Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-05-2014, 08:07 PM   #1186
canyoncam
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgsquared View Post
I was just browsing through and loving the talk on the Divacup as this sort of product changed my life 7 years ago and I haven't looked back!
I always feel guilty for not talking about it more as it makes such a positive impact on the environment and is so much healthier for women than the chemical laden pads and tampons (which in my, and my friends experience- actually make you bleed more!!).

Definitely try it out before any trip as pp have suggested it has a learning curve. Also look into other brands. If you are at all a smaller person or a virgin or just very sensitive down there- try a softer brand. I always had trouble with tampons, any pads that weren't all natural and organic, etc. as I am generally super sensitive.
I love the ladycup brand cups as they are a bit smaller and softer. This does mean I have to go to the bathroom every 3 hours on the heaviest flow day but I truly don't feel it and half the time forget I have my period! It's important to test around as each woman is shaped differently. My skinny sister needs the large size lady cup or she has trouble with leakage. It all depends on how you are shaped down there and how heavy your flow is.

The lack of chemicals means less cramps for a lot of people too! I can also say my gynecologist was very pleased I was using this. Said it's the best!

I recommend taking the flushabale toilet paper wipes in the beginning when out. Eventually you get the hang of it and it is not as messy. I wash my hands before always and use the paper towel to open the stall door and close it.
I also empty it in the shower every morning in the hot water and find it a nice start. For sterilizing I use a quarter of a milton tab in a mug- that's all you need. One box of milton tabs lasts at least 2 years.

So now you all know waayyy too much about me but if I can convince even one person to try out cups I'll consider it a success! I haven't bought anything but a pack of sterilizing tablets for my period in 7 years. Not only are the economical and environmental benefits great- it also is healthier. I never worry about going swimming. I never stress about having enough with me or where to buy pads if I am camping or in Egypt. I never feel it unless it's getting full.. I never run out of stock, I never care if there isn't a trashcan in the toilet I'm using (you're really not supposed to flush tampons)... and don't need one in my toilet at home, and it is not an item in my budget!

Have I convinced anyone yet? ^_^
You convinced me. Wow! It is awesome! Wish I knew this a decade ago. All set for the next decade! Can take my stock of surplus supplies now (bought in bulk when on sale) and pass out to the poor unfortunate souls not in the know.
Old 09-06-2014, 11:56 AM   #1187
hsmamato2
Tink in Training-Good Girl,Bad temper
Little house on the prairie was the HEIGHT of t.v

thanks for the info.... those cups have gotten a lot of advertising on this thread..... I got a Diva years ago after reading here I am going to try out the ladycup brand..looking to see if any differences and ease of use...and I totally agree with all the 'plus' points for using these! travelling is 1000 times easier without worrying about all that other 'stuff' to bring along
hsmamato2 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-31-2014, 08:51 PM   #1188
trishypoo
Earning My Ears

Bag

Lots of great tips of what to carry' but my question is what type of bag do you carry?
CBR 11/07
Disney Wonder w/Hubby 8/08
ASM fam suites 01/2011
Aulani w Hubby 2013
for 20th anniversary trip also
Maui for 5 nights!
Me Hubby
DS#1 15 DS#2 11 DS#3 7

trishypoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 09:12 PM   #1189
Echo queen
I like the idea of being close to the action
I had to buy another piece of luggage today and shoes and a floppy hat
The camping trip got a little hairy

Quote:
Originally Posted by trishypoo View Post
Lots of great tips of what to carry' but my question is what type of bag do you carry?
Vera Bradley hipster or mini hipster.

Echo queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 09:19 PM   #1190
keahgirl8
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I still haven't found the perfect one! I actually ended up just carrying a backpack last time, because I get tired of having everything crammed into a small bag.
Old 10-31-2014, 10:14 PM   #1191
Catira
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Disney LeSportsac or disney Vera Bradley hipster.. Both are light weight
Old 11-13-2014, 05:16 PM   #1192
trishypoo
Earning My Ears

Any special shoes for the parks ladies?
CBR 11/07
Disney Wonder w/Hubby 8/08
ASM fam suites 01/2011
Aulani w Hubby 2013
for 20th anniversary trip also
Maui for 5 nights!
Me Hubby
DS#1 15 DS#2 11 DS#3 7

trishypoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 01:16 AM   #1193
keahgirl8
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Any special shoes for the parks ladies?
I usually wear Brooks Ravennas, which are my walking shoe of choice. If it is really hot I wear Orthaheels flip flops.
Old 11-14-2014, 01:51 AM   #1194
cattywampus
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by keahgirl8 View Post
I usually wear Brooks Ravennas, which are my walking shoe of choice. If it is really hot I wear Orthaheels flip flops.
I LOVE Brooks Ravenna and have a pair in my luggage now (we leave Sat!), but I hate the crazy colors. I wish they had plain white as an option. I guess I'm boring!
cattywampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 01:56 AM   #1195
keahgirl8
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cattywampus View Post
I LOVE Brooks Ravenna and have a pair in my luggage now (we leave Sat!), but I hate the crazy colors. I wish they had plain white as an option. I guess I'm boring!
I am the total opposite. The crazier the better for me!
Old 11-14-2014, 09:48 AM   #1196
cattywampus
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by keahgirl8 View Post
I am the total opposite. The crazier the better for me!
I am definitely the odd one, which is why I can never find white!
cattywampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 10:14 AM   #1197
HizMinnie2015
Mouseketeer

I did just find these Brooks in white/silver. I too, am a white shoe kind of gal.

http://www.finishline.com/store/prod...Id=prod741528#

Me-44 Martyne-40
HizMinnie2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2014, 10:19 AM   #1198
hsmamato2
Tink in Training-Good Girl,Bad temper
Little house on the prairie was the HEIGHT of t.v

I used to always carry my Baggalini bag(wide strap, kind of like a small half backpack) because it's so dang convenient to travel with...just not....pretty. I even took some advice from here, and dyed it's ug;y khaki green self eggplant purple. (it came out way cool, with the green still visible in places, but lots of purple now too,I call it the 'eggplant bag')
Then I got a VB disney Hipster last week (ebay) and I have to decide which to carry. All I need is my phone,wallet,and room to roll up a jacket for weather fluctuations throughout the day. So we shall see.
On those 'cups'..... I tried a brand on Amazon called "Sckoon"...(?) it is smaller and softer than diva, and for me,less reliable. So I am sticking with that super reliable Diva cup,unless it's a real light day....
hsmamato2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: