Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reservations
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-18-2013, 08:30 PM   #1
Bagheera23608
Bagheera23608

BOG Lunch

Hi all - a friend was in WDW last week (Valentine's Day/Mardi Gras). She says you have to have ADRs for LUNCH or just to go in and look around.

It's my understanding that lunch at BOG is CS during lunch, so no reservations are taken.

Anyone there VERY recently who can verify? Thanks so much!
Old 02-18-2013, 09:39 PM   #2
chloelovesdisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagheera23608 View Post
Hi all - a friend was in WDW last week (Valentine's Day/Mardi Gras). She says you have to have ADRs for LUNCH or just to go in and look around.

It's my understanding that lunch at BOG is CS during lunch, so no reservations are taken.

I had lunch at BOG in December and last week. It is a counter service location at lunch, no adr needed. You just wait on line with everyone else to order, then sit and they bring the food to your table. I had the potato leek soup and steak sandwich both times, yummy.

chloelovesdisney is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-18-2013, 09:47 PM   #3
Bagheera23608
Bagheera23608

I just spoke to her and that's what happened to her. She didn't get to go in the castle at all b/c a cast member said she had to have ADRs, at lunch time! I'm really thinking she just ran across the wrong cast member.....
Old 02-18-2013, 11:28 PM   #4
jwfla422
DIS Veteran/Philly Native

Quote:

As the prior poster mentioned, no ADRs at lunch (nor can you make one), it is counter service at LUNCH only. We waited about a 1/2 hr in line for lunch which wasn't bad, about 2 weeks ago.

Feel free to check out my review with photos and descriptions. Food is good and the experience is almost like an "attraction".

http://www.disneydiningreviews.com/b...-review-jw.htm
jwfla422 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 02:10 AM   #5
hotcarib
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwfla422 View Post
As the prior poster mentioned, no ADRs at lunch (nor can you make one), it is counter service at LUNCH only. We waited about a 1/2 hr in line for lunch which wasn't bad, about 2 weeks ago.

Feel free to check out my review with photos and descriptions. Food is good and the experience is almost like an "attraction".

http://www.disneydiningreviews.com/b...-review-jw.htm
Wow!
Loved your review and photos, thanks so much!

hotcarib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 08:22 AM   #6
PacoDF
Mouseketeer

How long is the wait currently for lunch at BoG?
PacoDF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 09:49 AM   #7
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

You do not have to have an ADR for lunch (in fact, there's no such thing), but you also can't just go in to look around. You must stand in the ordering line and go through the ordering process to gain access to the dining rooms. If you don't order anything, you don't go in.
Old 02-24-2013, 02:25 PM   #8
LaurenT
DIS Veteran

They are allowing "sneak peeks" to guests who want to take a look before lunch begins, but be aware that you can only see the ballroom.
We had dinner there this past week (beautiful). During dinner you cannot see the Rose Gallery, so we stopped by around 9:30 on our next day and were told that we could take a sneak peek....wasn't till we went in that we were told it was just the Ballroom, which we had already dined in....

Just me and the mouse! Nov 2014 POFQ
Mommy and Me trip! April 2015 offsite
The Whole Gang Aug 2015 AKL
LaurenT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 09:37 PM   #9
Maisey13
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Read on another blog that they were testing FAST PASS for BOG, so maybe on that particular day it was entry only with a FP rather than an ADR? Just a thought!
Maisey13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 11:05 PM   #10
hotcarib
DIS Veteran

Lord almighty,
So much misinformation!
We had lunch there last week and you do not need a reservation, it is a quick serve meal and they are a bit picky about who (are not dining there) they let in to look around (past closing time). We were really lucky, walked up at a bit past 2, asked about the queue, joined in and waited 20 minutes until 'rose' ordering time. I had the pork and DH had the steak sandwich...my pork was great, his sandwich 'ok'. He had berry cupcake 'ok' and I had passion fruit choux; filling was great, choux not so much. We also had an amazing supper there on Sunday nite.

hotcarib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 07:36 PM   #11
BonitaMc
Earning My Ears

I was at WDW last week with 3 family members. One of our must dos was to eat at BOG. I tried to make a reservation before we left home but was not successful. We arrived at the restaurant about 9:30am, the cast member there told us that lunch is first come, first serve. Reservations were mandatory for dinner. She said that it opened at 10:30 and we should come and line up around 10-10:15. We went to visit Ariel's Undersea Adventure and then returned to que. There were a few people ahead of us, we waited about 20 minutes and we were in! It was absolutely delightful!!! the food was good, especially the desserts. We were seated inthe ballroom, but when we were finished eating,we walked around with our cameras for a good 20minutes before leaving. On my way out, someone ask me some survey questions and he mentioned they were testing out using a FP for this restaurant. I was very happy to be able to get in and see the place. I think Disney did an amazing job!
BonitaMc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 03:53 AM   #12
aubriee
Chocolate always makes things better

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonitaMc View Post
.... We were seated in the ballroom, but when we were finished eating,we walked around with our cameras for a good 20minutes before leaving. On my way out, someone ask me some survey questions and he mentioned they were testing out using a FP for this restaurant. I was very happy to be able to get in and see the place. I think Disney did an amazing job!
I thought since lunch is CS that you could choose which room to sit in. Are they seating you now? We have a dinner reservation for midMay but was planning on eating lunch there earlier in the week. We'd really like to be seated in the two smaller rooms, not the ballroom, and since the room with the Belle and the Beast globe is not open at dinner, had planned on sitting in there for lunch, then requesting Beast's study for dinner a few nights later. I'd hate to be seated in the same room for both meals.
aubriee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 09:26 AM   #13
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

You can choose which room to sit in at lunch.

The Beast's study is not a dining room. It's the ordering room for the CS lunch. The Beast greets guests there at dinner.

The dining rooms are the ballroom, the West Wing (the smallest) and the Rose Room which is usually not open at dinner.
Old 03-08-2013, 11:48 AM   #14
wishicouldgomoreofte
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I just spoke to her and that's what happened to her. She didn't get to go in the castle at all b/c a cast member said she had to have ADRs, at lunch time! I'm really thinking she just ran across the wrong cast member.....
More likely she misunderstood the CM.
Happens all the time. People misunderstand cast members.
And cast members misunderstand guest questions too.
Thank goodness for the Dis!
Old 03-08-2013, 01:34 PM   #15
aubriee
Chocolate always makes things better

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDC Nala View Post
You can choose which room to sit in at lunch.

The Beast's study is not a dining room. It's the ordering room for the CS lunch. The Beast greets guests there at dinner.

The dining rooms are the ballroom, the West Wing (the smallest) and the Rose Room which is usually not open at dinner.
Duh, West Wing is what I meant. Actually I knew that. Don't know why I called it the Beast's Study.
aubriee is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: