DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Member Services
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-01-2013, 10:34 PM   #1
antree
DIS Veteran

Members with BWV as Home Resort

We are planning a trip for Nov. 1st -10th, the only problem is BWV isn't our home resort. We have to go at that time to have a sitter for our dog.
So my question is..... Does anyone know how hard it will be to get a studio for that time.
Do you know if rooms are even available still?
We were in Disney Nov/Dec 2012 and stayed art SSR for the first time. My kids said they didn't feel like they were in Disney. They hated SSR and said if we don't get BWV this Nov. they are not going. They are so spoiled with BW. We have been staying there for the last 8 -9 yrs. It's been 3 yrs since we were there the beginning of Nov. and we stayed at AK because BW wasn't available. They will take AK as their 2nd choice but BW is just so much more convenient for us. My DS use to cry to go home at night when he was 2 and we couldn't figure out why, because we were home. A year later when we went to BW he screamed my home. That's when it dawned on us he was talking about Disney's BWV.
Anyway, I know we have a long shot. but there's always hope.
Thanks for your input.
antree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 11:00 PM   #2
DebbieB
DVC Member BWV 99
You have to compare apples to apples

Quote:
Originally Posted by antree View Post
We are planning a trip for Nov. 1st -10th, the only problem is BWV isn't our home resort. We have to go at that time to have a sitter for our dog.
So my question is..... Does anyone know how hard it will be to get a studio for that time.
Do you know if rooms are even available still?
We were in Disney Nov/Dec 2012 and stayed art SSR for the first time. My kids said they didn't feel like they were in Disney. They hated SSR and said if we don't get BWV this Nov. they are not going. They are so spoiled with BW. We have been staying there for the last 8 -9 yrs. It's been 3 yrs since we were there the beginning of Nov. and we stayed at AK because BW wasn't available. They will take AK as their 2nd choice but BW is just so much more convenient for us. My DS use to cry to go home at night when he was 2 and we couldn't figure out why, because we were home. A year later when we went to BW he screamed my home. That's when it dawned on us he was talking about Disney's BWV.
Anyway, I know we have a long shot. but there's always hope.
Thanks for your input.
Being the last days of the Food & Wine Festival, Jersey Week, Veterans Day weekend, that time of year can be tough. Right now, studios in all views have some dates soldout within that period and we are now at 9 months.
Register to remove

Old 02-01-2013, 11:22 PM   #3
antree
DIS Veteran

That's what I was so afraid of...I'm going to talk to the kids and get a back up plan. I really wish we could change our dates, but some family members are stubborn and making me go at that time again. But I have to do what I think is best for my dog, and I need a sitter to stay with her. So a Nov trip it is again.
I'll try At the 7 month mark and just hope for cancellations. Maybe I can get at least a split stay.
Thanks for the info.
Old 02-02-2013, 07:52 AM   #4
ellenmiele

Mouseketeer

I was in the exact same situation last year. We had a family trip planned for my parents 50th and my mom had her heart set on BWV. I'm the only DVC member in the family so my contribution to the trip was the rooms. We were 15 ext family members and I was trying to get 3 studios and one 2-br. I knew it wouldnt be easy but it was harder than I expectedr. Anyway, my mom was able to book some rooms with cash (thru regular WDW res sysytem) just in case I couldn't get them with my points. As the 7th month mark approached I continually checks availability and it got worse and worse. (don't worry, my story gets better). On the first day possible I started to book. I got one night here, one night there and wait listed others. But it's very hard to do at BW because there are so many different room categories! . Or maybe your family would be ok with BCV? (much fewer room categories so it's easier to work wait lists that match up to rooms you already have) Or would you mind having to change rooms midstay (ie., from a studio std view to a studio garden view)? All those different room categories at BW drove me crazy!!! Anyway For me , I had 2 wait lists the whole time and never had any come through. Everything I got was on my own. I went on the reservation website 2-3 times a day every day for months! In the end I was able to get 1 studio for the whole stay and two studios for half the stay and a 1br for the whole stay (which was same cat as one of the studios so we essentially had the 2 br). For the rest we used what my mom had booked. A week before our trip I had MS combine whatever reservations I had that were for the same type of room category so I only had one reservation number for each room. And then I asked to have all our reservations linked as "traveling together". Only one of us (my sis and her DH) had to change rooms mid stay. So it all worked out ok and hopefully will for you too -- it depends on how many rooms you need, what type of room you want, and your groups willingness to change rooms if necessary. Think positive -- it can be done! Good luck!

5/02(Poly),4/03(Poly),4/04(WL),10/04(BW),4/05(CR),4/06(AK and GF),4/07(BCV),12/07(SSR), 6/08 (DCL Wonder and BWV), 4/09 (SSR and Poly), 4/10 (AKV-Kidani Village and BLT) 4/11 (Universal HRH for WWoHP and then HHI villas), 4/12 (OKW), 11/12 (BWV for Grandma and Grandpa's 50th anniversary!), 3/13 (OKW), and next we sail the Dream then head on to the Villas at the Grand Floridian!

WL FLAG FAMILY 4/18/04
ellenmiele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 08:53 AM   #5
jekjones1558
Always happy at Disney

OP, doing as the PP said by stalking the DVC member website is a great strategy. Your best chance will be a Preferred Garden/Pool view room because there are many more of those than there are standard or BW view. Since you only need one studio, I think you have a decent shot at getting the whole thing by picking up a day here and there on the member website. Then, as PP stated, call to have all the days linked into one reservation. And request Village Green view. That view is all studios and is a partial BW view that is close to the elevators. Good luck!
Old 02-02-2013, 02:53 PM   #6
antree
DIS Veteran

Thank You for the response, you all made me feel there is hope. I just called my DD and told her we might need a back up plan and she wasn't happy. LOL...
My DH is like we are staying at BW or we are not going. The kids are screaming it's BW or AK then...They drive me crazy. Having the pool view will be great for us, because we always request a room facing the pool. I like seeing TOT, the water and the other Hotels.. So that is our plan tonight. Figuring out do we book with cash until our 7 month window, or just wait until April 1st.
Also, I am a big pain when it comes to the waitlist. I call MS a few times a day. everyday. Now that I can do it on line too. OMG... MS watch out.

Last edited by antree; 02-02-2013 at 05:58 PM.
Old 02-02-2013, 03:47 PM   #7
murphy7573
Earning My Ears

Why don't you buy at BWV ?
murphy7573 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 03:51 PM   #8
Judique
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thank You for the response, you all made me feel there is hope. I just called my DD and told her we might need a back up plan and she wasn't happy. LOL...
My DH is like we are staying at BW or we are not going. The kids are screaming it's BW or AK then...They drive me crazy. Having the pool view will be great for us, because we always request a room facing the pool. I like seeing TOT, the water and the other Hotels.. So that is are plan tonight. Figuring out do we book with cash until our 7 month window, or just wait until April 1st.
Also, I am a big pain when it comes to the waitlist. I call MS a few times a day. everyday. Now that I can do it on line too. OMG... MS watch out.
Sounds like you need to buy some BW points!

Good luck with your quest.
Judique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 06:06 PM   #9
antree
DIS Veteran

I wish we could buy more points, and 14 yrs ago when we first bought, BWV wasn't an option at the time. OKW was the hotel of choice 14 yrs ago. We swore we wouldn't go anywhere else. Then 8 yrs ago my Aunt made us stay at BWV. We haven't left BW since we had a few stays at AK, but as much as we like that hotel, it's just too far from everything, and the bus wait is way too long for us.
We usually work our vacations around the times we know we can get rooms at BWV, but like I said we really don't have a choice this year and it has to be in NOV
Old 02-02-2013, 06:24 PM   #10
cvjw
DIS Veteran

If your kids cry because you have to stay somewhere other than BWV, you need to sell your OKW points, and buy at BWV. Save yourselves all the trouble of worrying and waitlists, and book at 11 months out.
cvjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 07:57 PM   #11
lodge
DIS Veteran

Yup, that'd be my suggestion too! Stay where you want, own where you want to stay!!
Old 02-03-2013, 04:40 PM   #12
tjkraz

DVC Owner SSR

Plan A: Get a new pet sitter or find a kennel.

Plan B: Tell the kids they either enjoy what you are able to get or they can stay home with grandma and grandpa.

Everyone in our family has their favorites but that's a little much. If my kids threatened to not go unless their demands were met, my response would be "cool, that's two less park tickets I need to buy!"

DVC owner at SSR, BWV and VGC
tjkraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 05:11 PM   #13
Judique
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I wish we could buy more points, and 14 yrs ago when we first bought, BWV wasn't an option at the time. OKW was the hotel of choice 14 yrs ago. We swore we wouldn't go anywhere else. Then 8 yrs ago my Aunt made us stay at BWV. We haven't left BW since we had a few stays at AK, but as much as we like that hotel, it's just too far from everything, and the bus wait is way too long for us.
We usually work our vacations around the times we know we can get rooms at BWV, but like I said we really don't have a choice this year and it has to be in NOV
When I was buying my BWV, a friend had OKW and she was so happy with it at the time. I was sort of encouraged to buy OKW, but I much preferred the BW location. Glad I went with my instincts. Now, she rarely stays there and has purchased additional BWV points.

When I'm at BWV, I feel as if I'm at Disney.

At OKW and SSR I feel as if I'm in a condo near Disney.

That said, I like SSR and OKW - they are very nice resorts and I am never disappointed when I'm locked out of BWV after the 7 month window making last minute reservations. There is almost always a great room at either resort or at AKL.
Judique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 08:38 PM   #14
antree
DIS Veteran

LOL..I would tell the kids to stay home if they were serious. We all would love to stay at BWV this trip, and we know that it's a slim chance because of the time of year. I should have not made it sound so bad that the kids wouldn't really go.
We were just there this past Nov. and yes staying at SSR did feel away from Disney. BWV makes you feel like your in Disney.
We all want to go and enjoy our self and would be great if we can do it from BW this trip.
Thank you all for the information. We are going to be on the phone first thing in the morning at the 7 month window, praying we can get at least half the days.

Selling our points to buy BWV would never even out, and there just isn't enough money to add points right now. So this trip we'll take what we can get and hope for the best.

Thank you all for the help and encouragement that we might still have a chance.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: