Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-20-2012, 08:29 AM   #1
cherokeemamma
DIS Veteran

Ticket Question

I have 2 one day passes from 2008 that were part of the free dining package. At that time you only had to purchase a one day ticket to get Free Dining. A friend had given us 2 3 day hopper passes and we used those instead of the 1 day ticket attached to the package. So the park ticket portion of the package was never activated as we used the 3 day hoppers instead.

I recently found these tickets (thought I had lost them) and I am wondering how can I verify they are still valid? Also my DD was a child ticket and now she would be considered an adult, so how will that work?

I appreciate all advice regarding this!

Thanks!
Darlene

Check out my first trip report: The Hill Family's Surprise Vacation(w/ a ton of pics):
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1234215
cherokeemamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 08:34 AM   #2
Robo
Attention: There's a '71 Castle in the Hub with its lights on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeemamma View Post
I have 2 one day passes from 2008 that were part of the free dining package. At that time you only had to purchase a one day ticket to get Free Dining. A friend had given us 2 3 day hopper passes and we used those instead of the 1 day ticket attached to the package. So the park ticket portion of the package was never activated as we used the 3 day hoppers instead.

I recently found these tickets (thought I had lost them) and

1- I am wondering how can I verify they are still valid?

2- Also my DD was a child ticket and now she would be considered an adult, so how will that work?
1- This MIGHT work. Otherwise, you'll have to wait until your next trip to WDW to find out at a ticket booth there.

[B]Call WDW at
(407) 566-4985

When the system answers-
Press "Option 2" when asked.
The CM can then check if your ticket is still valid
(but not the number of "days left" on it) if you read her/him the numbers printed on it.

Since ticket prices have gone up since you purchased your current ticket from Disney, you should USE
your ticket to go into a theme park at least once BEFORE you do the upgrade.

Even if you have used part or all of the assets of the ticket that you HAVE,
you will get the full value if that ticket, as if it were new, in the upgrade.
You must do the upgrade on or before the day that the ticket still has at least one day on it.

Yes, it's a magical thing, but even after you USE the ticket (even if it has been "all used up,")
it will still be worth its*full current gate value for the purposed of the upgrade.
Again, you must do the upgrade on or before the day that the ticket still has at least one day on it.

All upgrades for Magic Your Way (non-Florida resident) tickets must
be done within 14 days following the ticket's first use.

Tickets can be upgraded at any ticket booth or Guest Relations at any theme park, water park, TTC or DTD.

2- Assuming that this ticket has also never been used,
and, since you cannot actually USE this child's ticket to enter a park before you upgrade,
you can just trade in the ticket for what it was worth at the original time and use the
value to help purchase a new adult ticket.

Last edited by Robo; 01-20-2012 at 08:45 AM.
Robo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-20-2012, 11:40 AM   #3
seashoreCM
All around nice guy.

1. Don't bother to call. Assume that the tickets are still valid. Just go down and enjoy your vacation. Unused Disney tickets have an unlimited shelf life.
Today's riddle: Q: Why are there these 20 foot timber or stucco walls between the freeway and people's back yards? A: So people living there don't put up huge Christmas light displays and distract passing motorists.
seashoreCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 03:22 PM   #4
Cheshire Figment
Friend of Figment

If you go to the locked sticky Everything About WDW Tickets in this Forum, especially Post #9 and 15-D, you can get a lot more information. An easy way to get to the sticky is by clicking on the link in my signature. The ticket sticky is your friend!

Now Working Part Time at Walt Disney World! Currently at Everything Pop Merchandise after nine years in Guest Services/Ticket Sales.

A few very helpful links which are on DisBoards:
Everything About WDW Tickets and this one disABILITIES FAQs
Cheshire Figment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 09:36 PM   #5
BrettS
DIS Veteran

As others have said, unused tickets never expire, so as long as you're sure they were never used then you should have no problems. Additionally, unused tickets can be upgraded, so you can get credit for the cost of a one day ticket toward whatever ticket you need for this trip.

Normally you should use a ticket before you upgrade it... Enter the park with your one day tickets, then go to guest relations and tell them you want to add days or hopping or whatever you want. If you use the tickets first you'll get full credit for the current gate price of a one day ticket. If you don't use the ticket first then you'll only get credit for the price you originally paid, which will be a bit less than the current price as the ticket prices have gone up since 2008.

This gets a bit tricky with your daughter, though, because she's technically an adult now. If she's not much older than 10 and could still pass for a 9 year old, I'd suggest letting her use the child's ticket to enter the park, then tell them she's an adult when you upgrade her ticket. You'll only get credit for the cost of a child's ticket when you do the upgrade because that's what you have, but you can use that credit toward an adult ticket.

If she's older and you think she might have trouble using the child's ticket that once to enter the park, then you'll need to upgrade her ticket at guest relations before you enter the park. You can still upgrade her child's ticket to an adult ticket, but because it's unused you would only get credit for the original purchase price. You can ask the CM doing the upgrade if they can bridge the ticket, which is the process they use to bring it's value up to the current gate price, but they may or may not do this as it is against their policy.

Good luck and have fun
Brett
BrettS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 01:08 AM   #6
cherokeemamma
DIS Veteran

Thanks so much for the advice and information. You guys are awesome!

Check out my first trip report: The Hill Family's Surprise Vacation(w/ a ton of pics):
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1234215
cherokeemamma is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: