Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-03-2012, 11:09 PM   #31
hollr
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonfly57005 View Post
Last summer I bought a t shirt from motherhood which had Mickey on the back with his gloved hands reaching around the front saying "embrace your bump"
Ohhhh.... That would be cute!
hollr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 11:30 PM   #32
TrueEeyore
won't you please .. won't you please .. please won't you be .. my tag friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilesoflaundry View Post
I'm pretty sure Disney will not monogram them with "mommy" or "babe" or"dad" etc. anything that is not a name. A few years back I wanted some that didn't have our names on them but they wouldn't do it.

I don't know if they have changed the rules or not.
Actually, DH and I went to Disney (in 2009) when I was pregnant with my son and we got "Mommy" and "Daddy" monogrammed on our ears in Downtown Disney. We asked the lady if it was ok and she said "Well, what else is the kid going to call you?"

But I have heard that some won't do it. If nothing else, buy the ears and have them monogrammed when you get home? I'm sure whatever you choose to do will be perfect!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonfly57005 View Post
Last summer I bought a t shirt from motherhood which had Mickey on the back with his gloved hands reaching around the front saying "embrace your bump"
I'm not even pregnant and I want that!!!
NEW! "Where's My Water?" April 2013 Trip Report - In progress|Dasani in Disney. Let's do it again! September '11 Trip Report!- Complete!|Dasani Girl is back in the World with a baby!!...and pregnant again! January 2010 Trip Report - Complete!|Taking on the World...Pregnant! January 09 TR - Complete!|Panama City Beach Report! << Now it's a baby report!|Attack of the Dasani and Lots of pictures! January 08Trip Report! -Complete!
I miss you Jasper R.I.P 07/21/01 - 06/13/07
TrueEeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-04-2012, 04:10 AM   #33
WDWsBFF
Everyday Disney Dreamer

This NOT my idea...I got it from a super cute YouTube video I watched.

I watched a video where a couple was getting their caricature done and the woman surprised her husband by telling the artist ahead of time to sketch in her pregnancy announcement!

Maybe you could have someone video you and your family getting sketched, just sitting there looking all normal and then have the artist give you a baby bump in the final picture. You could then reveal it to the camera when it's completed. Just a thought.

A link for the video in case anyone wants to see it: http://youtu.be/OPZaRXxjQik

It made my heart melt! I want to do something cute like that to surprise my (soon-to-be) hubby one day!
3 DLR trips: 2 in 2009 and 1 in 2013 all off-site

WDWsBFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 07:49 AM   #34
jcvalenti
Wine Snob

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyitsmejosh View Post
Splash Mountain

•No child under the age of 7 may ride without an adult.
•For safety, you should be in good health and free from high blood pressure, heart, back or neck problems, motion sickness, or other conditions that could be aggravated by this adventure.
•Expectant mothers should not ride.

=( it wouldve been a great idea
Congrats ! What fun. We call our second child our Disney Souvenoir, since we brought him home from the trip. Too bad my DW wouldn't let me name him Walter Elias.

my ideas ...

Take a picture pointing to the "Expectant Mothers Should Not Ride" part of the sign, and then post it to Facebook with the caption "I guess I can't go on Splash Mountain"

Either that or take a family picture on Main Street with a double wide stroller, with your daughter sitting on one side and a "This Space Reserved for Little Sister or Brother" sign next to her.
Trip History: June 1983 - Treehouse Villas | June 1984 - Fort Wilderness | July 1992 - Euro Disneyland | June/July 2004, October 2004, June 2005, June/July 2008, June 2009, July 2011, June 2012 - Offsite (usually with a Huge Family Group) | Oct 2008, Oct 2011 - Dolphin (Epcot F & W) | Oct 2013 - Swan (Epcot F & W)
Next Trip: August 2014 - Offsite (with an even huger family group)
Favorite Restaurants: Jiko, Il Mulino, Via Napoli, Teppan Edo, Biergarten, Kouzzina
Favorite Disney "Stuff": Haunted Mansion, A 40th Bday Illuminations Cruise with a 1971 Chateau Haut Brion, Enjoying the Hospitality of Benito at Tutto Gusto, Watching the kids build their own list of favorites, Renting boats at the Polynesian, Seeing "Bo Duke" at Cali Grill during last F&W
jcvalenti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 09:09 AM   #35
ttintagel
DIS Veteran

Maybe you can get the Dapper Dans to dedicate a chorus of "Coney Island Baby" to you.
ttintagel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 09:09 AM   #36
jesswindsor
DIS Veteran

One thing you could do is make a video of some of the cast member around world showcase or anywhere really welcoming the new arrival in different languages and then show it to your family and when they ask you what they are saying you can tell them. IDK just a thought.
jesswindsor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 09:19 AM   #37
angierae
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilesoflaundry View Post
I'm pretty sure Disney will not monogram them with "mommy" or "babe" or"dad" etc. anything that is not a name. A few years back I wanted some that didn't have our names on them but they wouldn't do it.

I don't know if they have changed the rules or not.
I don't know about "Mommy" but my DD17 just got a pair in April with a nickname of hers that is definitely not a name, and all they did was ask her how to spell it.

10-2013 - Pop Century / 4-2012 - Port Orleans French Quarter / 5-2010 - Pop Century
angierae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 10:19 AM   #38
spiritsnitch
Earning My Ears

I'm looking for similar ideas. I was thinking of doing the mouse ears. When we went to Disney several years ago, we had just decided to start trying and we spotted a sign on the window of the big Disney store in Downtown Disney that said, "we're going to have a baby!" My husband and I had someone take our picture in front of it. It was kind of subtle as it was just words on a clear display window, but we thought it was cute. We held the picture back and put it on the back of our Christmas card when we actually were pregnant.

It was part of the what will you celebrate campaign, but it was still up the last time we went, a couple of years later. They had a variety of things you would celebrate, so if you still spot those on the windows, look around that one should be there too.
spiritsnitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 11:27 AM   #39
pixie08
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by beckyx3 View Post
Well not sure how you could do it there, but I came across this really cute video a few weeks ago of a couple doing the same thing in Disneyland. Maybe it can help you think of ideas to tell your family and friends! Have fun on your trip!

vimeo . com / 27327355 (minus the spaces of course )
fantastic!

pixie08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 01:08 PM   #40
lillykat
DIS Veteran

I found out I was expecting DD#2 on DD#1's 1st trip to WDW. I went into one of the shops on Main street and bought a baby Mickey and a gender neutral baby onesie. The cast member gave me a free blank card to write a message on and some pixie dust that they put into the bag.

Then on Main street we picked a spot and I told the photopass person to make sure to get some good pictures because I had a surprise for DH. DD handed him the bag and he opened up the package at that point and we got some great shots. In front of the castle as a family.
May 2013 POR Princess Trip! May 2010 POLY DD#2's 1st birthdaySept 2008 POLY - DD#1's 1st tripApril 2004 - AKL honeymoonJanuary 2002 at AKL
lillykat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 01:30 PM   #41
disneynutsss
I'm a Disney Nut!

Quote:
Originally Posted by angierae View Post
I don't know about "Mommy" but my DD17 just got a pair in April with a nickname of hers that is definitely not a name, and all they did was ask her how to spell it.
did she get it in the park or at DTD? when i went with a nickname they would not do it
2005 Vacation Home.....2006 ASMovies.....2008 Off Site Seralago..........2009 ASMovies.....2010 Hard Rock Hotel.....2010 ASSports

NEXT TRIP October 17, 2012!! LM at AoA!!
1103.44 MILES FROM "HOME"

disneynutsss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 01:45 PM   #42
sarahlovesmickey
I could probably make Shake N Bake from all the crumbs I have in my keyboard
My DH thinks I'm "Doing the Naughty" on the Budget Board

OMG! I loved that video--gave me the chills.

~~Sarah~Proud ARMY wife and mother of 5 (soon to be 6!) Disney lovers!!!!~~
-DH -me -Bailey(11) -Madelyn(9) -Logan(6) Carter (4) Isabella (2) - Emily
MARCH 1st-7th--DOMINICAN REPUBLIC-2nd HONEYMOON!

2005-Stayed at WestGate Vacation Villas and Westgate Town Center/ 2007 May 5-19- Stayed at Horizons by Marriott/ 2009-April 18-May 2-Sheraton Vistana Villages/ 2010-February-Stayed at Blue Heron Beach Resort/ 2011-January 23-28-Stayed at Red Roof Inn Kissimmee(a VERY Budget friendly trip)/ 2013-April 16-27-Legacy Vacation Resort
sarahlovesmickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 02:00 PM   #43
SpectroMagic*o*
Por favor manténganse alejado de las puertas

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillBrasky View Post
Hold up a poster that says "I'm Pregnant" for the photo they take as you come screaming down Splash Mountain. Oh, wait...
Omg that is sooo funny!!! Someone should ride and do this anyways, LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyitsmejosh View Post
could always have the test track singers sing it to your family
This inspired an idea to videotape the Barber Shop quartet singing a song for the new baby and showing the video to the fam later!

We just told our family about our 2nd baby back in February. We had everyone over and for dessert, we got a special cake made for our DD that was in the shape of Aurora (Sleeping Beauty)...on the dress part of the Aurora cake, it said "Big Sister". We presnted it to our family by saying we got a special cake for our DD for dessert and then laid it out on the table infront of DD. The reactions were awesome and we got it all on video. First it was quiet while reading, then you start to hear the various gasps, and then the screaming ensued, LOL!

SpectroMagic*o* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 02:00 PM   #44
fadingjamie
Up next... our first trip to Disneyland!

You said you have reservations for CRT... Maybe you can have a sign on the fourth chair at your table say "Reserved for Baby #2" and take a picture?

June 2001 Off Site (Grad Night), March 2009 POP, June 2010 Give a Day, Get a Day program (NCL cruise day trip), May 2011 POFQ (we got engaged!), July 2013 Poly/POR (our honeymoon!), August 2014 POFQ (mother/daughter trip), Upcoming: August 2015 Quick trip to DLR then WDW @ CSR
fadingjamie is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: