Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Today, 05:15 AM   #3361
fla4fun
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post

fla4fun's post above mentions a SV room they had that had a partial BWV. They checked the "BWV" box for OCI and did in fact get a partial BWV, but no balcony. So just be aware that if you get one of the few SV rooms that has a BWV, you might not have a balcony and it's only a partial BWV.
Me again! I stopped by BWI to check in this morning on my way to work, and ended up in the 82-86 range of rooms again with a standard view booked. I took a couple minutes to check out the room while I was there. This time I do have a balcony (although I didn't take the time to go out on it as I didn't want to be late for work) and it overlooks the same central courtyard with a partial BW view. I did not check the "Boardwalk view" box this time though. I requested a room near the elevator. It was sooooooo hard to leave the room and go to work, but at least I can go straight to the room when I get there.
fla4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:35 AM   #3362
Gondingl
All you need is Pixie Dust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisvee View Post
As a paying resort guest (not dvc member or staying on pts) you get mouse keeping every day. I stayed at SSR last fall and they came every day.
Thanks for the info! Its always a bit of a challenge to keep track of whose towel is whose for my family and I!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy View Post
Occasionally, my dds will fight and i'll send them to the bed with DW. I then have slept on the sleeper sofa at BWV and other DVC resorts and have found them to be comfortable.
Thanks! I'm going to skip on the air mattress then!
Register to remove

Old Today, 12:43 PM   #3363
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocoabean1 View Post
First time staying at BWV, in a 1 bedroom unit, do all villas have a balcony?
I believe they all have a balcony or a patio.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rea59 View Post
Yes WDWKOOK I was surprised that the rooms on the 4th floor weren't completed when we checked in. We saw construction workers on both the 3rd and 4th floor every day and they were working on the Governer's Suite (I think that's the right name) the whole time we were there. We didn't hear any noise at all from the construction. I know there have been some complaints about the design and color choices of the new carpet and curtains but I thought it all looked great.

As far as where I'll stay for my next trip it's a toss up between my 2 favorites, BWI or WL. I love both resorts equally but I like the convenience of the Epcot area more than the MK area. It's always such a tough decision.

Thank you so much for all of the valuable information you provide on both of these great resorts.
Maybe they left the Suites and Deluxe rooms for last and completed the Standard rooms before them? They're supposed to be all done in 5 days, but I wonder if they'll finish on time?

If you spend more time at Epcot/DHS then staying at BWI makes a lot of sense. Wouldn't it be great if Epcot was just a bit beyond FW and you could walk right to it from WL?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RenaissanceBabe View Post
The Fiance and I will be here in June for a ten day HONEYMOON! We originally were going to rent points at AKL, but my best friend stayed here last February and couldn't stop raving about it. After a little research we fell in love too. I'm super excited to stay so close to Epcot too! Last time we went to Disney it was short trip with a school group during a tropical storm, so pretty much a disaster. I'm so ready to get back to disney and enjoy it the right way, at our own pace. We'll be there 6/1-6/10 if you want to add us to the list!
I do want to add you and congratulate you on your engagement. Make sure you have your honeymoon noted in your reservation

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitwheels View Post
Staying at BWI December 23-27! My family has been to Disney many times but never stayed on property (we usually have my grandparents' timeshare). I'm so excited and a little nervous! So many new things!
Welcome! Once you stay on-property AND Deluxe, there's no going back. You're going to love it and what a very merry Christmas you're going to have. Have you seen the BWI Christmas photos in POST 13? I'll log your dates in the BoardWalk Bulletin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabean View Post
Again, I wanted to take a moment here on Labor Day to post that our first ever split-trip last month ... WL then BWI ... was great.
(I made a separate post over in the WL thread)

Although BWI is our preference, the split provided a nice contrast: WL has more of a rural laid-back feel, whereas BWI is high-energy Jersey Shore

As usual our CL room was spacious and the view overlooking the boardwalk is phenomenal: the bakery & restaurant smells and the jazz music during the day, and the lights and crowds at night. It also feels good to be in the "center of the action" between Epcot and Hollywood Studios.

And as always the club-level CM's are always helpful... well, actually ALL the CM's at the bWI are very helpful.

Looking forward to next year.
Thank you for posting about your split stay and I hope you get to book your next trip soon. Will you do the same split?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedemon21 View Post
Hello all!

We are heading to WDW November 11-17 and staying at the BWI for the first time. It will be me, my husband and two teenagers (boy 16, girl 14) in a standard room. My question is will the day bed be big enough to accommodate one of them? They are both well over 5 feet tall. I ask 'cause I am reading that it is a "child bed" and cannot accommodate anyone over 5 ft.

Thanks so much! We are excited for our first stay at BWI, and I apologize if this has been asked before.
Welcome and I'll log your dates! From what others have posted, your DD should be able to be comfortable in the daybed. If not, I suppose you could sleep with DD and DS with DH?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fla4fun View Post
Me again! I stopped by BWI to check in this morning on my way to work, and ended up in the 82-86 range of rooms again with a standard view booked. I took a couple minutes to check out the room while I was there. This time I do have a balcony (although I didn't take the time to go out on it as I didn't want to be late for work) and it overlooks the same central courtyard with a partial BW view. I did not check the "Boardwalk view" box this time though. I requested a room near the elevator. It was sooooooo hard to leave the room and go to work, but at least I can go straight to the room when I get there.
Wow! Don't we all wish we could post what you did! That is so cool that your job is close enough to WDW that you can check-in to your room BEFORE going to work - love it

Thanks for such a timely post about having a balcony this time AND a partial BWV. That's interesting that you didn't even check the "BWV" box on OCI.

I sure hope you don't have any traffic and you get back to BWI fast. Are you doing a split? How long are you staying? Where's dinner tonight? (I'm really nosy)
WDWKOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:49 PM   #3364
MiMi2Three
now MiMi2Four

Calling with room request

We are booked for standard room, would like to request garden/Epcot view. How many days before check in should I make that call?
MiMi2Three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:51 PM   #3365
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiMi2Three View Post
We are booked for standard room, would like to request garden/Epcot view. How many days before check in should I make that call?
You can add room location requests to your reservation anytime after booking, but you'll want the request in your reservation about one week prior to arrival. The reservation gets dropped into the resort at around the 5-day mark and then the Room Assignor assigns your room usually 3-5 days prior to arrival.
WDWKOOK is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: