Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-14-2013, 11:01 AM   #691
zales127
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by taterheads View Post
There are currently 2 deals and neither are free dining. Don't think free dining is happening. Saying this might get me flamed but I'm glad there isn't free dining because if you have watched what free dining has done in drawing insanely large masses to the parks in October and November, it's not been pretty from what I've heard. Free dining is nice but draws hordes of people who wouldn't come on board otherwise. I'd rather have PSD and families with small kids deals and smaller crowds. Like I said- not a popular opinion but I think it may be accurate. Free dining and holidays are MAGNETS for the masses.
Thank you. Im going to go check what the prices are for our family. We have no little ones..just 14 & 16 year old.
Old 11-14-2013, 11:19 AM   #692
taterheads
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zales127 View Post
Thank you. Im going to go check what the prices are for our family. We have no little ones..just 14 & 16 year old.
The SPD deal is what you'll want then because it allows adults to dine and get park tickets at kids prices.
taterheads is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-15-2013, 10:57 PM   #693
keahgirl8
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle61513 View Post
We got a great deal when we booked at the beginning of November. For DH and I (no kids) Feb 23-Mar 1 total package was $2000. Includes POFQ, DDP (TS, QS, Snack) and two 6-day HP's (doing Universal one day). We had 2 Pins that they allowed us to use when booking.
Holy shmoly! That is a great deal!
Old 11-16-2013, 11:59 AM   #694
Don Disney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
There are currently 2 deals and neither are free dining. Don't think free dining is happening. Saying this might get me flamed but I'm glad there isn't free dining because if you have watched what free dining has done in drawing insanely large masses to the parks in October and November, it's not been pretty from what I've heard. Free dining is nice but draws hordes of people who wouldn't come on board otherwise. I'd rather have PSD and families with small kids deals and smaller crowds. Like I said- not a popular opinion but I think it may be accurate. Free dining and holidays are MAGNETS for the masses.
I beg to differ...We have done FD 4 times(once in Sept.,and 3 x the week before Thanksgiving),and while the ADR'S have been hard to get(if you don't jump on them at 180 day mark),and the restaurants have been booked to the hilt,the crowds otherwise have been great...20 minute max waits for mostly everything.So yeah,the restaurants were crowded,the parks were just fine....That has been our experience anyway...We LOVE FD-saves us a bunch of $$$$!!!!
Don Disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 01:05 PM   #695
taterheads
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Disney View Post
I beg to differ...We have done FD 4 times(once in Sept.,and 3 x the week before Thanksgiving),and while the ADR'S have been hard to get(if you don't jump on them at 180 day mark),and the restaurants have been booked to the hilt,the crowds otherwise have been great...20 minute max waits for mostly everything.So yeah,the restaurants were crowded,the parks were just fine....That has been our experience anyway...We LOVE FD-saves us a bunch of $$$$!!!!
I wasn't trying to start yet another argument on Disboard. I was simply trying to look on the bright side about not getting free dining. I'm happy with the deal we got
Old 11-17-2013, 10:27 AM   #696
Don Disney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I wasn't trying to start yet another argument on Disboard. I was simply trying to look on the bright side about not getting free dining. I'm happy with the deal we got
You did not start an argument....I simply responded to the post.
Don Disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 11:55 AM   #697
Stjen981
Earning My Ears

Annual Passholder discounts are now out for January 4-April 12.

37% off Beach Club Villas, BW Villas, OKW, SS, AKL - Standard/Pool View, BC, BWI, CR, GF, Poly, WL - Standard/Woods View, YC

30% off CBR, CSR, POR-R, FW Cabins, AK Villas, WL Villas, AKL- Savanna View/Club Level, WL Courtyard View/Club Level

25% off ASSp, ASMu, POP

20% off AoA Family Suites

**Discounts slightly lower across all categories for Mar 6-13
** Discounts exclude 3 BR Villas, AoA LM rooms, campsites and GF Villas
Stjen981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 03:39 PM   #698
jdd
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stjen981 View Post
Annual Passholder discounts are now out for January 4-April 12.

37% off Beach Club Villas, BW Villas, OKW, SS, AKL - Standard/Pool View, BC, BWI, CR, GF, Poly, WL - Standard/Woods View, YC

30% off CBR, CSR, POR-R, FW Cabins, AK Villas, WL Villas, AKL- Savanna View/Club Level, WL Courtyard View/Club Level

25% off ASSp, ASMu, POP

20% off AoA Family Suites

**Discounts slightly lower across all categories for Mar 6-13
** Discounts exclude 3 BR Villas, AoA LM rooms, campsites and GF Villas
Thanks so much for letting us know! Just saved another $50 on my February trip Not huge, but definitely worth 5 minutes of my time (and will buy us dinner one night )
March 2002, May 2003, Nov 2007 - ASMo, Nov 2005 - CSR, April 2007 - CBR, Oct 2008 - POR, Aug 2009 - FW Cabins/Beach Club, Dec 2009 - ASSp (mom/son trip), Aug-Sept 2010-POR/Poly CL, Sept 2011-Poly (mom/son trip), May2012-CBR(anniversary trip), Aug2012-WWoHP and AKL-Kidani, Aug2013-PolyCL, Feb2014-CBR, Feb2015-CBR, Aug2015-PolyCL
jdd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 04:48 PM   #699
meagabytes
Earning My Ears

Is the SPD better than the Fams w/ lil ones? I am traveling with 3 adults and 1 3 year old for a week in Feb.

DH | Me | DS4
meagabytes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 04:53 PM   #700
taterheads
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by meagabytes View Post
Is the SPD better than the Fams w/ lil ones? I am traveling with 3 adults and 1 3 year old for a week in Feb.
SPD will be the better deal for your party because it is geared towards adults. It allows adults to get park tickets and dining plan at children's prices. The families with little ones is geared towards 2 or more kids being in your party to get the better discount.
Old 11-25-2013, 05:03 PM   #701
meagabytes
Earning My Ears

Quote:
SPD will be the better deal for your party because it is geared towards adults. It allows adults to get park tickets and dining plan at children's prices. The families with little ones is geared towards 2 or more kids being in your party to get the better discount.
Thank you so much!

DH | Me | DS4
meagabytes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 10:22 PM   #702
DisneyGuy758
Let's go Murphys!

I just priced out all three offers.

All are the same. 2/10-2/15. DDP. 5 day tix. Two adults, three kids (14, 7, 2).

Little Ones - $3394

SPD - $3421

Room only - $3569

Me DW DS 14 DS 8 DS 2

The DisneyGuy Clan Hits the world...8/10-8/16

My non-Disney related hobby.
DisneyGuy758 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: