Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-10-2013, 06:30 AM   #1
CaptainJackNO
Ph.D. in Disneology

Good morning, everyone. We were looking for a clean, inexpensive, and safe offsite hotel to stay in the night before we checked in at WDW for our family vacation. Well, we found that very thing in the Comfort Inn and Suites Maingate East. We stayed here last night. The hotel is about 10 mins from DTD, and it met our expectations.
The hotel is set off from 192, so you don't have to worry about being directly on that neon jungle. In addition, the hotel is fairly new. The lobby is beautiful and the hotel has ample parking. I know many people are always concerned about the damp, humid smell on offsite accommodations, and while the hallway had a slight hint of that, the rooms were perfect. The rooms have that ultra clean, new smell I must have in a hotel. On top of that, the entire hotel was immaculately clean. The staff was friendly, as well. Big plus? Security. I always am squeamish staying in Kissimmee due to worrying about safety, especially my vehicle while asleep. What's awesome here? They have a security guard that walks the parking lot all night. This is a great place to start your stay, folks. I will stay here again for my pre check-in night. Off to pop century, catch you all later!

Last edited by CaptainJackNO; 02-10-2013 at 06:36 AM.
CaptainJackNO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 04:25 PM   #2
spiceycat
Own at BWV, VWL and BLT
It happens every night on the Bay Lake side

glad you were happy.

have not stayed in that hotel yet

thanks for the review

spiceycat is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-11-2013, 03:54 PM   #3
MrsJackSparrow
Secretly has the hots for Capt. Jack Sparrow
Tag Fairy thinks that Captain Jean Luc Picard would be a better candidate for your hots!

Have to give another thumbs up to Comfort Suites Maingate East. Stayed here with extended family in 2 rooms over Thanksgiving 2008 prior to our WDW checkin and everyone STILL raves about what a gorgeous room and view we had, how terrific the breakfast buffet was, and just what a great experience overall. We had a late checkin - after 10pm - and everyone was so courteous and helpful. Rooms were in very good order, and much more spacious, sadly, for much less $$$ than what we had at All-Star Sports preferred. Family that we traveled with has used this hotel again since our 2008 visit. Easy to get to, close to everything, and just very nice all around.

Disneyland 5 times '75 to '84; WDW CR 1980; DL 7/91; WDW POFQ Honeymoon 7/94; ASMu 8/97 and POFQ 9/97; POFQ 9/02; AS Sports 9/03; 1st time AP: POP 7/04; Back to POP! 10/04; Pop Century 6/05; Pop Century 8/06; AS Sports 9/07; ASMovies 9/08; Thanksgiving week at AS Sports 11/08 with DILs; AS Sports 9/09 bounceback; Disneyland 10/09; AS Sports 9/10 bounceback; 8/11 POFQ InLaws' 50th Anniversary Grand Gathering; 7/12 POFQ; 7/13, 11/13, 4/14, 7/14, 11/14 Bonnet Creek Resort
MrsJackSparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 06:40 PM   #4
Toy Story Fan
Mouseketeer

We stayed at this hotel in Nov. 2005. We had a great time. The kids loved the pool and the adults loved the hot tub. Breakfast was a great bonus. When I first booked this hotel, my travel agent accidentally thought it was Comfort Suites Maingate. There is a big difference between Comfort Suites Maingate and Comfort Suites Maingate EAST. I'm glad I caught the mistake.
Toy Story Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 11:44 AM   #5
JayhawkFans
Mouseketeer

Can you provide me with the physical address for this particular property. I'm having trouble finding it on the Comfort Inn's website.

Thanks
Sarah
JayhawkFans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 01:12 PM   #6
fuzzy164
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayhawkFans View Post
Can you provide me with the physical address for this particular property. I'm having trouble finding it on the Comfort Inn's website.

Thanks
Sarah
Comfort Inn and Suites Maingate East
2775 Florida Plaza Blvd Kissimmee, FL 34746, United States
+1 407-397-7848
fuzzy164 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 03:19 PM   #7
DOOM1001
DIS Veteran

192 has fewer good hotels every day as the area gets older,I wouldn't even consider staying east of 535 on 192 as the neighborhood gets worse as you go east,I normally stay on International Drive or Lake Buena Vista but this is one of the hotels on 192 that's actually very good,I haven't stayed there recently as it's prices have gone up from a couple years ago and I can usually get hotels with lower prices in I-Drive or LBV but I would love to stay there again if it's still as good as it was on my visits.
Old 02-19-2013, 09:19 PM   #8
tngal
DIS Veteran

Glad to have found this good review! we are booked here for one night during may before we head on over to POR to start our first ever WDW vacation! Thanks again!

Lisa
tngal is offline   Reply With Quote