Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-31-2014, 08:03 AM   #1696
ryckpen
Earning My Ears

blisters

I know there has been tons posted about blisters on this thread. I thought I would add my 2 cents worth. My DH suffered terribly from blisters, poor guy always huge blisters on our first day in the parks. After reading endless threads and much research we bought new skin aka liquid bandage. WOW what a difference it worked GREAT!! On a recent Washington DC trip. He applied 1 coat then let that dry then applied another coat let that dry then socks and shoes, after a full day of walking then walking some more (more walking than we have ever done at Disney) NO BLISTERS. My feet and legs ached terribly but he was unstoppable. It is sold everywhere and in small enough bottles that it is easy to bring along and not a problem with TSA.
Old 11-02-2014, 03:04 PM   #1697
kungaloosh22
Mouseketeer

When staying at a deluxe resort in good weather, we like to bring headlamps, so we can read books, magazines, or my (non-lit) kindle on the balcony in the evenings. They're great for reading in bed, too, especially if others in the room are sleeping.
kungaloosh22 is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-05-2014, 12:26 PM   #1698
nanceliz
DIS Veteran

I haven't read all the pages yet, so I'm sorry if these are duplicated....

I always bring ear plugs with me when I travel. That way I'm prepared if we are next to any noise at night.

Also we get a bright neon colored duct tape roll and tape a piece on each of our checked luggage on the handle so that we can recognize our suitcases as the come around the carousel.

Love reading these tips! keep them coming...
Old 11-09-2014, 05:15 PM   #1699
lauradis
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryckpen View Post
I know there has been tons posted about blisters on this thread. I thought I would add my 2 cents worth. My DH suffered terribly from blisters, poor guy always huge blisters on our first day in the parks. After reading endless threads and much research we bought new skin aka liquid bandage. WOW what a difference it worked GREAT!! On a recent Washington DC trip. He applied 1 coat then let that dry then applied another coat let that dry then socks and shoes, after a full day of walking then walking some more (more walking than we have ever done at Disney) NO BLISTERS. My feet and legs ached terribly but he was unstoppable. It is sold everywhere and in small enough bottles that it is easy to bring along and not a problem with TSA.
better shoes?
plus we start walking about a mile a day and increase about 90 before trip

the avg is 15 miles in a day at disney

haha we do strenth training for disney
lauradis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 05:35 PM   #1700
lauradis
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by quakechicago View Post
Amazon.

And yes. They poop blood and leave a mess you can see with gamers yellow glasses or the lights out. There was a trail to the outlet I saw them in. You'll see all biologicals from dust to if around the toilet or bedding was not cleaned.

Caveat: for your sanity, don't turn it on in the airplane. It's horrifying! We once had a wet seat and I needed to use it to show a terrible stewardess it was not a little water but a soaked seat of urine. The whole place lit up like it was Christmas! (& now we fly southwest!)
It doesn't matter what class of hotel you stay. Bed bugs come from travelers not hotels.

you don't need a black light to find them. just pull the four corners of the mattress your looking for small black spots. Like this

The picture above is extreme but its small black dots are their poop.

It doesn't mean the room has bed bugs, just that they have had it in the near pass. and you shouldn't sleep there.

I work at a hotel and any hotel that tells your they have never had them is lieing to you, period.

Now comforters and blankets in most hotels under a 4 star rating don't get washed or changed except every month on a rotation unless housekeeper finds them to be dirty, then they are changed at housekeeper discretion.
lauradis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 07:21 AM   #1701
Bellanota
Mouseketeer

So to get away from bed bugs (which make me never want to travel again on some level btw... ewwwwww)

The one thing I packed that might be considered odd is a pill box in my park day bag... i used it for pills

But no what I did was take and put all the over the counter meds we might need.. advil, pepto, benadryil in the kid and adult version in different day slots then write with a fine sharpie what they were and what the dosage was. Now i dont have to lug alot of bottles around and I dont have to worry about over the counter meds in the park.

I do this for our day trips to our local theme park and it alway works out very nicely.

Port Orleans - 2000 Contemporary- 2007 Art of Animation- 2014

GrammyMe DD(5)
Bellanota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 09:00 PM   #1702
lisahoo
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrhsa View Post
Ok, 108 pages and 3 days in...here are my "have to" brings. My crochet. I know, I know. Who has time for that at Disney? Well, it helps me to de-compress after a long day. Just a few rows or stitches just settles the brain. And then I can remember my trip every time I look at my finished goodie.
I have to bring my knitting! Now to decide on a single (small) project to bring.

79 days to go! I hope I can decide!!
Old 11-11-2014, 01:26 PM   #1703
Michblue
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisahoo View Post
I have to bring my knitting! Now to decide on a single (small) project to bring.

79 days to go! I hope I can decide!!
Same here. I just started my travel project, I would never get through the plane ride without it, and a few rows at night are so relaxing after a busy Disney day.

I have a small collapsible silicone funnel that I bring. We always get so many drinks with the QS meal plan. I pour the leftover drinks into water bottles and add them to the backpack for later. I also have one of those flat out tupperware containers in the backpack for leftovers.

White noise app is my new favorite. No need to bring a fan anymore.
*2007- Polynesian, first trip for our kids. DS 7, DS 5.*
*2008- Pop ** 2011- Pop **2012- Pop **2013-Pop* 2/2014-PoP** Planning 11/2014-Pop
Michblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 01:24 AM   #1704
cuches
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by quakechicago View Post
I just thought of something else since I'm packing for another trip. I bring hibiclens packets and individual soap packets instead of other wipes or antibacterial goo.

They're pretty much the only thing that works on norovirus, C-diff, and everything else ghnasty and they continue working for hours.
EXCELLENT IDEA! I work in a hospital and we use this stuff...it is amazing!
1993 Dixie Landings (honeymoon), 1998 off site Holiday Inn (NOT NICE!), 2004 off site Radison (pretty nice) Dana's first trip, 2008 All Star Music, 2009 Coronado Springs, 2010 Pop Century, 2011 Hard Rock Hotel @ Universal Studios2014 Christmas at All Star Movies
cuches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 02:52 AM   #1705
cuches
Mouseketeer

http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/1/1/...l-bag-set.html

These work great for fitting a lot of clothes in a small case. Can roll in a dryer sheet too for wrinkles.

Also, a solar powered charger so you always have a back up battery charger. http://www.ebay.com/itm/50000mAh-Por...item2a40b99d8e

OR:

I got the Otterbox external battery case. It is great protection and gives double the life on the iPhone battery which sucks! http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/251521351018?lpid=82

BTW, no more phone charging stations at the parks but there are outlets so bring your cords. When you stop for a break power up.
1993 Dixie Landings (honeymoon), 1998 off site Holiday Inn (NOT NICE!), 2004 off site Radison (pretty nice) Dana's first trip, 2008 All Star Music, 2009 Coronado Springs, 2010 Pop Century, 2011 Hard Rock Hotel @ Universal Studios2014 Christmas at All Star Movies
cuches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 09:38 PM   #1706
Liver lips
Liver Lips

Items to pack

Power strip
Powdered drink flavorings for bottles of water
Brita bottle with filter for water
Ponchos-came in so handy while sitting at Fantasmic when it started to rain!
Hand sanitizer wipes for park bag
Liver lips is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: