Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-06-2013, 09:20 AM   #1
Malibustyle23
DIS Veteran

Swagbucks ?

I just started using my swagbucks account again. I have enough sb to redeem for a $10 giftcard for now. I wanted to redeem them for Target cards but without a smartphone I'm assuming I can only redeem them online defeating the purpose of getting them to trade for a WDW giftcard.

So my question has anyone redeemed their SB for a Rainforest Cafe card and used it to solely pay the tip? We plan to have the DDP so our meal would be included but would like to have the tip covered for free also.
Malibustyle23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 12:14 PM   #2
reginaastralis
DIS Veteran

I haven't looked into redeeming at Target, but can you look to see if you can add them online, and have them send you a physical gift card? It would take a little longer, but that might be an idea.

My personal experience is to save up enough to get a paypal of a higher denomination, and then I can use the cash for whatever I want.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-06-2013, 12:34 PM   #3
JavArmy
DIS Veteran

I don't know anything about the gift cards but I save my swagbucks up and trade them in for a PayPal deposit. Then I have PayPal deposit it into a separate account where I'm saving for Disney! Good luck!

JavArmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 12:59 PM   #4
Eureka
DIS Veteran

I don't know the answer to your question. I was responding to what people say about Paypal...I was saving up for $25 Paypal too since the $5 options went away. But then people on another refunding board I read were saying their SB accounts were closed for some reason and they didn't violate the rules. That made me nervous, so now I redeem for Amazon $5 every time I hit 450 points. Will have a nice stash in there by holiday time!

If you do Mypoints, you can redeem for a "real" Target GC that you can use in the stores.
Eureka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 01:04 PM   #5
Malibustyle23
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eureka View Post
I don't know the answer to your question. I was responding to what people say about Paypal...I was saving up for $25 Paypal too since the $5 options went away. But then people on another refunding board I read were saying their SB accounts were closed for some reason and they didn't violate the rules. That made me nervous, so now I redeem for Amazon $5 every time I hit 450 points. Will have a nice stash in there by holiday time!

If you do Mypoints, you can redeem for a "real" Target GC that you can use in the stores.
Thanks everyone.

I'm not really familiar with mypoints so I'll check it out. We are planning on a September trip and being a sahm any extra I can easily come up with would be great.
Old 05-06-2013, 02:03 PM   #6
cjnix29
DIS Veteran

I haven't done it, but I remember reading on this board that someone just printed out the gift card info from swagbucks and they took it to Target, and the cashier just had to put it in. I'm hoping to do this soon, and as soon as I have enough for a $50 card, I'll post!
2005 OKW, first trip with DS
2006 WL
2007 POLYNESIAN 2008 All Star Music
2009 Surprise birthday trip for DS offsite
2009 Holidays at the World , POFQ
2010 New countertops, or Disney?....,we chose the Contemporary, Club Level MK view and the Yacht Club!
Trip Report from the most awesome trip ever! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2565514
2012 BLT
8/25/12 First Cruise on the Fantasy to celebrate over 130 pounds lost!
cjnix29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 03:54 PM   #7
audrey2580
DIS Veteran

Just wanted to throw in that I subscribe to sbcodez.com and it emails you when there is a swagcode - I've increased my swagcodes so much.
audrey2580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 06:25 PM   #8
crazelion
Form feet and legs...form arms and body...and I'll form...THE HEAD!
Why did the monsters at the end of "Voltron" always get killed by the Blazing Sword?

You must have a smartphone use the target e-giftcard in the store. Unless want use the card online. I get from from swagbucks amazon, steak shake, walmart, chili's, and applebee's.

I don't get target e-gift cards from swagbucks anymore. The reason swagbucks close some accounts because they use swagtv wrong.

Thank You GumpyPirate
crazelion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 06:41 PM   #9
Malibustyle23
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazelion View Post
You must have a smartphone use the target e-giftcard in the store. Unless want use the card online. I get from from swagbucks amazon, steak shake, walmart, chili's, and applebee's.

I don't get target e-gift cards from swagbucks anymore. The reason swagbucks close some accounts because they use swagtv wrong.
How do they use swagtv wrong? Just wanna make sure I'm ok.
Old 05-06-2013, 06:50 PM   #10
MrsHull88
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malibustyle23 View Post
I'm wondering that also??
MrsHull88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 07:19 PM   #11
JavArmy
DIS Veteran

Just a guess about the swag tv, I think they have programs that make the videos run in the background, so they just leave it running all day long. That is at least the gist of it, I think. Anyone else have any other ideas?

JavArmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 11:50 PM   #12
JOCAmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JavArmy View Post
Just a guess about the swag tv, I think they have programs that make the videos run in the background, so they just leave it running all day long. That is at least the gist of it, I think. Anyone else have any other ideas?
That's pretty much it as far as I can tell. And when running those programs, if a captcha (code to tell if you are human) comes up, they usually miss it. Sets off red flags with swagbucks.

I use my swagbucks for Landry gc's. Gives me a choice of 3 onsite restaurants. I don't see why you couldn't use one to pay the tip at Rainforest Cafe. When the gift card showed up in the "my giftcards" section of my account, there is link to click on to get the code. It took me to the Landry site where I could print my gc. I printed it and used it at the restaurant with no problems.

Soul-friends are locked in the heart, written in the heavens, and promised to find one other when the time is right
"I'm kinda glad Kyle is winning"~~D&DDisney
JOCAmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 06:36 AM   #13
ktrask
Mouseketeer

I use all of my swagbucks for Amazon gift cards. At the moment we will be getting a point and shoot digital camera for free . We will also be using the gift cards for items like a backpack, blankets (parade seats), etc for our trip. All of those odds and ends really add up, so ordering them with super saver shipping gives us free shipping on top of using the swagbucks gift cards.

We've used it for buying Christmas gifts, kindle books....it's awesome....and just so easy. They really do add up.
ktrask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 06:50 AM   #14
MamaJessie
DIS Veteran

Interesting question OP - hope someone has the answer
Old 05-07-2013, 10:38 PM   #15
crazelion
Form feet and legs...form arms and body...and I'll form...THE HEAD!
Why did the monsters at the end of "Voltron" always get killed by the Blazing Sword?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malibustyle23 View Post
They claim people was use bot to run swagtv. I know I had one my swagbucks account close because they use a proxy and use swagtv wrong.

Thank You GumpyPirate
crazelion is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: