Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-30-2013, 10:05 PM   #1
MickeyManiac
Mouseketeer

Email from Chase re:Disney Visa

I received an email from Chase tonight saying that travel notification is no longer required.

As part of our continuous efforts to improve your experience with your Disney Rewards Visa card, we’ve made an update to your account.

In the past, you may have notified us of your travel plans to ensure uninterrupted service while traveling. Because we value your business and your use of this card, you no longer need to provide us with your travel information.

Our fraud detection systems will continue to protect and monitor your account, and we may still decline charges that appear fraudulent.
Your account satisfaction and security is our priority. Should you need us while traveling, call the number on the back of your card anytime. Thank you for choosing Chase.

Has anyone else received an email like this?
I would hate to have my card declined while travelling because a charge may "appear" fraudulent.
MickeyManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 11:39 PM   #2
grelca
Earning My Ears

If they happen to decline a charge, all you have to do is call the number on the back of your card and it'll verify that you're you and be like DOES THIS RECENT ATTEMPTED CHARGE SOUND FAMILIAR? and you say yes and then it'll go through fine if they swipe it again. It's really simple!
grelca is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-01-2013, 04:12 AM   #3
Thori

Earning My Ears

I haven't seen anything like that in my mailbox so that would suck if we were traveling where there would be roaming charges. However, I have received calls and texts about possible fraud, so if you had a smart phone then you could send a text back to confirm/deny any charges instead of incurring long distance charges.
Old 05-01-2013, 08:17 AM   #4
mdsd8700
It's kind of fun to do the impossible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thori View Post
I haven't seen anything like that in my mailbox so that would suck if we were traveling where there would be roaming charges. However, I have received calls and texts about possible fraud, so if you had a smart phone then you could send a text back to confirm/deny any charges instead of incurring long distance charges.
I haven't received the e-mail either. However last year while DH and were at F&W I purchased a $200 gift card for the booths and immediately after I received a text asking about the purchase, checking to make sure it wasn't a fraudulent purchase. I could have texted back, but I just called to let Chase know I made the purchase. I was glad to see they were monitoring my account.

All Who Come To This Happy Place Welcome,
mdsd8700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 10:05 AM   #5
sydneysmom
ready to go back to Disney..... NOW!

I haven't received it either, but I did go out and look and you can still enter in a travel notification on the website and put in your travel dates. (which I'm glad you posted this because it reminded me!)

2010 : Grand Floridian and MNSSHP
2013 : Grand Floridian and DH's birthday!
2016 : First trip to Universal
sydneysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 10:37 AM   #6
MickeyManiac
Mouseketeer

I know it's easy to approve a charge in most cases but there are times when you can't be reached to approve them.

Last year my DSIL didn't contact them before our cruise. Her phone had been off all week and she'd been using her cards in other countries. When we got back to Florida a week later she couldn't pick up her rental car until she called Chase because her card was being declined.

I just like the extra layer of security knowing they are keeping an eye on my card. I'd rather make one phone call before my trip than have them contacting me everytime I use my card out of town so I'll still notify them when I travel just to avoid any hassles.
MickeyManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 10:40 AM   #7
kimbe21
Mouseketeer

still call

I called last Friday to order my rewards card and told Chase when we would be traveling. The agent thanked me for letting them know and made a note on my account. The next day I received an email confirming that I made this note on my account.

In 2011, I had let Chase know we were going to WDW so we wouldn't have an issue using our card. I received a call the day we returned home from the Chase fraud department asking if all the charges on the account were accurate and after reviewing them I found that I had 2 unauthorized charges. They took care of it with no problems but it was reassuring to know they were still monitoring my card even though they knew I was out of town.

I think I would still let them know you will be out of town that way there are no issues.
kimbe21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 11:05 AM   #8
gduvall
DIS Veteran

I received the same email yesterday.
gduvall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 07:41 AM   #9
Jaime4004
DIS Veteran

My DIsney chase was declined a couple years ago at walmart when we were buying groceries, near orlando. i was a little annoyed. I figured buying stuff near disney when it is a disney card would have been lower fraud alert priority.
Old 05-02-2013, 08:06 PM   #10
MissManda
DIS Veteran

Last summer my Disney Visa was actually declined at Disney World. We were buying souvenirs at a gift shop inside Animal Kingdom and the card was declined. I think the day before we had purchased something at Hollywood studios, gotten some food outside the parks and purchased groceries. Those transactions went through fine. Not sure why the Animal Kingdom purchase triggered a problem.

I called customer service and they said because I live in Virginia and the card was being used in Florida that they had marked it as possible fraud and therefore declined the card when it was used. I told them that I didn't think it was so unrealistic to believe that I would be using my Disney card while on vacation at Disney World (oddly, the girl on the other end seemed surprised by this. She actually said...oh, your in Disney world. How exciting!...duh...that's why the card was being used at the Animal Kingdom).

It was so strange. I have used that card all over the place in several states without ever notifying them of my vacation plans and never had trouble. I've even used it at Disney before and never had any problems. Not sure why this time around was a problem.

1st Trip- May 2009- CBR
2nd Trip- Sept 2010- POFQ- MNSSHP
3rd Trip-June 2012- Offsite condo.
4th Trip- possibly a solo??? TBD
MissManda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 08:47 PM   #11
jewjubean
You can call me Bean
My vote "the TG" is a Mutant ninja fairy ranger. Fighting for crazy people everywhere!!:D

I would rather it decline and then me figure out why...
Old 05-02-2013, 09:31 PM   #12
mommyrosa2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jewjubean View Post
I would rather it decline and then me figure out why...
Exactly!

Last June, I had pre-ordered (over the phone with Private Dining) a specialty cake for my DD's graduation celebratory dinner at Cape May in August. They told me they needed my cc# to guarantee. I didn't use my Disney Visa anywhere else before, during or after our trip. The day after we got home, I received a call from Chase telling me they declined a purchase that someone was trying to make at some banco popular in Orlando on the day we left Orlando. We had given them a heads up beforehand of when we were going and what I had planned to use my card for...thank GOD I did! They ended up having to cancel that card and reissue me a brand new one with a new number.

mommyrosa2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 06:58 AM   #13
marius97
DIS Veteran

I had the opposite problem with Chase a few years ago. I called and warned them that I'd be driving down to WDW. The entire vacation went of without a hitch. While we were gone, my other car was getting some major engine work done to it. We left Daytona at 5am to start the nonstop 19 hour drive home. We did all the usual gas station/food stops in about five different states. The next morning I got up early to get the car from the mechanic and my card was declined. Turns out they were freaked out because my card had been used in so many states in such a short period of time. Big annoyance, but at least they were watching.

As for OP...This would bug me sooooo much if that scenario played out. I'd rather call first than have an increased chance of being declined down at WDW. Five minutes of my time on vacation is way more valuable than five minutes back at home.
marius97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 05:18 PM   #14
runwad
Can someone tell me how to play SPUD?

I didn't get that email either, but I'm still going to be calling them anyway before we leave on our summer vacation. I don't want to deal with the hassle of them declining my purchases either on vacation. But as others I am thankful that they do monitor the accounts like that.
runwad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 05:33 PM   #15
bpesch
DIS Veteran

I've had the Chase Disney card from right when it came out years ago. I travel all the time and the only time I ever had them decline charges was when I was in Disney World this past January. I still laugh about it.
bpesch is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: