Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-29-2010, 10:38 AM   #1
naomi78155
SAHM 2two. LOVE DiS!

OT: Robeez for 2.5 yr old

My DD 2.5 hates to wear shoes. She had a pair of Robeez as an infant and I loved them.
Does anyone have experience with them for a toddler? I was thinking the traditional soft soled ones.
Old 03-29-2010, 10:43 AM   #2
hmacmahony
Mouseketeer

I used to carry them for indoor playgrounds. And my youngest two HATE HATE shoes! So I ALWAYS carried them once they took off the shoes, the robeez would go on.
Disney won't take pictures without shoes, or socks on. (the photopass), Which is another reason we carried them around.
My kids loved them, and thought they were comfy!
hmacmahony is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-29-2010, 10:52 AM   #3
mamaLori05
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmacmahony View Post
I used to carry them for indoor playgrounds. And my youngest two HATE HATE shoes! So I ALWAYS carried them once they took off the shoes, the robeez would go on.
Disney won't take pictures without shoes, or socks on. (the photopass), Which is another reason we carried them around.
My kids loved them, and thought they were comfy!
Really? I have a lot of pics of my ds at 8 months taken by photopass photogs with no shoes or socks on from 2 years ago. We didn't even bring him shoes. Maybe it's at a certain age?

I've never purchased them that big, but I have seen Robee'z for 2.5 yr olds at mom and pop boutique type stores.
mamaLori05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 11:04 AM   #4
Rachie0507
DIS Veteran
I'm used to blending in

I used Robeez with my son until he was 4 and grew out of their biggest size. He loved them and preferred them to a bigger/bulkier slipper. A local boutique sells them but had to special-order the big size for me. They can be purchased online as well. My daughter stills loves to wear them too--she is 1 1/2. I'm sure she'll be wearing them for awhile!
Rachie0507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 11:17 AM   #5
naomi78155
SAHM 2two. LOVE DiS!

Thanks. Zappos has a great selection and I have a coupon! Think I will order a pair now!
Old 03-29-2010, 12:42 PM   #6
ricosuave
Mouseketeer

I love KEEN shoes for both my kids. Have you ever tried the Robeez Tredz or Pediped flex for toddlers? Highly reco those too
ricosuave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 01:18 PM   #7
puffkin
DVC Owner- SSR & AKV

Have you seen the Tsukihoshi sneakers/shoes for toddlers. They are the best. Very light weight, flexible, breathable and comfortable. And they are machine washable and hold up great in the washer....look like new! It is all DS would wear for the longest time. They are great shoes and hold up well. I take my son to a specialty kids shoe store and they are a huge seller there. They are a bit pricey but they last a really long time so I break about even if I was purchasing the cheaper shoes from Target/Walmart.

PS...I loved the Robeez when he was a toddler but I wouldn't let him wear those outside of the house when he was walking.

puffkin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 01:43 PM   #8
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

I guess when DS was littler I either didn't know they had sizes bigger than what we got to, or maybe they just didn't have them...2.5 was probably as old as he got in them. They did have a pair of boots with a firmer sole that he wore camping, kept his tootsies nice and warm (camping in October on the Oregon coast).

But then after that we switched to See Kai Run, which aren't AS flexy as Robeez, but they are easier than the more "traditional" hard sole shoe. Loved those shoes...

We probably just didn't look far into bigger sizes b/c by that time we lived in a place with construction across the road...having grown up in that sort of area, I know how sharp objects show up, and I just didn't want to deal with that, so we used harder-soled shoes.

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently maintaining 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 07:35 PM   #9
hmacmahony
Mouseketeer

sorry, I can't make the quote work for some reason tonight

Photopass would not take pictures with my walking (14 months) child without shoes on. She kept ripping off her sandals in the stroller, and we were carrying her everywhere, so she didn't need the shoes really anyway. EXCEPT for meet and greets, she walked up to jo jo and they wouldn't take her picture. The lady apologized, I told her no need, rules are rules, and threw on the robeez, and it was fine.

So, we kept the robeez with us for that reason, and even on the next trip with my next 14 month old...who also hated shoes!!
hmacmahony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 08:34 PM   #10
shinysparklybubbles
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by puffkin View Post
Have you seen the Tsukihoshi sneakers/shoes for toddlers. They are the best. Very light weight, flexible, breathable and comfortable. And they are machine washable and hold up great in the washer....look like new! It is all DS would wear for the longest time. They are great shoes and hold up well. I take my son to a specialty kids shoe store and they are a huge seller there. They are a bit pricey but they last a really long time so I break about even if I was purchasing the cheaper shoes from Target/Walmart.

PS...I loved the Robeez when he was a toddler but I wouldn't let him wear those outside of the house when he was walking.
I just got these for DS, I needed something to protect his feet when walking outside because the Robeez soles weren't thick enough if he'd step on something pointy. I like the tsukihoshi because they are still flexible but provide protection.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: