DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Member Services
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-01-2013, 03:49 PM   #1
teatah
Earning My Ears

7 month booking question

We are very new to DVC...just purchased in Dec 2012. We are working on planning a trip for November 2014. Our home resort is OKW, but we are planning to stay at BWV. We will need a 2BR villa. Since we can only book at the 7-month mark, what are our chances of staying there? It would be to check in the Saturday after Thanksgiving.

Should we make a reservation at OKW at 7 months & wait-list for BWV? I am very confused. Please help!

WDW: off site '93, Dixie Landings '96, ASMo '00, '04, '06, '08, Pop '09, '10, '12, AKL '11, AoA '12, OKW '14
DCL: Dream '11 & '13, Magic '13, Wonder '14,
teatah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 03:56 PM   #2
DannysMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by teatah
We are very new to DVC...just purchased in Dec 2012. We are working on planning a trip for November 2014. Our home resort is OKW, but we are planning to stay at BWV. We will need a 2BR villa. Since we can only book at the 7-month mark, what are our chances of staying there? It would be to check in the Saturday after Thanksgiving.

Should we make a reservation at OKW at 7 months & wait-list for BWV? I am very confused. Please help!
If you know your dates and you are definitely going, I would book accommodations at your home resort now. At the 7 month mark, see what is available and if you can switch your reservation to BWV. I would count on pool/garden view. Your problem may be that weekend after Thanksgiving, as many folks won't be checking out of their thanksgiving ressies until Sunday or Monday. Worst case, you could do a split stay, start at OKW & move to BWV when it opens up say Monday or Tuesday.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards App, please excuse any typos or autocorrects!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-01-2013, 04:24 PM   #3
DebbieB
DVC Member BWV 99
You have to compare apples to apples

Pool/garden view might be available, standard or boardwalk view unlikely.
Old 02-01-2013, 05:00 PM   #4
CarolMN
DVC Co-Moderator

DISboards Moderator

Definitely reserve OKW at the11 month window and then switch if you can at 7 months.

Here is a thread that talks about December availability for 2012 at the 7 month mark - you will be trying to get the first week of December since Thanksgiving 2014 will be on 11/27/2014:

December Time: Results at 7 Months out (Updated for End of December, post #19)

As you can see, there was very limited availability at 7 months for that week. Hope you have good luck when it comes time to switch.

BWV - Early Morning on May 2, 2008

Last edited by CarolMN; 02-01-2013 at 07:24 PM.
CarolMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 06:59 PM   #5
lovin'fl
DIS Veteran

We have OKW and HH points and have stayed at BWV twice. You can get BWV at the 7 month window, but not likely the standard view. You can get the preferred view (but not boardwalk view...so pool or garden view). You should still book your home resort at 11 months out as back-up and then see what you can switch to at 7 month window...and go online the morning of the very 1st day of the 7 month window for best chances. If it's Thanksgiving week, it may be harder to get...but still worth a try.
lovin'fl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 07:09 PM   #6
lovin'fl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolMN View Post
Definitely reserve OKW at the 11 month window and then switch if you can at 7 months.

Here is a thread that talks about December availability for 2012 at the 7 month mark - you will be trying to get the first week of December since Thanksgiving 2014 will be on 11/27/2014:

December Time: Results at 7 Months out (Updated for End of December, post #19)

As you can see, there was very limited availability at 7 months for that week. Hope you have good luck when it comes time to switch.
Can you find the link to the November availability thread? I did a search and couldn't find it.

Last edited by CarolMN; 02-01-2013 at 07:25 PM.
lovin'fl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 07:24 PM   #7
CarolMN
DVC Co-Moderator

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovin'fl View Post
Can you find the link to the November availability thread? I did a search and couldn't find it.
There isn't one as far as I know. However, for 2014, because Thanksgiving is late, the week after is the first week of December.

BWV - Early Morning on May 2, 2008
CarolMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 09:16 PM   #8
luckyman_apd
DIS Veteran

You always want to book your home resort at 11 months so you have a place to stay. At 7 months you see what's available to switch to. Split stays and wait lists are options if what you are looking for is not available. Thanksgiving is a busy time and I agree those that stay for thanksgiving will typically checkout on Sunday, so Saturday will be busy. Bumping up to first week of December could make it more difficult as the low points plus the holiday season makes it a busy DVC time.
Old 02-04-2013, 10:53 AM   #9
teatah
Earning My Ears

Thanks everyone. This is all so new to us & I am a big planner, so I want all my ducks in a row now...even though I cannot make any reservations until this December.

WDW: off site '93, Dixie Landings '96, ASMo '00, '04, '06, '08, Pop '09, '10, '12, AKL '11, AoA '12, OKW '14
DCL: Dream '11 & '13, Magic '13, Wonder '14,
teatah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 08:14 AM   #10
cwdefouw
DVC Member since 1999

Quote:
Originally Posted by teatah View Post
Thanks everyone. This is all so new to us & I am a big planner, so I want all my ducks in a row now...even though I cannot make any reservations until this December.
It definitely sounds like you are in the right frame of mind about planning early. As a DVC member, that is the best thing you can do to ensure that you can get the accomodations that you need. I also agree that you definitely want to book your home resort at 11 months as a backup, then change to your preferred resort at 7 months if available.

cwdefouw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 10:26 AM   #11
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Just some info that you might not know. OKW has dedicated two bedroom villas. BWV has no dedicated two bedroom villas. That means every two bedroom villa at BWV is a combination of a one bedroom and a studio. So you'll have one king bed, one queen bed, one double sleeper sofa and one queen sleeper sofa. No sleeper chair like at OKW.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: