Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-28-2012, 09:44 AM   #91
CHIdadOF3
Mouseketeer

Welcome, Cmbar! Sorry for not getting around to this post sooner - work and holidays have filled my time.

If you are interested, we have an FE exchange sign up form. Let me know and I can PM you the link or, if you or someone else joins the Facebook page, the link is accessible there.

- Tony
Old 01-11-2013, 03:14 PM   #92
meajuly5
DIS Veteran

Could you add me to the Facebook page?
meajuly5 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-12-2013, 11:28 PM   #93
CHIdadOF3
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickamu View Post
Hello again,
I put a request in fb wonders of "13. Please add me..
thanks
Hi chickamu! Sorry, I didn't see any request from you to be added to the group. I've been slacking a bit so I do apologize. Please try again or send me a PM with your FB email address and I will get you added.
Old 01-12-2013, 11:29 PM   #94
CHIdadOF3
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by meajuly5 View Post
Could you add me to the Facebook page?
Sent you a FB friend request. Welcome to the group!!
Old 01-13-2013, 05:52 PM   #95
meajuly5
DIS Veteran

Thanks!excited to join!
meajuly5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 07:59 AM   #96
kimdesimone
Earning My Ears

We are booked for this one as well! Trying to find options on flying in and out of Vancouver. We want to give ourselves 1-2days lead in getting there. I hope I can find this thread again.
kimdesimone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 07:04 AM   #97
KelseyLaPerle
Mouseketeer

Can I also be added to the FB group?

DH and I will be on the cruise to celebrate our 10th anniversary. We're from VT so it's bit of a haul to get us there (and airfare is NOT cheap!), but I can not wait for the trip. We've always wanted to go to Alaska, and I've always wanted to do a DCL cruise so we're kind of getting two birds with one stone

Right now we're looking to arrive in SEA on the 21st and then make our way to Vancouver either that night or early am on the 22nd. I really don't know how close is too close as far as arriving in Vancouver. We have a semi-strict budget (which is also making excursion planning difficult) and really need to spend as little as possible on getting there and getting home.

We are not big air travelers - we have been to WDW several times but always fly non-stop from VT. I have a lot to figure out before we can book flights, etc. and am happy to receive any and all tried and true suggestions for when to arrive in SEA, how to get to Vancouver, etc. I've read through most of the other Alaska threads and am currently quite overwhelmed with the possibilities. Sometimes I wonder if it's "worth" the extra $$ to just fly right to Vancouver...but then I think of the excursions we could do with that money if we saved it instead. Ugh!

At this point I'm not sure about the FE (why IS it called that, anyway?) as it will be just DH and I. Depending on the size of the group, we may participate.

Sorry for rambling - I'm so excited for this trip - we just booked a few days ago and already I can't sleep because I'm planning in my head.

I look forward to meeting some of you!
Aug. 2012 - Saratoga Springs
March 2013 - Pop Century
July 2013 - DCL - Wonder to Alaska
February 2014 - runDisney marathon weekend
July 2014 - Saratoga Springs
October 2014 - runDisney ToT!
KelseyLaPerle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 05:10 PM   #98
vrntnns
Earned My Ears Working for Disneyland

Quote:
Originally Posted by KelseyLaPerle View Post

DH and I will be on the cruise to celebrate our 10th anniversary. We're from VT so it's bit of a haul to get us there (and airfare is NOT cheap!), but I can not wait for the trip. We've always wanted to go to Alaska, and I've always wanted to do a DCL cruise so we're kind of getting two birds with one stone

Right now we're looking to arrive in SEA on the 21st and then make our way to Vancouver either that night or early am on the 22nd. I really don't know how close is too close as far as arriving in Vancouver. We have a semi-strict budget (which is also making excursion planning difficult) and really need to spend as little as possible on getting there and getting home.

We are not big air travelers - we have been to WDW several times but always fly non-stop from VT. I have a lot to figure out before we can book flights, etc. and am happy to receive any and all tried and true suggestions for when to arrive in SEA, how to get to Vancouver, etc. I've read through most of the other Alaska threads and am currently quite overwhelmed with the possibilities. Sometimes I wonder if it's "worth" the extra $$ to just fly right to Vancouver...but then I think of the excursions we could do with that money if we saved it instead. Ugh!

At this point I'm not sure about the FE (why IS it called that, anyway?) as it will be just DH and I. Depending on the size of the group, we may participate.

Sorry for rambling - I'm so excited for this trip - we just booked a few days ago and already I can't sleep because I'm planning in my head.

WELCOME!!! KelseyLaPerle to our lil' Disney family! Glad to have ya'll onboard with us. It's very understandable of your concerns on "the budget" issues. We (wife & I) were that way on our first cruise too. "FE" stands for fish extender. There are fish ornaments that are on the wall next to stateroom. So with that said, people make & decorate a FE to put outside their stateroom for a "gift exchange" from Disboard/Facebook friends. If you send me a PM with your FB I'll add you to our group. PS There is a Fish Extender Disney Cruise Line Facebook page you can join also. That way you can get ideas and see what FE's are all about.

7/2008: DCL Mexican Riviera Cruise on the Magic (25th Wedd. Annv.)
7/2006-8/2007: Became DLR Cast Member again TL Attractions Host (Buzzlightyear Astro Blasters, Autopia, & Monorail)
7/2005: DCL Mexican Riviera Cruise on the Magic(22nd Wedd. Annv.)
7/85-1/86: Cast member of Disneyland TL Attractions Host (Rocket Jets and The PeopleMover)

Last edited by vrntnns; 01-20-2013 at 05:33 PM.
vrntnns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 07:46 PM   #99
KelseyLaPerle
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrntnns

WELCOME!!! KelseyLaPerle to our lil' Disney family! Glad to have ya'll onboard with us. It's very understandable of your concerns on "the budget" issues. We (wife & I) were that way on our first cruise too. "FE" stands for fish extender. There are fish ornaments that are on the wall next to stateroom. So with that said, people make & decorate a FE to put outside their stateroom for a "gift exchange" from Disboard/Facebook friends. If you send me a PM with your FB I'll add you to our group. PS There is a Fish Extender Disney Cruise Line Facebook page you can join also. That way you can get ideas and see what FE's are all about.
I can not send you a pm - I keep getting an error message saying you can't receive messages. You can find me on Facebook by searching - my name is the same as on here.

Thanks!!
March 2013 - Pop Century
Old 01-21-2013, 11:48 AM   #100
CHIdadOF3
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KelseyLaPerle View Post

Welcome to the group, Kelsey! I feel your pain with the Alaska cruise expense. I don't understand why it is so much more expensive than a 7 night cruise in the Caribbean. As my 12 yr old ds said, "It's just ice!"

We originally looked at flying into SEA as well but, being the number cruncher that I am, I figured out the cost of SEA vs VAN and based on my family of 5, it ended up being almost a wash by the time we added the train to VAN and the extra nights in SEA. I calculated everything using the cheapest alternatives (inexpensive lodging, public transportation, modest food budgets, etc.) and the numbers didn't justify the aggravation and effort involved. Needless to say, we booked our flight to VAN.

As for shore excursions, this really is the highlight of an Alaskan cruise. I have been to Alaska twice now and both times were very different experiences. On my last visit we spent the day walking around one of the towns rather than taking a tour. While it was a good time and interesting to see, it's not something we reflect back on like the other excursions we took. I realize they are expensive - most of the tours our family is interested in doing are going to cost me a minimum of $1000 . When all is said and done, the tours will cost almost as much as the cruise.
Old 01-27-2013, 12:45 PM   #101
KelseyLaPerle
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lollipop's Mom
Hi guys - I am not on this cruise but wanted to offer my fellow dis'ers something - I am actually hosting an event in Vancouver the couple days before your cruise and have a negotiated group rate of $119 a night right by Vancouver airport (free shuttle to the airport - 4.5* hotel - in Vancouver this summer rate is unheard of). I don't mind if some of you on this cruise want to book in under our group - I have a block of about 100 rooms and know they won't all get used. The rate is good July 18-22 at the Delta Vancouver Airport Hotel - its a gorgeous hotel with a really deep outdoor pool the kids love - I have stayed there a few times - anyway if you want to take advantage of the $119 rate - just call them and say you are with National Canadian Girl - just say you are part of my group Thought of this tonight and maybe can help some of you save some $$$. You could hop the shuttle to the airport and then hop the disney bus right to the pier, or just taxi/limo, etc.... http://www.deltahotels.com/en/hotels...ouver-airport/
I probably won't check back on this thread, so keep all the newcomers in the loop - I don't mind you using it at all. Just don't let on at the hotel you aren't actually with our group. hahaha. If you have any questions just pm me!
Thank you so much!! We just booked our room. Only 175 days to go.....
March 2013 - Pop Century
Old 01-27-2013, 08:27 PM   #102
DisneymamaX4
Earning My Ears

Hi everybody! We just booked our july 22nd Alaska cruise!! This will be our fourth Disney Cruise, first time on the Wonder. I am interested in the FE. We did it on our last Disney Cruise and had so much fun.
DisneymamaX4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 09:11 PM   #103
DisneymamaX4
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneymamaX4
Hi everybody! We just booked our july 22nd Alaska cruise!! This will be our fourth Disney Cruise, first time on the Wonder. I am interested in the FE. We did it on our last Disney Cruise and had so much fun.
Just requested to join the group on facebook.
DisneymamaX4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 02:09 PM   #104
CHIdadOF3
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimdesimone View Post
We are booked for this one as well! Trying to find options on flying in and out of Vancouver. We want to give ourselves 1-2days lead in getting there. I hope I can find this thread again.
Hi kimdesimone! Welcome to the group! We have a Facebook page and an FE group started. Please let me know if you'd like to join either.
Old 01-29-2013, 06:50 PM   #105
amandalynne621
Earning My Ears

Hello everyone! My husband and I will be on this cruise. is there anyway I can be added to the facebook group?
amandalynne621 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2013, alaska, july, wonder cruise

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: