Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-09-2011, 02:33 PM   #1
anniet
DIS Veteran

Irons Prohibited On Board The Dream

Hi -

I saw that you can't bring a clothes iron on board for safety reasons.

Wondering if anyone knows if they allow curling irons or flat irons?

Thanks!

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.. I hold that, the more helpless a creature, the more entitled it is to protection by man from the cruelty of man"
-- Mahatma Gandhi
anniet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 02:35 PM   #2
flexsmom

DIS Veteran

But ... I'm a DVC member!

Yes, those are fine - at least for the curling iron side. I've never seen anything about the flat iron, but that's pretty much like a curling iron.

There are laundry irons in the laundry rooms for use, or you can also send out clothes to be pressed for 1/2 the cost quoted for "cleaning".

PS - I have a "little" bit of wave in my hair, but on our last cruise, it was super-curly and full just by air-drying. My kids couldn't figure out what I had done! Anyway - so I definitely had no use for the curling iron that I usually use on occasion!
flexsmom is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-09-2011, 03:15 PM   #3
luvndizny
Mouseketeer

We just got back (on the Magic) and I brought my flat-iron and noone said a word. (I often left it out too and again- nothing said, etc.) Unless things are different on the Dream- here's a hint- it won't work in the bathrooms though. Your hair dryer won't either HOWEVER, the plugs near the TV and desk did work and that's where I did my hair every day.

My husband used the laundry room to iron his clothes and my son's a couple of times with no issues.
luvndizny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 03:50 PM   #4
anniet
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvndizny View Post
Your hair dryer won't either HOWEVER, the plugs near the TV and desk did work and that's where I did my hair every day.
uh-oh do I have to bring a hairdryer too? I thought they had them there?

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.. I hold that, the more helpless a creature, the more entitled it is to protection by man from the cruelty of man"
-- Mahatma Gandhi
Old 04-09-2011, 04:06 PM   #5
Dec6
Addicted to DCL...

I think u can bring a steamer for your clothes...
Dec6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 04:31 PM   #6
HsvTeacher
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by anniet View Post
uh-oh do I have to bring a hairdryer too? I thought they had them there?
They have hairdryers, but they aren't very strong. I have really thick hair, and it took me forever to dry mine. Next time, I'm planning to take my own.
Once a Year from 1992-1997-Off Site*September 2008-ASMu*March 2009-POP *May 2009-SSR and AKV Kidani*June 2009-Vero Beach*October 2009-AKV Kidani*May 2010-AKV Kidani*June 2010-Vero Beach*June 2010-AKV Kidani*July 2010-SSR*October 2010-SSR*December 2010-Swan*December 2010-DCL Wonder*December 2010-AKL CL Jambo*April 2011-VWL*May 2011-My Sister's House*June 2011-BCV and BLT*June 2012-AKL CL Jambo*June 2012-DCL Fantasy*June 2012-AKV Kidani*July 2013-SSR*March 2014-AKV Kidani

(Me) (DH) * DVC Members (AKV) Since February 2009

HsvTeacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 04:38 PM   #7
cmwade77
DIS Veteran

I believe hair dryers are prohibited as well.
cmwade77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 04:43 PM   #8
mickeyfan1
Come and let me show you my tatoo
Let me drive you crazy.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmwade77 View Post
I believe hair dryers are prohibited as well.
NO, they are allowed, you just have to use them in the room. The outlet in the bathroom (on the ceiling, I think) is for razors only and may be a different voltage. People usually turn off hair dryers and hair implements when hot in yuse, irons tend to be left on and can be a fire hazard, the rules are in place for passenger safety.
mickeyfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 04:44 PM   #9
maria-fan-22
DIS Veteran

It is easier for a fire to start a fire with a clothing iron. And if you don't bring an ironing board, you may damage their stuff. If you leave a clothing iron on a shirt too long, it may catch fire. It's just one thing they can do to help prevent fires. There really shouldn't be any reason to have a clothing iron in your room anyway.

I'm on Twitter! @DCLdude

http://dcldude.webs.com/
maria-fan-22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 04:51 PM   #10
luvndizny
Mouseketeer

There are hair dryers on board, but I brought my own...glad I did as you don't have any control over the heat, volume of air, etc. If you're having pro. pictures done especially (and for formal nights and so-on), it helps knowing you won't have to guess if you'll be able to style your hair like you're used to!
luvndizny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 05:35 PM   #11
atinkerbellmom
DIS Veteran

Flat irons are fine, curling irons are fine, hair dryers are fine (the ones on the ship should be called "air blowers"

Irons AND Steamers are not allowed on any of the ships for safety guidelines. If you bring it and your SRH sees it, they will kindly keep it safe for you until the last night. There ar irons on the ship in the laundry room to use.

Thanks, Cheri & Johnna. Thanks Tiny Tink & LtWDWdream. & Thanks Rani
atinkerbellmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 07:51 PM   #12
anniet
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by atinkerbellmom View Post
Flat irons are fine, curling irons are fine, hair dryers are fine (the ones on the ship should be called "air blowers"

Irons AND Steamers are not allowed on any of the ships for safety guidelines. If you bring it and your SRH sees it, they will kindly keep it safe for you until the last night. There ar irons on the ship in the laundry room to use.

Thanks! That works for me - I don't care if my clothes are wrinkled, but my hair has to look great!

-- Mahatma Gandhi

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: