Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-17-2012, 06:42 PM   #16
Imzadi
I can shoot a gun, but I'm scared to open a can of biscuits
Point Free Zone
I'm the only one getting lumpy hummus
Like Pakey's

Location: NYC - "They may take our lives, but they'll never take our FREEDOM!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by zurgswife View Post
I guess my experience was memory foam was less then positive so that's why I was asking about feather bed.

Also, feather bed might be easier to store over a memory foam topper. It's not like I could leave the topper on the sofa bed.

Laying the sofa mattress on the floor is not a really good option as this on a concert basement floor.

Thanks for all the thoughts.
Are you sure you had memory foam and not regular foam rubber? Every single person on this thread unanimously said they prefer the memory foam to a feather bed.
There are one billion, billion, planets capable of supporting life, like ours. And in all of that,
and maybe even more, there is only one of each of us. Don't destroy the one named Kirk."
.........~ Dr. Leonard McCoy to Captain James T. Kirk
. . . . . . . Scotty, beam me up! . . . . . .
Balls by Kimmar I've been Grumpy Pirated! Turkeyed by figment52
Bewitched by Evil Genius!
Thanks!
Imzadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 07:01 PM   #17
scdak
DIS Veteran

Another vote for a memory foam mattress topper, I have slept on both and found the feather bed to be too warm, prickly and not comfortable. I sleep on my memory foam 4 inch topper every night and sleep so much better, I can only imagine how much it would help someone sleep on a sofa bed.
POR Jan 2012
POFQ Oct/Nov 2012
WL / POFQ Fall 2014 - maybe sooner
SOONER IT IS - March 30-April 5 - offsite with family

October 2015 - just starting to think about it
scdak is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-17-2012, 07:06 PM   #18
zurgswife
WDW is my Shangrala...and I'm going...life is better!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imzadi View Post
Are you sure you had memory foam and not regular foam rubber? Every single person on this thread unanimously said they prefer the memory foam to a feather bed.
Nope it was

3.0" Visco2 Ventilated Mattress Enhancer
Breathable, open cell Visco2 ventilated memory foam mattress topper

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ls_o06_s00_i00

I was trying to make a extra firm mattress sleepable. I have soft tissue damage from a hip replacement. Unfortunately it didn't help enough to make it worth having my side of the bed 3 inches higher then hubby. Mattress was perfect for him but the worst for me and my condition. I haven't found ANY suitable solution for my bed and my injuries....except I now sleep on the guest bed.

Though I may consider trying it again for the sleeper sofa.

In Honor of Robin Costello I will miss you my dear friend.
zurgswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 07:55 PM   #19
Imzadi
I can shoot a gun, but I'm scared to open a can of biscuits
Point Free Zone
I'm the only one getting lumpy hummus
Like Pakey's

Location: NYC - "They may take our lives, but they'll never take our FREEDOM!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by zurgswife View Post
Nope it was

3.0" Visco2 Ventilated Mattress Enhancer
Breathable, open cell Visco2 ventilated memory foam mattress topper

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ls_o06_s00_i00

I was trying to make a extra firm mattress sleepable. I have soft tissue damage from a hip replacement. Unfortunately it didn't help enough to make it worth having my side of the bed 3 inches higher then hubby. Mattress was perfect for him but the worst for me and my condition. I haven't found ANY suitable solution for my bed and my injuries....except I now sleep on the guest bed.

Though I may consider trying it again for the sleeper sofa.
That mattress pad doesn't state the density of the foam. I said in my last post what the density should be.

You sound determined to try a feather bed. As I recall, you need to get one with quilted pockets, or one that has the feathers enclosed in squares. As I recall, I got one that didn't have them and by morning all the feathers pushed off to the sides, creating a nest all around me and the few feathers left basically matt down under my weight and giving no support. A feather bed sounds good - in theory. Nice & puffy to lay down in. Nice & puffy in the morning - in all the places you aren't laying on. Matted down underneath where you are. You have to re-fluff it every morning.

I have a bad back. It didn't help at all. I used to have to take a scalding hot shower for about 35 minutes every morning just to stand up straight and relax the back muscles out enough. That all changed when I got my memory foam topper.

And yes, it makes a difference which company you buy one from. Some of them are extremely pokey. Quills are the sharp spines on feathers. You know, the things they used to use to write with. You don't want them poking into you.

But, I suppose everyone needs to experience a feather bed at least once. That's probably what keeps them in business. That and the fact that they look so plump & inviting in pictures. I think they are more for people who don't have injuries & problems.
There are one billion, billion, planets capable of supporting life, like ours. And in all of that,
and maybe even more, there is only one of each of us. Don't destroy the one named Kirk."
.........~ Dr. Leonard McCoy to Captain James T. Kirk
. . . . . . . Scotty, beam me up! . . . . . .
Balls by Kimmar I've been Grumpy Pirated! Turkeyed by figment52
Bewitched by Evil Genius!
Thanks!

Last edited by Imzadi; 11-17-2012 at 08:05 PM.
Imzadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 08:20 PM   #20
zurgswife
WDW is my Shangrala...and I'm going...life is better!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imzadi View Post
That mattress pad doesn't state the density of the foam. I said in my last post what the density should be.

You sound determined to try a feather bed.
I guess you didn't read the last line I wrote - I may consider trying it again for the sleep sofa. I definitely am not determined to get a feather bed. I just was stating my experience.

I did see that the density of the one I bought was only 3..which may have been the reason I had issues.

In Honor of Robin Costello I will miss you my dear friend.
zurgswife is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: