Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-13-2012, 02:35 PM   #1
Tinkerbell 99 Mom
Tinkerbell's Mom

Documentation needed for DCL Transfers

Thank in advance for helping with this question.

Is there documentation that is needed for DCL Transfers to port from Disney Resort Hotels? We are staying at the Beach Club Villas prior to our cruise. We booked transfers after we received DCL Cruise Booklet. Will I receive any documents? I know I put the cruise line tags on my luggage and think I remember we put our luggage outside the room fairly early. Just cannot find the DCL transfers on any of my reservations, but I paid for them. I guess I just need to tell the front desk when I check in? Thanks
Tinkerbell 99 Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 02:40 PM   #2
jdb in AZ
It could end up curdled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbell 99 Mom View Post
Thank in advance for helping with this question.

Is there documentation that is needed for DCL Transfers to port from Disney Resort Hotels? We are staying at the Beach Club Villas prior to our cruise. We booked transfers after we received DCL Cruise Booklet. Will I receive any documents? I know I put the cruise line tags on my luggage and think I remember we put our luggage outside the room fairly early. Just cannot find the DCL transfers on any of my reservations, but I paid for them. I guess I just need to tell the front desk when I check in? Thanks
We booked our transfers late and didn't get any documentation, but we were on the list so we received a sheet of instructions in our hotel room the day before our cruise. We didn't set our luggage outside the room -- bell services just came and got it.
jdb in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-13-2012, 03:09 PM   #3
chemnerd09
Mouseketeer

I think they pick up your luggage from inside your room around 8am to go to the port. It goes on a truck to the ship instead of the DCL bus. You would need to put it outside your stateroom the night before you disembark from ship.

chemnerd09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 07:23 PM   #4
clten
DIS Veteran

There is no paperwork or tickets or vouchers for the DCL transfers from the resorts to the ports. They keep a list of people. If you get your letter the night before, you know for sure you are on the list. They pick up luggage from inside the room starting at 8 am and you don't need to be there for them to get it -- just make sure it has your cruise tags on it and it is separate from any bags you want to carry on.

As for asking when you arrive at the resort, the answer you get will vary with the Cast Member's experience with DCL. We added DCL transfers the day before we headed to WDW and got all sorts of confirmations about our ME back to the airport. I was concerned they added the wrong transfers and trying to confirm with a resort CM was like banging my head against a brick wall. I just gave up and called DCL, confirmed, had my luggage ready at 8, breathed a sigh of relief when someone showed up to get it (we never got a letter -- apparently it was put "near" the door right before a big, big storm kicked up) and talked to the DCL CM that morning to confirm when we needed to get on the bus.
clten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 10:23 AM   #5
Tinkerbell 99 Mom
Tinkerbell's Mom

Thank you for the replies.

Several things have changed with DCL since we took the DCL Transfers. We were told that with the new larger ships, that DCL wanted to manage the
arrivals to help over crowding in the terminals. The last time we took the DCL Transfers our bus arrived to an almost empty terminal. We walked on the ship and it was great.... This time for us it will be a little tight, DCL has scheduled the DVC Member Celebration for 2:30 p.m. on first day... BUSY..

Thanks again
Tinkerbell 99 Mom is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: