Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-21-2013, 12:13 PM   #31
livndisney
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 9,087

Quote:
Originally Posted by StitchesGr8Fan View Post
Different bubbles have different ingredients. They make them to last longer, be colored, be scented, be bigger. Glycerine is one of the main ingredients and some people do have contact allergies to glycerine.
So the reality is people are not allergic to "bubbles", they are allergic to an ingredient that "may" be in some bubbles.
livndisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 01:36 PM   #32
StitchesGr8Fan
DIS Veteran
 
StitchesGr8Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 3,678

Quote:
Originally Posted by livndisney View Post

So the reality is people are not allergic to "bubbles", they are allergic to an ingredient that "may" be in some bubbles.
I believe all bubbles have glycerine, and some people are allergic to glycerine.

But heaven forbid someone should suggest that a child not do something that inconveniences, annoys,or cause a problem for other people, and instead entertain them another way. Children love noisemakers. We could give them those to play with in line. Or air horns. :rollseyes
__________________
'86-offsite, '91-Buena Vista Palace, '92-offsite, '97-offsite, '98-Magic Music Days, '06-ASMu, '07-FtW, '09-ASMu,'10-POR,'12-Poly (Honeymoon!)
'14 - Pop
StitchesGr8Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 07-21-2013, 02:31 PM   #33
livndisney
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 9,087

Quote:
Originally Posted by StitchesGr8Fan View Post
I believe all bubbles have glycerine, and some people are allergic to glycerine.

But heaven forbid someone should suggest that a child not do something that inconveniences, annoys,or cause a problem for other people, and instead entertain them another way. Children love noisemakers. We could give them those to play with in line. Or air horns. :rollseyes
It's funny, but I checked the bubbles we have and they don't have glycerine oddly enough neither does any of the liquid soap we would use to make bubble solution.
livndisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 04:14 PM   #34
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders
 
maxiesmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: The West side of the mitten
Posts: 22,636

Quote:
Originally Posted by livndisney View Post
"Don't want" is very different that claiming an allergy.
I was trying to point out another reason blowing bubbles in line is not a good idea. I for sure wouldn't want bubbles on my camera. And I'm sure others don't want them on their I Phones, or on their I Pods, or on their clothing. Not to mention that stuff is slippery as all get out when it spills.

Until someone finds a way to control where the bubbles float, it is really a bad idea to blow them in a confined space. People should no more blow bubbles in line than they should smoke in line, or spray silly string in line, or mist everyone with their little fan bottles in line.
maxiesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 04:25 PM   #35
livndisney
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 9,087

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxiesmom View Post
I was trying to point out another reason blowing bubbles in line is not a good idea. I for sure wouldn't want bubbles on my camera. And I'm sure others don't want them on their I Phones, or on their I Pods, or on their clothing. Not to mention that stuff is slippery as all get out when it spills.

Until someone finds a way to control where the bubbles float, it is really a bad idea to blow them in a confined space. People should no more blow bubbles in line than they should smoke in line, or spray silly string in line, or mist everyone with their little fan bottles in line.
A lot of this is all opinion. You don't want bubbles in line. You don't think it is a good idea. Disney on the other hand SELLS bubbles and has CMs stationed in various locations with bubbles. They have shows and parades with bubbles. Disney has rules about smoking in line. To my knowledge they have no issue with bubbles in line.
livndisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 04:33 PM   #36
Schmeck
Funny thing is now my 17 year old naps almost every day and so do I!

 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Massachusetts Strong!
Posts: 8,492

Quote:
Originally Posted by livndisney View Post
A lot of this is all opinion. You don't want bubbles in line. You don't think it is a good idea. Disney on the other hand SELLS bubbles and has CMs stationed in various locations with bubbles. They have shows and parades with bubbles. Disney has rules about smoking in line. To my knowledge they have no issue with bubbles in line.
They don't have rules about farting in line - do you do that too?
__________________
July '13 - CBR Aug '14 - PC
Mar '13 - PC Aug '12 - PC (Best Trip Ever!)
Aug '10 - PC June '08 - ASMo (school trip)
Aug '05 - BC Aug '04 - PC, AKL
Oct '02 - AKL, POR May '99 - CBR
May '96 - CBR Dec '80 - offsite
Schmeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 04:41 PM   #37
livndisney
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 9,087

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmeck View Post
They don't have rules about farting in line - do you do that too?
I am sure people DO fart in line.
livndisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 04:48 PM   #38
princessK30
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 87

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmy3 View Post

What happens when a floating bubble pops in your eye? It stings, gets, watery and red for a long time after that. What happens when a floating peanut pops in your eye? I'm not sure, cant say its ever happened to me or anyone I know. There is a good chance one of those things might happen and a good chance the other might not
You've clearly never been on a plane when they announce "no peanuts will be given out on this flight due to a passenger with severe peanut allergry" - it was an allergy exposure comparison, nothing to do with floating ability.
princessK30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 04:50 PM   #39
Gracie09
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 2,082

Quote:
Originally Posted by livndisney View Post
A lot of this is all opinion. You don't want bubbles in line. You don't think it is a good idea. Disney on the other hand SELLS bubbles and has CMs stationed in various locations with bubbles. They have shows and parades with bubbles. Disney has rules about smoking in line. To my knowledge they have no issue with bubbles in line.
So you would be ok if my kids blew an airhorn, or we sprayed perfume or big spray or hairspray etc in line. Disney has no rules about any of these items in line but I would t use them because it just simply rude and other people could have issues with them.
Kids chase bubbles causing them to run into other people in line. Bubbles can make the floor slippery causing a falling hazard especially for the elderly and disabled. When they pop they leave a film on people, phones, cameras etc.
If there was absolutely no other way in the whole world to entertain your child while in line, maybe there is an argument to be made to use bubbles, but that is not the case. Talking, singing, play dough, stickers, games all can be done on line with little to no disturbance to those around you.
As for things Disney sells, Disney sells items that are not always appropriate to use in every situation. They sell alcohol even though you can't drink it every where. They sell balloons even though you can't bring them to ak or akl. If a cm is blowing bubbles and you ask them to stop they will. They don't blow bubbles in confined spaces like lines. There is a difference between a space where someone can avoid bubble and someone blowing bubbles behind me and I have to get hit with them.
Gracie09 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 05:01 PM   #40
livndisney
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 9,087

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracie09 View Post
So you would be ok if my kids blew an airhorn, or we sprayed perfume or big spray or hairspray etc in line. Disney has no rules about any of these items in line but I would t use them because it just simply rude and other people could have issues with them.
Kids chase bubbles causing them to run into other people in line. Bubbles can make the floor slippery causing a falling hazard especially for the elderly and disabled. When they pop they leave a film on people, phones, cameras etc.
If there was absolutely no other way in the whole world to entertain your child while in line, maybe there is an argument to be made to use bubbles, but that is not the case. Talking, singing, play dough, stickers, games all can be done on line with little to no disturbance to those around you.
As for things Disney sells, Disney sells items that are not always appropriate to use in every situation. They sell alcohol even though you can't drink it every where. They sell balloons even though you can't bring them to ak or akl. If a cm is blowing bubbles and you ask them to stop they will. They don't blow bubbles in confined spaces like lines. There is a difference between a space where someone can avoid bubble and someone blowing bubbles behind me and I have to get hit with them.
You are proving the point I was trying to make. WDW sells alcohol but limits where you can drink it. WDW sells bubbles and does not limit where you can use them. The Dis is the only place I have seen anyone have a problem with bubbles.
livndisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 05:08 PM   #41
Gracie09
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 2,082

Quote:
Originally Posted by livndisney View Post
You are proving the point I was trying to make. WDW sells alcohol but limits where you can drink it. WDW sells bubbles and does not limit where you can use them. The Dis is the only place I have seen anyone have a problem with bubbles.
Because for whatever reason people lose all common sense when they go to Disney. It's all about them and their snowflake. People do t bring bubbles to other places where they are not appropriate.

And my point is that it's not appropriate to drink alcohol in all areas of wdw. Just like its not appropriate to blow bubbles in confines spaces.
Gracie09 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 05:32 PM   #42
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders
 
maxiesmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: The West side of the mitten
Posts: 22,636

Quote:
Originally Posted by livndisney View Post
A lot of this is all opinion. You don't want bubbles in line. You don't think it is a good idea. Disney on the other hand SELLS bubbles and has CMs stationed in various locations with bubbles. They have shows and parades with bubbles. Disney has rules about smoking in line. To my knowledge they have no issue with bubbles in line.
It is not my opinion that bubbles and electronics don't mix well. That is a fact. It is not my opinion the bubble solution is slippery, that is a fact

Disney may not have a published rule about using bubbles in line, but it is still rude. Just as it is rude to squirt people with the misting fans. Disney shouldn't have to post instructions to not squirt people with your fan, or blow bubbles at them, as they might not like it. But posts like yours just proves again that common courtesy isn't that common anymore.
maxiesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 05:40 PM   #43
livndisney
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 9,087

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxiesmom View Post
It is not my opinion that bubbles and electronics don't mix well. That is a fact. It is not my opinion the bubble solution is slippery, that is a fact

Disney may not have a published rule about using bubbles in line, but it is still rude. Just as it is rude to squirt people with the misting fans. Disney shouldn't have to post instructions to not squirt people with your fan, or blow bubbles at them, as they might not like it. But posts like yours just proves again that common courtesy isn't that common anymore.
Posts like mine? What did I say that was not common sense?
livndisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 07:05 PM   #44
Gracie09
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 2,082

You know next trip I think I'll bring water guns for my kids to play with on line. There is no rule against it. Who cares tht other people in line may not want to get squirt with a water gun. My family is my priority you don't like it tough nuggies.
Gracie09 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:47 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.