Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-10-2012, 04:32 PM   #1
bspears88
Earning My Ears

Floral question

Hello all!

Me and my DF have set our planning session for November with our planner, her assistant wrote back and confirmed the session along with tasting times.
Nothing about floral though, do we have to set up an appointment with the Disney florist separate?

Also, my main question is for people who have used an outside florist, we would like to do that to save money, but at the same time I feel it would be a hassle? It just would seem so easier to use disney-is this true? If I use an outside florist will they set everything up and do they know what to do?

Now, if we set up a planning with a Disney florist and decide they are too expensive after we get our BEO, would it be wrong to completley drop them and go with outside florist? Has anyone ever done this?

If anyone has any recommendations for outside florist please let me know! Thanks!!!!
bspears88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 05:00 PM   #2
tinkerbell 766
If I can't fly, let me sing. Or, in other words if I can't be in Disney, let me talk about it !
DLRP is quite simply my spiritual home

My understanding is that DFTW will only permit the use of an outside florist for inside venues. If your wedding is at an outside venue (SBP, SSP etc), you would be permitted to use an outside florist for personal floral, but not decoration. This does, of course mean that all decoration for DPs needs to be undertaken by Disney florists.
All this said, I am by no means an expert on this topic, so may have misunderstood the rules. I am sure somebody more knowledgable will be along to help.
As for florists, we used Petals by Design Orlando and were 100% happy with their work!!!! I absolutely adored my floral!!

tinkerbell 766 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-10-2012, 05:27 PM   #3
bspears88
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbell 766 View Post
My understanding is that DFTW will only permit the use of an outside florist for inside venues. If your wedding is at an outside venue (SBP, SSP etc), you would be permitted to use an outside florist for personal floral, but not decoration. This does, of course mean that all decoration for DPs needs to be undertaken by Disney florists.
All this said, I am by no means an expert on this topic, so may have misunderstood the rules. I am sure somebody more knowledgable will be along to help.
As for florists, we used Petals by Design Orlando and were 100% happy with their work!!!! I absolutely adored my floral!!

Thank you for the recommendation, I will for sure check them out!

We will be gettig married at the Wedding Pavillion and or reception will be at the Grand Floridian, which allow outside vendors as far as I know.
bspears88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 06:29 PM   #4
lurkyloo
The Attic was just perfect
OK, apparently I've been living under a rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by bspears88 View Post
Nothing about floral though, do we have to set up an appointment with the Disney florist separate?
No, your meeting with Disney Floral takes place during the planning session.

Quote:
Also, my main question is for people who have used an outside florist, we would like to do that to save money, but at the same time I feel it would be a hassle? It just would seem so easier to use disney-is this true? If I use an outside florist will they set everything up and do they know what to do?
It seems that for most people the only hassle of using an outside florist is when they pick one that's hard to get ahold of. Many of the popular outside florists do Disney weddings all the time, so they know the drill for building access, setup, etc.

Quote:
Now, if we set up a planning with a Disney florist and decide they are too expensive after we get our BEO, would it be wrong to completley drop them and go with outside florist? Has anyone ever done this?
Yes, that's pretty common too.
lurkyloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 10:09 PM   #5
disbride713
Loves Disney

I'm still working with some outside vendors for my wedding, but still working with Disney because we may need to go with them if we do not meet the minimum. I have found that the outside vendors quotes have been 1/2 to 3/4 less than Disney.
Old 09-12-2012, 10:38 AM   #6
Dis1992
Earning My Ears

They no longer allow outside floral vendors in the wedding pavillion. So if you were planning on decorating the ceremony, you have to use Disney. That rule just changed when they put in the new carpet.
I believe you can get around this depending on when you signed your contract, but I would email your planner for info.
Dis1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 11:36 AM   #7
sue
love my DVC

One thing to keep in mind is that if you use a outside vendor of any kind, it will not count towards your minimum expense that you need to make for your wedding.
Disney' Big Red Boat 3/92 Contemporary 3/92, Poly Resort 12/ 01, Disney Wonder 12/01, Disney Magic 11/05, SSR and OKW 10/06, SSR 08/07 Hawaii Mauni Lani Resort 08/08, Pop Century 2009, OKW 2009, DVC member only cruise Disney Wonder 2009, DVC trade to Kauai Wyndham Shearwater 01/10, All star music resort 08/11, SSR treehouse villas and OKW 11/11, Pop Century 11/12, Disney Fantasy Western 11/12, Bay Lake and Disney Fantasy Eastern 10/14
sue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 03:15 PM   #8
woofiejd
Earning My Ears

I realize I am in the minority on this topic, but we are working with Laura at Disney Floral and I love her. She has worked with me to save money. She has wonderful ideas, and she has made everything very easy. I know they are more expensive but it has been a pleasure working with her.
woofiejd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 03:44 PM   #9
Emily11212
Joe's Bride :-)

I'm also going to praise Disney Floral real quick... I had Elizabeth. She completely understood that we didn't have the greatest budget and she worked with me like crazy to find stuff that I like and for very reasonable prices... I can't wait for our bouquets and decor, she had great ideas, and we came in under $2,000. I was really excited about this, and very happy with Disney Floral and Decor. Also, it is less of a headache than dealing with an outside company.
Old 09-14-2012, 03:55 PM   #10
sue
love my DVC

Quote:
Originally Posted by woofiejd View Post
I realize I am in the minority on this topic, but we are working with Laura at Disney Floral and I love her. She has worked with me to save money. She has wonderful ideas, and she has made everything very easy. I know they are more expensive but it has been a pleasure working with her.

We also worked with Laura Kidd for my daughter's wedding. She is amazing!!
Disney' Big Red Boat 3/92 Contemporary 3/92, Poly Resort 12/ 01, Disney Wonder 12/01, Disney Magic 11/05, SSR and OKW 10/06, SSR 08/07 Hawaii Mauni Lani Resort 08/08, Pop Century 2009, OKW 2009, DVC member only cruise Disney Wonder 2009, DVC trade to Kauai Wyndham Shearwater 01/10, All star music resort 08/11, SSR treehouse villas and OKW 11/11, Pop Century 11/12, Disney Fantasy Western 11/12, Bay Lake and Disney Fantasy Eastern 10/14
sue is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: