DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-26-2010, 10:15 PM   #1
postesf
Keep Pushing

Bus route through Old Key West

Does anyone know the bus route through Old Key West? I'm thinking HH is last pick up and first drop off, but wondering about the others...

Thanks!

OKW 2005 OKW 2006 POP 2008 POFQ 2008 SSR 2008
Check out Stacie's Weight Loss / 1/2 Marathon Journal
postesf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 10:53 PM   #2
dianeschlicht
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention
DIS Earth Angel :)
I promise not to plot against the showering
today I can only think of bubbles :o

COming into the resort and then exiting---
Peninsular Road
South Point
Old Turtle Pond Road
Miller's Road
Hospitality House

They do NOT stop at HH twice...just last before exiting the resort. The internal bus does stop at HH twice though. If you are staying near HH, you can use Peninsular Road for getting off early when returning, and you will be very close
Register to remove

Old 07-26-2010, 10:55 PM   #3
castleri
DIS Veteran

For park buses the route is Peninsular, South Point, Turtle Pond, Miller's Road, HH. both coming and going . The DTD / intenal bus is HH as first and last stop with the others in the same order as above in the middle.
Old 07-26-2010, 10:58 PM   #4
dianeschlicht

LOL! Echo, echo, echo...
Old 07-27-2010, 07:08 AM   #5
castleri
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianeschlicht View Post
LOL! Echo, echo, echo...
Must have been typing at the same time---
Old 07-27-2010, 07:39 AM   #6
dianeschlicht

Quote:
Originally Posted by castleri View Post
Must have been typing at the same time---
LOL! Yep!!!
Old 07-27-2010, 07:06 PM   #7
SusanWasHere
I'm on the left
Jimmy Kimmel wears a thong (just sayin')

After being shown a 2 BR unit by a nice cast member, my family members and I are DYING to stay at OKW! My mom uses an ECV so it's always a concern to load that - preferably on a close to empty bus. (much easier to park - I'm the designated parker lol) So in making a request, would it be better to actually load at HH assuming that maybe the bus will empty out with that being the last stop? I hate to inconvenience anyone, so trying to find the easiest way to do this. Or even if staying at HH area, would it be better to go to Peninsular Road and load there? Or would the bus still be crowded at that stop? I know it's probably more the luck of the draw, but maybe someone has some experience with an ECV at OKW. Thank you! Can't wait to stay there!
'93-POFQ, '96-Offsite, '00-Caribe Royale, '05-Paradise Orlando, '06-BCV, '07-BCV, '07-CSR, '08-Pop, '08-Pop, '09-AKV, '09-BCV,'09 - BWV, '10-POFQ, '10-ASMu/Sp,'10-VWL/BCV,'10-VWL,'11-Grand Californian, '11-ASMo, '11-VWL/BCV, '11-ASSp, '11-OKW, '11-Pop, '12-ASMu, '12-ASMo, '12-BWV, '13-Pop/SSR, '13-VWL/BCV
SusanWasHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 07:40 PM   #8
Chuck S
DVC Boards Co-Moderator

DISboards Moderator

We usually stay in the Old Turtle Pond or South Point areas, and have only rarely encountered any problems loading with Mom's wheelchair. My best advice would be to simply try to avoid peak bus times, like don't try to get to the parks right at opening, and maybe avoid the EMH morning parks.

DVC Member at OKW since 1992
Chuck S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 09:48 PM   #9
postesf
Keep Pushing

Thanks so much!!!

OKW 2005 OKW 2006 POP 2008 POFQ 2008 SSR 2008
Check out Stacie's Weight Loss / 1/2 Marathon Journal
postesf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 07:37 AM   #10
dianeschlicht

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusanWasHere View Post
After being shown a 2 BR unit by a nice cast member, my family members and I are DYING to stay at OKW! My mom uses an ECV so it's always a concern to load that - preferably on a close to empty bus. (much easier to park - I'm the designated parker lol) So in making a request, would it be better to actually load at HH assuming that maybe the bus will empty out with that being the last stop? I hate to inconvenience anyone, so trying to find the easiest way to do this. Or even if staying at HH area, would it be better to go to Peninsular Road and load there? Or would the bus still be crowded at that stop? I know it's probably more the luck of the draw, but maybe someone has some experience with an ECV at OKW. Thank you! Can't wait to stay there!
As long as you go a little early or a little later than the bulk of the crowds, it wont matter so much. The last stop is usually the most difficult, but the bus drivers will make room for you. We preferred South Point when we had an ECV, because there was rarely anyne on the bus when it came there. I suspect that is because most HH people get on at the HH stop so they aren't on the bus as long. That means the bus is often empty by the time it gets to South Point.
Old 02-27-2011, 05:26 PM   #11
wrighter
DIS Veteran

Is there a map that shows where the buses turn around?
April 2014 Animal Kingdom Villas-----October 2014 Boardwalk Villas-----April 2015 Family Reunion at Saratoga Springs
wrighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 05:35 PM   #12
WebmasterDoc
Administrator

DISboards Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrighter View Post
Is there a map that shows where the buses turn around?
The Peninsular Road stop has no turn-around. At South Point, the bus makes it's turn thru the parking area in front of buildings 51/52 before stopping at the Bus Stop. For the Old Turtle Pond stop, the bus turns around using the rotary near Buildings 36/40/44. At Millers Road, the bus makes it's turn thru the parking area for Building 20 after stopping at the Bus Stop. At Hospitality House, the bus makes it's stop in front of the resort and then completes the turn thru the driveway.

Here is a map of OKW.
Old 02-28-2011, 01:17 PM   #13
wrighter
DIS Veteran

Thanks, WebmasterDoc. I do believe it is your detailed layout of the OKW buildings I am looking at as I try to determine our building requests. You are a wealth of information and I am grateful! :-)

It's surprising - my hope is for a top floor, 1 bd, with a water-or-golf-course-view, and off the bus route. I'm realizing it might be a lot to ask for! But it never hurts to try, right? :-)
April 2014 Animal Kingdom Villas-----October 2014 Boardwalk Villas-----April 2015 Family Reunion at Saratoga Springs
wrighter is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: