Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 06-29-2014, 10:35 AM   #1381
MissDaisyofTexas
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 1,294

Hi--does anyone know how Fast Pass + works with After 2/After 4 p.m. convention tickets? Since we are staying onsite, would we get to reserve rides during those times 60 days in advance like regular tickets? Just trying to figure out if it's worth it to get any of these late afternoon tickets. Thanks!
__________________
Disney Dream 5-night double dip June 2012
Disney Magic 4-night Galveston to Cozumel February 2013
Disney Magic 4-night to Bahamas January 2014
Disney Fantasy 7-night Eastern October 2014
MissDaisyofTexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 11:44 AM   #1382
doconeill


Fastpass Jedi Master
 
doconeill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 16,866

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissDaisyofTexas View Post
Hi--does anyone know how Fast Pass + works with After 2/After 4 p.m. convention tickets? Since we are staying onsite, would we get to reserve rides during those times 60 days in advance like regular tickets? Just trying to figure out if it's worth it to get any of these late afternoon tickets. Thanks!
I believe the convention tickets CAN be linked (I'm pretty sure someone somewhere reported doing it), if you have them in your possession ahead of time. In some cases, convention tickets are given in person at the convention. If you have a room reservation linked as well, you should be able to book at 60 days.

I'm not 100% sure though.
__________________
Doc - WDW Untangled - New: Fastpass+ - Rider Switch - MagicBands - ADR Calculator - WDW MYW Ticket Price Calculator
"WDW is the reason more of us should have paid more attention in Math class." - Me
Commissioner, Official DIS Unplugged Fantasy Football League - MK Conf - EC Conf - HS Conf -2013 Champion oc_tony!
4th Annual New England DISMeet for GiveKidsTheWorld - Oct 3-5, 2014 - Plymouth, MA

doconeill is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 06-29-2014, 01:48 PM   #1383
Lm3js
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 93

Hi,

Yes. After 4 convention tix can be linked and FP+ reserved 60 days as well. I just did mine...
Lm3js is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 10:19 PM   #1384
yolie912
DIS Veteran
 
yolie912's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,057

Hi
I have a reservation for September 9. I am a AP, when can I book? In my MDE it doesn't let me see past July??

Thanks
__________________
yolie912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 06:26 AM   #1385
erionm
DIS Veteran
 
erionm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Longwood, FL
Posts: 13,127

Quote:
Originally Posted by yolie912 View Post
Hi
I have a reservation for September 9. I am a AP, when can I book? In my MDE it doesn't let me see past July??

Thanks
Once you are 60 days from your check-in date, the FP+ selection window will expand to 60 days.

From the 'MyMagic+ for Walt Disney World Annual Passholders' page:
Quote:
If you are an Annual Passholder, you are also invited to plan 7 days of FastPass+ selections within any 30-day period—for 1 park per day. Your 7 days don’t have to be consecutive and you can plan for an additional day as soon as one of your existing days has passed.

You can choose up to 3 FastPass+ experiences per day up to 30 days in advance of your visit—so you can relax and enjoy the moment with your family and friends, knowing that some of your must-do attractions and entertainment are all set.

If you are staying at a Disney Resort hotel, you can make your FastPass+ selections up to 60 days prior to check-in. Plus, you may hold FastPass+ selections for up to 7 days or the length of your hotel stay—whichever is greater!

After you use all of the initial FastPass+ experiences on the day of your visit (or your arrival windows have passed), you can select one additional FastPass+ experience to use that same day (based on availability). The additional FastPass+ experience is a rolling FastPass+ experience—each time you use an additional FastPass+ experience, you can select a new one.

Additional FastPass+ selections must be made at a FastPass+ kiosk within the same park as the FastPass+ experience that you wish to select, and they can be made at a different park from your previous selections.
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/pl...ce/passholder/
__________________
Michael
erionm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 04:05 PM   #1386
sugarcup
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: North East England
Posts: 45

We have 40days to go and need to get our act together! Visited 4 years ago so a lot has changed since then! I have a MDE account and we are staying at sports resort. We need to buy park tickets and organise magic bands and some fastpasses. I think I can understand the bands & fastpass business. Just wanted to check, do I order my park tickets and then get some kind of reference no to then register for magicbands and start making fastpass reservations? I have trawled thru so many threads but cant seem to find this specific info! Thanks
sugarcup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 04:25 PM   #1387
doconeill


Fastpass Jedi Master
 
doconeill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 16,866

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarcup View Post
We have 40days to go and need to get our act together! Visited 4 years ago so a lot has changed since then! I have a MDE account and we are staying at sports resort. We need to buy park tickets and organise magic bands and some fastpasses. I think I can understand the bands & fastpass business. Just wanted to check, do I order my park tickets and then get some kind of reference no to then register for magicbands and start making fastpass reservations? I have trawled thru so many threads but cant seem to find this specific info! Thanks
The MagicBands come as part of a resort reservation. Once the resort reservation is in place, you'll have the opportunity to customize the bands (colors, names) up until about 30 days out. After that they will ship them out (to you in the US, to the resort otherwise).

If you order tickets online or by phone, you will get a willcall order number. If they don't automatically show up (works with some online orders), you'll be able to enter the willcall number to register the tickets. Then you assign them to individuals.

Once the tickets are registered and assigned, you can begin making FP+ reservations at 60 days from check-in.
__________________
Doc - WDW Untangled - New: Fastpass+ - Rider Switch - MagicBands - ADR Calculator - WDW MYW Ticket Price Calculator
"WDW is the reason more of us should have paid more attention in Math class." - Me
Commissioner, Official DIS Unplugged Fantasy Football League - MK Conf - EC Conf - HS Conf -2013 Champion oc_tony!
4th Annual New England DISMeet for GiveKidsTheWorld - Oct 3-5, 2014 - Plymouth, MA

doconeill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 12:49 AM   #1388
sugarcup
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: North East England
Posts: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by doconeill View Post
The MagicBands come as part of a resort reservation. Once the resort reservation is in place, you'll have the opportunity to customize the bands (colors, names) up until about 30 days out. After that they will ship them out (to you in the US, to the resort otherwise).

If you order tickets online or by phone, you will get a willcall order number. If they don't automatically show up (works with some online orders), you'll be able to enter the willcall number to register the tickets. Then you assign them to individuals.

Once the tickets are registered and assigned, you can begin making FP+ reservations at 60 days from check-in.
thank you doconeill. We are in the uk so does this mean that our magic bands will be waiting for us at our hotel check in? What do we do to customise them?
sugarcup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 07:56 AM   #1389
doconeill


Fastpass Jedi Master
 
doconeill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 16,866

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarcup View Post
thank you doconeill. We are in the uk so does this mean that our magic bands will be waiting for us at our hotel check in? What do we do to customise them?
Yes, they will be at the resort.

Customizing is just choosing a color for each individual on the reservation, and adding a name/nickname that is printed on the inside of the band to distinguish them (in case you choose the same colors).
__________________
Doc - WDW Untangled - New: Fastpass+ - Rider Switch - MagicBands - ADR Calculator - WDW MYW Ticket Price Calculator
"WDW is the reason more of us should have paid more attention in Math class." - Me
Commissioner, Official DIS Unplugged Fantasy Football League - MK Conf - EC Conf - HS Conf -2013 Champion oc_tony!
4th Annual New England DISMeet for GiveKidsTheWorld - Oct 3-5, 2014 - Plymouth, MA

doconeill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 09:15 AM   #1390
sugarcup
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: North East England
Posts: 45

again, thank you for your help, doconeill, I feel that I am getting somewhere!!
sugarcup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 09:01 AM   #1391
Mary Diehl
DIS Veteran
 
Mary Diehl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 687

I apologize for my ignorance, but I'm still confused on what are considered "tiers". I see that the rides are listed as A, B, & C. So, do I pick one ride from the A category and then the other two from B and C? Or could I pick all three rides from the A category. Thanks so much!
__________________
(DS 26) (DS 23) (DS 20)
Mary Diehl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 09:02 AM   #1392
mesaboy2
Using a certain word brings out a special kind of cray-cray

 
mesaboy2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 26,744

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary Diehl View Post
I apologize for my ignorance, but I'm still confused on what are considered "tiers". I see that the rides are listed as A, B, & C. So, do I pick one ride from the A category and then the other two from B and C? Or could I pick all three rides from the A category. Thanks so much!
If you are referring to my thread, Tier 1s are in red, everything is is not. This is explained below the suggested priority list.
mesaboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 12:27 PM   #1393
siskaren
DIS Veteran
 
siskaren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Aurora, IL
Posts: 8,399

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary Diehl View Post
I apologize for my ignorance, but I'm still confused on what are considered "tiers". I see that the rides are listed as A, B, & C. So, do I pick one ride from the A category and then the other two from B and C? Or could I pick all three rides from the A category. Thanks so much!
The A, B, and C categories are rankings. Attractions labeled with an A are the best use of a FP, B is not as good as A but better than C, and C is most likely not worth using FP for.
siskaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:49 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: