expired at end of 2011. They actually re-issued it for me at no cost and sent me a 2012 ticket which I used this year.
This year we gave up on SSR (even though we love it) and stayed off site at Wyndhams Bonnet Creek which we love just as much. Just can't justify the cost anymore as gone up so much. We loved the offsite restaurants but still went back to our favourite on site but I just didn't order the $44 steaks!
Dec 08 - All Star Sports, Wyndham Bonnet Creek, Hilton Grand Vacations Sea World, 21 Nights
August 09 - Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa, 17 Nights
Nov 09 - Wyndham Bonnet Creek, 15 Nights
Dec 10 - Quality Suites,Wyndham Bonnet Creek, Homewood Suites, 18 Nights
August 2011 - Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa, 19 Nights
July 2012 - Wyndham Bonnet Creek, 21 Nights - Hard Rock Hotel, 1 Night
July 2013 - Wyndham Bonnet Creek, 22 Nights - Universal Royal Pacific Hotel, 1 Night
August 2014 - Tradewinds Resort, 4 Nights - Universal Royal Pacific, 1 Night - Wyndham Bonnet Creek 18 Nights
Portugal1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 07:23 PM   #22
K8T
DIS Veteran

We haven't long come back and had the DDP for 7 nights, 3 nights we were off site.

We didn't use 7 of our snacks, so I got sweets and Mickey Lollys to take home and we didn't use 5 counter service meals, but there was nothing we could do about those, we were going to offer to buy someone lunch one day, but then didn't do it!!!

Breakfast was included with our room, so to be honest, after breakfast we didn't really need much more to eat during the day, a coffee, or a soft drink and would have a CS meal to share as they were soooo huge! We ate around 5 or 6 in the evening and didn't have a problem booking restaurants the day before if we did this, even in popular places.

We did however upgrade dd to an adult on the plan, as the kids menus are terrible, Mac. Cheese, burgers and pizza - everyday!!! dd loved being able to choose steak and fish dishes, it only cost us £27 to upgrade her, well worth it.

We practically stayed on site for the full 7 days, but when we moved up to International Drive and stayed at Universal, we realised just how expensive it is to eat at Disney, we were getting huge breakfasts and had several large evening meals at various places for around $60 for all of us, including drinks and we weren't skimping either! in Disney we would have been paying double that.
[SIZE="1"][I]1996 P&O Canberra - 1998 NCL Norweigan Dream - 1999 Celebrity Century - 2000 RCCL Grandeur of The Seas - 2001 P&O Oriana - 2002 P&O Arcadia - 2003 P&O Aurora - 2003 P&O Oceana (& Adonia) launch weekend - 2006 P&O Oceana - 2006 Celebrity Galaxy - 2007 P&O Oriana - 2008 Disney Wonder (Jan) - 2008 P&O Ventura (May) - 2009 P&O Aurora - 2009 P&O Oceana - June 2010 Disney Magic Med. - August 2010 Disney Magic Med. - July 2011 Disney Magic Med. - July 2012 DLP NBay - Oct 2012 WDW BC - July 2013 Disney Magic - July 2014 Venice to Rome booked
K8T is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: