Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-27-2011, 03:45 PM   #1
ssatterly
DIS Veteran

Can someone tell me whatWhat is a Oversized Private Verandah - Some with Whitewall?

Can someone please tell me what is a What is a Oversized Private Verandah - Some with Whitewall? And does anyone have a pic of one?
ssatterly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 03:47 PM   #2
jilljill
Collects Disney men!
I had to go and write a novel didn't I?!
Come on over and join our thread

Location: 13-14½ hours drive from WDW - depending on who is driving (lol) OR 5 minutes!

On the Dream/Fantasy, there aren't any verandah's with the solid white wall. Oversized verandah's are just that, larger than a normal size one.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-27-2011, 03:50 PM   #3
ssatterly
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jilljill View Post
On the Dream/Fantasy, there aren't any verandah's with the solid white wall. Oversized verandah's are just that, larger than a normal size one.
Well this is a woef for word quote from trying to book the Fantsay that the cabin we are looking at is a Oversized Private Verandah - Some with Whitewall?
Old 12-27-2011, 03:53 PM   #4
jilljill
Collects Disney men!

Location: 13-14½ hours drive from WDW - depending on who is driving (lol) OR 5 minutes!

Here's an extensive thread with pics of cabins on the Dream: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2586763

I've seen that description for the Dream/Fantasy and from people that have stayed in those cabins and posted pics from the Dream there is not a whitewall. We have one of those cabins booked for next month and it definately has a very large verandah and no whitewall.
Old 12-27-2011, 04:04 PM   #5
ssatterly
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Here's an extensive thread with pics of cabins on the Dream: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2586763

I've seen that description for the Dream/Fantasy and from people that have stayed in those cabins and posted pics from the Dream there is not a whitewall. We have one of those cabins booked for next month and it definately has a very large verandah and no whitewall.
what are the cabin numbers for those cabins? I have not booked just yet.
Old 12-27-2011, 04:07 PM   #6
jilljill
Collects Disney men!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssatterly View Post
what are the cabin numbers for those cabins? I have not booked just yet.
There are many cabins with the oversized verandah's. Most of the very aft cabins have them. There are also other cabins along the sides that have the oversized verandah's.
Old 12-27-2011, 04:09 PM   #7
ssatterly
DIS Veteran

Quote:
There are many cabins with the oversized verandah's. Most of the very aft cabins have them. There are also other cabins along the sides that have the oversized verandah's.
Ok ok so there are a very limited number of them? So is $3600 a good price for one for 3 in the cabin?
Old 12-27-2011, 04:12 PM   #8
jilljill
Collects Disney men!

Quote:
Ok ok so there are a very limited number of them? So is $3600 a good price for one for 3 in the cabin?
If you feel comfortable paying that amount then it's a good price. Plus it would depend on the time of year you are looking at booking. But you can also look at the same category at another time of year to see what the price is and compare to the one you are looking at to see if the price looks good to you.
Old 12-27-2011, 04:23 PM   #9
ssatterly
DIS Veteran

Quote:
If you feel comfortable paying that amount then it's a good price. Plus it would depend on the time of year you are looking at booking. But you can also look at the same category at another time of year to see what the price is and compare to the one you are looking at to see if the price looks good to you.
That is for Oct of 2013
I comparied it to say April and April was MUCH more....Is there a good TA that gives better rates for DCL?
Old 12-27-2011, 04:33 PM   #10
jilljill
Collects Disney men!

Quote:
That is for Oct of 2013
I comparied it to say April and April was MUCH more....Is there a good TA that gives better rates for DCL?
DCL does not allow TA's to discount cruises, so prices will be the same no matter who you book with. But some TA's will give an onboard credit or an onboard gift as a 'thank you' for booking thru them.

Dreams Unlimited sponsors the boards and does offer onboard credit for booking thru them. You can look at their website to see what amounts they offer.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: