Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-03-2013, 11:19 AM   #2446
Crew-JTA
Romans 8:28

I posted this on another thread, but it might be more appropriate here.
We have a large group going in December (for my wedding :-). Some have bought tickets from Undercover Tourist, some will get them from Disney, and DF and I were given AP vouchers as part of the wedding package. Will the UT tickets and the AP vouchers be able to become Magicbands before we get there? I'd hate to lose out on the advance benefits of FP+

Thanks so much!

Tamara
Old 08-03-2013, 11:33 AM   #2447
LucyBC80
DIS Veteran

For those of us who have booked packages with Disney for 2014, when do you think they will start sending the magic bands to our homes? I'd really like to choose the color of my magic band. Is there somewhere on the MDE where can I do this already?
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-03-2013, 11:45 AM   #2448
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crew-JTA View Post
I posted this on another thread, but it might be more appropriate here.
We have a large group going in December (for my wedding :-). Some have bought tickets from Undercover Tourist, some will get them from Disney, and DF and I were given AP vouchers as part of the wedding package. Will the UT tickets and the AP vouchers be able to become Magicbands before we get there? I'd hate to lose out on the advance benefits of FP+

Thanks so much!

Tamara
IF (and that's a big if... ) it is fully rolled out by then, then they all should be.

If they are all staying on site, they should all get MagicBands by default. If not, Disney has said they would make them available for purchase.

MagicBands will NOT be required for FP+ anyways. Whatever ticket media you have, as long as it is RFID, will work for FP+. If they are not RFID, they will need to convert them to RFID media at a ticket booth.

The challenge will be in trying to organize any FP+ choices in advance, since tickets will need to be registered online to do that.
4th Annual New England DISMeet for GiveKidsTheWorld - Oct 3-5, 2014 - Plymouth, MA

doconeill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 12:34 PM   #2449
Crew-JTA

Quote:
Originally Posted by doconeill View Post

IF (and that's a big if... ) it is fully rolled out by then, then they all should be.

If they are all staying on site, they should all get MagicBands by default. If not, Disney has said they would make them available for purchase.

MagicBands will NOT be required for FP+ anyways. Whatever ticket media you have, as long as it is RFID, will work for FP+. If they are not RFID, they will need to convert them to RFID media at a ticket booth.

The challenge will be in trying to organize any FP+ choices in advance, since tickets will need to be registered online to do that.

Ahhhh. I haven't registered the tickets that have already been purchased so it sounds like I should do that - I was planning on it anyway. Glad to know you don't have to have the MagicBands for FP+ but since I won't activate our AP until we get there (currently in voucher form) I wonder what to do about that. We are all staying on property.

Normally I wouldn't really worry about such things but our time is limited and I'm really trying to make things extra special for our family and friends who may not make it back to Disney.

Thanks for your help. It's all a bit confusing, but I'll try and keep up :-)

Tamara
Old 08-03-2013, 12:46 PM   #2450
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crew-JTA View Post
Ahhhh. I haven't registered the tickets that have already been purchased so it sounds like I should do that - I was planning on it anyway. Glad to know you don't have to have the MagicBands for FP+ but since I won't activate our AP until we get there (currently in voucher form) I wonder what to do about that. We are all staying on property.

Normally I wouldn't really worry about such things but our time is limited and I'm really trying to make things extra special for our family and friends who may not make it back to Disney.

Thanks for your help. It's all a bit confusing, but I'll try and keep up :-)

Tamara
I wouldn't worry too much about registering until you are:

1) Within 60 days, and;

2) Know you can take part

Otherwise, you might just get a lot of indigestion as the system will alternately tell you the tickets are invalid, perfectly fine, then disappear completely but can't be re-registered, belong to someone else, or were used last Tuesday. Let the bugs get worked out as much as possible before doing it.

Right now people with vouchers are having trouble anyways, depending if they were purchased before or after they started changing to the new system.
4th Annual New England DISMeet for GiveKidsTheWorld - Oct 3-5, 2014 - Plymouth, MA

Old 08-03-2013, 02:03 PM   #2451
Crew-JTA

Quote:
Originally Posted by doconeill View Post

I wouldn't worry too much about registering until you are:

1) Within 60 days, and;

2) Know you can take part

Otherwise, you might just get a lot of indigestion as the system will alternately tell you the tickets are invalid, perfectly fine, then disappear completely but can't be re-registered, belong to someone else, or were used last Tuesday. Let the bugs get worked out as much as possible before doing it.

Right now people with vouchers are having trouble anyways, depending if they were purchased before or after they started changing to the new system.

Haaaaaa! Your explanation sounds just about right! It's exactly how I imagine :-)

I'll just put it on the list of many things to do 60 days out. So much wedding planning, but it's so worth it!!

Thanks again :-)

Tamara
Old 08-03-2013, 02:43 PM   #2452
photo_chick
Knows a little about a lot of things, a lot about nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucyBC80 View Post
For those of us who have booked packages with Disney for 2014, when do you think they will start sending the magic bands to our homes? I'd really like to choose the color of my magic band. Is there somewhere on the MDE where can I do this already?
I'm July 2014 and cannot pick a band color yet. I'm guessing that if it's rolled out before my dates it will be closer to the 60 day window when that option pops up. Right now on the Magic Band page I just get information about testing.

photo_chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 03:11 PM   #2453
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by photo_chick View Post
I'm July 2014 and cannot pick a band color yet. I'm guessing that if it's rolled out before my dates it will be closer to the 60 day window when that option pops up. Right now on the Magic Band page I just get information about testing.
Almost certainly you won't be able to pick colors or customize at all until you are "eligible". What that will mean when this is fully live is uncertain, but the 60 day mark seems sensible as that also lines up with online check-in as well.

How AP holders will be handled remains to be seen.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: