Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-07-2012, 06:07 PM   #46
Gumbo4x4
Note to the ladies who forgot to check - we don't mind. Signed, "The guys"

Quote:
Originally Posted by antmaril View Post
This drives me crazy. Why in the world does she use an acronym to shorten a phrase and then says the words which explain the acronym.
Ever watch Dick Vitale announce a basketball game?

I agree though - if you have to explain the abreviation, it's not a valid abreviation
Old 10-07-2012, 06:11 PM   #47
lizabu
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoney View Post
I'm 40 and I think it mean "shut the f up!" but in the context of "you're kidding me!" and not "stop talking".

When someone says something you just can't believe, some people will respond with "shut up"...or "no way" or "you're kidding me".
It does mean the same thing. Shut the eff up is the same as when you say "shut up" as an expression of astonishment. The eff I think is supposed to make it more dramatic I think like how Elaine on Seinfeld would shove a person when she said shut up. To make it more dramatic.
lizabu is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-07-2012, 07:34 PM   #48
mikron
Donald Pin Collector

I think her best saying is shut the front of the safety deposit box door. I think she should get lots of credit for what she has done in her life with no formal traning in cooking and cerated a huge empire.
Old 10-07-2012, 10:25 PM   #49
jiminyC_fan
Missing Captain Mickey!
always let your conscience be your guide
Gotta love popcorn!

I used to really like her years ago. She now gets on my nerves. She's too old for the baby talk for one and our local news station interviewed her and she was so condesending to a waiter by calling him "boy" and with a with an attitude. I haven't watched her since. I'm not real sure she knew the cameras were rolling when she called him that. I lost all respect for her from that day forward.

Last edited by jiminyC_fan; 10-07-2012 at 10:32 PM.
jiminyC_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 10:29 PM   #50
kimmar067
We have squash and zucchini coming outta the wazoo
I just shot coffee through my NOSE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maslex View Post
OP here. I have to say that not only does Rachael Ray seem over exaggerated these days but so does Paula Deen. A few months ago I saw one of her first episodes of Paula's Dishes (or something like that) and I have to say that I really liked it.

But these days, it's almost as if she's overly dramatic when she talks and whenever she takes a bite of something. I really wish these people would act like themselves and not have to seem like they are trying to hard. Even though I really like her shows too, I have to watch them sparingly or else, my head hurts.
....mus be from the excessive buttah......y'owllllll.....
July 1992~off-site Dec 1999~CSR Feb 2001~DxL Nov 2001~Dolphin July 2002~CBR Aug 2002~WL Feb 2005~AKL/concierge Feb 2005~AKL Aug 2006~PoP C Aug 2006~AKL Dec 2007~DolphinJuly/Aug 2010~Mystic Dunes April 2013 ~ AKL"That's IT! The absolutely, positively VERY LAST Marino....." "We WEREN'T the 'Castle Family', We Didn't..." "The Trippie Who Hath..."
I've been BOO'ED!!!
kimmar067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 06:16 AM   #51
mhsjax
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disykat View Post
Aw,that's something I didn't know! I know "shut up" is sometimes used in astonishment, but I've never heard anyone say the other as anything but a way of trying to get people to be quiet - right now!
Oh yeah, one of my best friends says this all the time. Actually if it is really something she doesn't believe or she is in total shock about something she will scream SHUT UP. My DD will listen in the phone just to hear her scream that, it is hysterical.
mhsjax is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: