Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-05-2012, 03:02 PM   #1
father of 2
Earning My Ears

Educational worksheets

Are there any worksheets specific to each of the parks, and for different age groups? Have a DD in 4th grade and a DS in kindergarten and we are taking them out of school in December for their first experience of World. Would like to be able to include some learning along with the fun.
Old 10-05-2012, 03:07 PM   #2
disykat
DIS Veteran

Just say no to worksheets! Have them keep journals.

I've only taken kids out of school once for a trip and I made my son (then in 1st grade) write a daily journal and make a little photo album with captioned pictures. We still have both and were looking at it not too long ago. (He's in college now.)

Because of the timing of that trip, and the fact that he was enjoying his assignment, it was a real turning point in his writing.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-05-2012, 04:14 PM   #3
ABBMommy
Earning My Ears

I agree with the journal idea. They can draw their own pictures and the 4th grader can write their own words and the K'er can dictate and you can write. You can also make learning games for them-like a memory match of maybe a character and their countries. You could also do some online research of countries you may see at Epcot before you go and find some fun facts about them!

Some kids do love worksheets, however, mine included! Maybe you can find something here http://fabulousclassroom.com/2011/02...es-activities/ I didn't look at the links, but there could be something there!
ABBMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 06:37 PM   #4
cmh314
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disykat View Post
Just say no to worksheets! Have them keep journals.

I've only taken kids out of school once for a trip and I made my son (then in 1st grade) write a daily journal and make a little photo album with captioned pictures. We still have both and were looking at it not too long ago. (He's in college now.)

Because of the timing of that trip, and the fact that he was enjoying his assignment, it was a real turning point in his writing.
Love this!

I'm going to try this with my DS on this trip (he's in 2nd grade).
cmh314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 11:34 PM   #5
MSSANDRA
DIS Veteran

Yep...no worksheets! A journal is plenty is you want to keep one. Learning WILL happen, you don't really have to record it. You might also be surprised at the number of worksheets the teacher gives your kids to complete for make-up work while you are gone....no need to create more!
MSSANDRA is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: