DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-12-2014, 02:45 PM   #1351
Joan1
DIS Veteran

We are 4 adults, parents with an 18 and 20 year old. Should we request the Waianae building even number room high floor to be closer to the adult pool or doesn't really matter which building? We are in a 1b OV for a couple of days and then a GV for the rest of the stay. Don't want to request near the adult pool as some of the ocean views in that building seem to look over the JW next door. Don't want them to mistake my request as a view of the adult pool

From the first page I see that the even numbered rooms have the better ocean views

Thanks
Joan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 09:45 PM   #1352
cedricandsophie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joan1 View Post
We are 4 adults, parents with an 18 and 20 year old. Should we request the Waianae building even number room high floor to be closer to the adult pool or doesn't really matter which building? We are in a 1b OV for a couple of days and then a GV for the rest of the stay. Don't want to request near the adult pool as some of the ocean views in that building seem to look over the JW next door. Don't want them to mistake my request as a view of the adult pool From the first page I see that the even numbered rooms have the better ocean views Thanks
We love the Ewe building, room 950 or room 50 on any other floor above. Great ocean view and you can see the whole pool area and the lazy river. Plus you can hear music from the bar right below. The adult pool is on the other side of the hotel, but not a far walk. I really don't recommend the adult pool though...there is no view.
cedricandsophie is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-16-2014, 07:19 AM   #1353
Sur
Love the Dis

Last edited by Sur; 12-17-2014 at 12:12 AM.
Sur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2014, 06:27 PM   #1354
Sassali Family
Earning My Ears

Hello everyone, this is our first post on this thread. We are about to book Aulani for our first trip as DVC members for Thanksgiving 2015. Wondering what Ocean View Studios people recommend, looking at the pictures, it seems you can't go wrong.

I think our priority above all else would be view, as our favorite thing to do when we went on our Disney Cruise last year was sit on our verandah and drink our morning coffee while looking out on the ocean. Any advice for what specific rooms we should request when we book would be welcomed. Thanks so much!
Sassali Family is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2014, 08:25 PM   #1355
wdrl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassali Family View Post
Hello everyone, this is our first post on this thread. We are about to book Aulani for our first trip as DVC members for Thanksgiving 2015. Wondering what Ocean View Studios people recommend, looking at the pictures, it seems you can't go wrong.

I think our priority above all else would be view, as our favorite thing to do when we went on our Disney Cruise last year was sit on our verandah and drink our morning coffee while looking out on the ocean. Any advice for what specific rooms we should request when we book would be welcomed. Thanks so much!
Welcome to the thread. We have been to Aulani twice (Sep 2012; Oct 2014) and have two pieces of general advice about ocean view rooms: Usually, the higher the floor the better the view. The lowest floor for Ocean View villas are on the 6th floor. The views are good, but they improve the higher you go. The second piece of advice I would share is that the Aulani Resort is fairly compact and it doesn't take long to get from one part of the resort to another. Thus, there is little advantage, or disadvantage, to having a villa in one part of the resort over another.

Since views are so subjective, I suggest you click at some of the links in Post #1 and see for yourself what views look most appealing. Personally, I like the Ocean views in the Ewa Building Phase 1 (xx50-xx58) and Ewa Building Long Wing (xx70-xx86) because they offer sunset views.
Old 12-16-2014, 09:40 PM   #1356
Sassali Family
Earning My Ears

Thanks so much for the reply, I didn't realize the list in the first post were links. That is awesome, and extremely helpful!
Sassali Family is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2014, 11:02 PM   #1357
SingingMom
DIS Veteran

My 2 cents would be.,,,,,. How important really is the view?? We enjoyed our spot looking out to the ocean and the main lawn, but truly, anything but a parking lo would have been lovely. :-7

08/76 Fort Wilderness, 09/85 off site, 03/87 off site, 10/91 POFQ, 9/96 Dixie Landings, 07/14-21/01 Disney Magic Cruise! 6/22-7/01/06 Dolphin, 6/22-30/07 Dolphin 6/24-7/02/08 Dolphin, 6/23-7/01/2009 Dolphin, FIVE-PEAT 6/2010 Dolphin! 5/14-21/12 ABD City of Knights & Lights, 1/8-16/13 Dolphin, 7/14-7/22/13 Once Upon a Fairytale, 1/2014 Dolphin, 7/2014 POFQ, 8/2014 Disney Aulani
SingingMom is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: