Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-08-2013, 08:59 PM   #16
MickeyNicki
It is pretty darn sad when a valet picks you out as a big Boma eater

We ate there for the first time this past Oct and it was out of bounds excellent! Service was the best we have ever had in WDW, the live music was awesome, the food was amazing! The menu is not what WDW or Allears has listed, go to the Maya Grill webpage for the real one or you can click on my Oct link in my signature for a full review and pics

DH loved it so much he put it on a must do list for all of our trips, yes it is the one place he will go out of his way for!
MickeyNicki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 11:12 AM   #17
cigar95
DIS weakest link

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colleen27 View Post
. . . . . But when relying on Disney transport it is a hassle to get to any of the moderate resorts for a meal - they aren't close to any park, so there's no walking/boating/monorail option like there is for the restaurants at the MK and Epcot area resorts. Even Boatwrights is a little easier, because you can enjoy the leisurely boat ride to DTD to catch a bus back to your resort. But for Maya Grill (or Shutters at CBR, or Boma/Jiko/Sanaa at AKL) your only option is a bus ride to a park to get on another bus back to your resort.
Gotcha - it isn't specific to CSR.
Quote:
If looking for a current menu, I'd recommend looking at the restaurant web site (http://mayagrillrestaurant.com/). All the food service at CSR is contracted out rather than run by Disney directly, and the company's own web site seems to be more accurate and updated in a more timely fashion than WDW's official site or the unofficial planning sites.
Interesting - this might be the only WDW restaurant I can think of with its own web site. (The Landry's & Levy places have sites through the company, as do the Swolphin restaurants, but this one has its own domain and everything.)

Looking there, it seems that the official WDW site (the "old one", at least) does have the current menu. It has certainly evolved away from the steakhouse direction that they had moved in back in the mid-2000s.

This place is run by the San Angel Company, yes?
cigar95 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-09-2013, 02:05 PM   #18
JennyDrake
Darkwing Duck's Biggest Fan

I ate there and like others was pleasantly surprised. EVERYTHING was very good--and I am a Hard Core Foodie.
Old 04-09-2013, 02:22 PM   #19
Colleen27
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cigar95 View Post
Gotcha - it isn't specific to CSR.

Interesting - this might be the only WDW restaurant I can think of with its own web site. (The Landry's & Levy places have sites through the company, as do the Swolphin restaurants, but this one has its own domain and everything.)

Looking there, it seems that the official WDW site (the "old one", at least) does have the current menu. It has certainly evolved away from the steakhouse direction that they had moved in back in the mid-2000s.

This place is run by the San Angel Company, yes?
I think so. And I can only think of one other on-property restaurant with its' own web site - Raglan Road. I'm not sure if any of the other third-party restaurants in DTD do or not because I've never had occasion to look. But RR, like the non-park Landry restaurants, only releases some of their capacity through the Disney booking system so they're another one I've had occasion to contact directly to reserve a table.

Colleen27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 03:55 PM   #20
Conan the Librarian
Been Visting the Mouse since 1972

We use to regularly eat at the Maya until we adopted our 13yo (now 17...anyone want a free kid?)

Have always liked the food here. Several years ago they had this wonderful cream of mushroom soup that I wish they would bring back. It was a bowl full of heaven!

As for getting there, we sometimes drive there, sometimes take the bus from DTD. Or, if we are at a park, just take their bus and then on to DTD. You are going to end up there anyway, you might as well go.

Geek the Library! I Geek Astronomy!

s his

Before 2010 too many trips to count starting in 1972

2010 Feb (off site), May SSR, Oct HHI.
2011 May SSR, Oct HHI
2012 Feb (off site), May SSR
2013 Feb OKW, May SSR, Dec Ft. W

2004 POR-Pop Century(May),POR (Oct), Ft Wilderness(Dec) 2005 HH(Jan), way off site(Feb), POR-Polynesian(May), Carribbean Beach(Oct), POP (Nov for Three Dog Night), Ft Wilderness (Dec)

2006 HHI (Jan) Daytrip (Feb), BCV (Apr/May) HHI (Nov) Ft Wilderness (Dec)2007 HHI (Jan) Daytrip (Feb), BCV (Apr/May) HHI (Nov) Ft Wilderness (Dec)

2008 HHI (Jan), Daytrip (Feb), SS (May), BV? (Oct)
2009 POP(Feb)WLV (Mar), SSR(May), SSR(Sept), FtW (Dec), HHI?(Dec)
Conan the Librarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 08:00 PM   #21
Cruisin Dave
Earning My Ears

Thanks for all the wonderful reviews. DW and I will be staying at CSR next month. We have resies for the Maya Grill the night we arrive. Looking forward to our first time ar WDW and at CSR.
Cruisin Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 02:26 PM   #22
Conan the Librarian
Been Visting the Mouse since 1972

Ask for a seat by the fountain. It's special.

Geek the Library! I Geek Astronomy!

s his

Before 2010 too many trips to count starting in 1972

2010 Feb (off site), May SSR, Oct HHI.
2011 May SSR, Oct HHI
2012 Feb (off site), May SSR
2013 Feb OKW, May SSR, Dec Ft. W

2004 POR-Pop Century(May),POR (Oct), Ft Wilderness(Dec) 2005 HH(Jan), way off site(Feb), POR-Polynesian(May), Carribbean Beach(Oct), POP (Nov for Three Dog Night), Ft Wilderness (Dec)

2006 HHI (Jan) Daytrip (Feb), BCV (Apr/May) HHI (Nov) Ft Wilderness (Dec)2007 HHI (Jan) Daytrip (Feb), BCV (Apr/May) HHI (Nov) Ft Wilderness (Dec)

2008 HHI (Jan), Daytrip (Feb), SS (May), BV? (Oct)
2009 POP(Feb)WLV (Mar), SSR(May), SSR(Sept), FtW (Dec), HHI?(Dec)
Conan the Librarian is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: